The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

In defending their decisions to allow Celtic to unilaterally delay a home game with Hibs from Saturday to Monday so they could have a longer overseas training camp during the winter break in January 2021; and Dundee Utd to unilaterally bring forward a home game with Arbroath from Saturday to Friday to coincide with anniversary of them altering their name in October last year; it was argued by SPFL that it was entirely between their Board and the home club (even when the away club was openly opposed)... That surely renders it impossible for this request to even be contemplated unless Aberdeen agree.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

In defending their decisions to allow Celtic to unilaterally delay a home game with Hibs from Saturday to Monday so they could have a longer overseas training camp during the winter break in January 2021; and Dundee Utd to unilaterally bring forward a home game with Arbroath from Saturday to Friday to coincide with anniversary of them altering their name in October last year; it was argued by SPFL that it was entirely between their Board and the home club (even when the away club was openly opposed)... That surely renders it impossible for this request to even be contemplated unless Aberdeen agree.

You'd definitely assume the home club would have to agree here, if Aberdeen say no then that's that.

Either way - if it is allowed, it looks to run contrary to abolishing winter break/Scottish Cup replays/etc. citing lack of dates.

It'll also absolutely be followed by OF, leading to a can-of-worms like 2007-08 IMO.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

At no point have I suggested that it benefits the league or anything of the sort, I haven't even said I think it would really help us. The only reason I started posting in here was to point out Aberdeen had done it before, and then to disagree with people suggesting various logistical reasons as to why it couldn't or shouldn't happen.

It's an Aberdeen v Kilmarnock fixture. When it is played is none of Hibs', Hearts', Dundee's or St Mirren's business.

Aberdeen "had done it before" during a season where every team was entitled to request one postponement. Stop throwing that in as a justification for your "this game can be played on any free midweek up to the end of April next year" shite.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The last time any other team had a game postponed for that reason was Celtic in 2013, which is when Goodwin kicked up a fuss about it in the interview mentioned. Celtic postponed games in 2011 (when it was first allowed), 2012 and 2013, and then never again, which suggests to me the rule may not even have still been in place in 2014.

It was. 

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Fixtures move around for all sorts of reasons. Hearts played a bunch of games at a different stadium one season and there wasn't any complaint about fairness then.

I know a lot of people are replying to you, so I'll leave it after this. But I think there's a clear difference between a club undergoing a large infrastructure project (also disadvantaging that club themselves) and a club just not fancying a difficult run of fixtures.

7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Either way - if it is allowed, it looks to run contrary to abolishing winter break/Scottish Cup replays/etc. citing lack of dates.

It'll also absolutely be followed by OF, leading to a can-of-worms like 2007-08 IMO.

There are loads of dates available for a game postponed in August, even if Killie do reach the group stages. Trying to postpone one in March or April could be a different story.

16 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I was going to wish Kilmarnock well but after seeing this and their wanting to postpone the game next Sunday I hope Copenhagen stuff them by 6 or 7.

Hopefully the Dons have the balls to tell them to stuff their postponement up their arses.

The SPFL will do that for them 

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I know a lot of people are replying to you, so I'll leave it after this. But I think there's a clear difference between a club undergoing a large infrastructure project (also disadvantaging that club themselves) and a club just not fancying a difficult run of fixtures.

There are loads of examples of both teams agreeing to move fixtures because it suits them. Ayr played Hamilton yesterday in a game that was originally meant to be a midweek game in October. Hearts and St Mirren moved a midweek December game on to the League Cup semi weekend in 2022/23 because both teams were free.

If the two teams involved are both happy, that should be that.

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I could almost understand a game being postponed to another weekend but it's nonsense to use 'free midweeks' during the season as a justification. We would then be playing three games in a seven to eight day window.

There is no "justification" being made here other than disagreeing with people saying there's no obvious date to reschedule it to.

Just now, craigkillie said:

There is no "justification" being made here other than disagreeing with people saying there's no obvious date to reschedule it to.

You disagree with everything anyone says on any subject. Such a twat

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Did Kilmarnock request a postponement of their Celtic Park fixture between the Cercle and Tromsø matches? Let me guess.

Do they have any centre halves suspended for next week when a ‘low block’ is a more likely tactic? Probably.

I’d say that’s a bit of a false equivalence given that this postponement request comes when they find themselves in the Play-Off round to try and secure group stage European football.

I think there’s no harm in asking, and there’s no harm in Aberdeen refusing, if they choose to do so.

54 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He wont apologise.

The arrogance from that guy is staggering. Ive seen him speak shit on a subject on numerous occasions, but in a manner that suggested 100% faith he is always right.

Yip.

He’s the most sanctimonious, tedious arse on the forum.

On any subject.