The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

54 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He wont apologise.

The arrogance from that guy is staggering. Ive seen him speak shit on a subject on numerous occasions, but in a manner that suggested 100% faith he is always right.

Yip.

He’s the most sanctimonious, tedious arse on the forum.

On any subject.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d say that’s a bit of a false equivalence given that this postponement request comes when they find themselves in the Play-Off round to try and secure group stage European football.

I think there’s no harm in asking, and there’s no harm in Aberdeen refusing, if they choose to do so.

Certainly significantly less harm than just about everything your club stands for.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think there’s no harm in asking, and there’s no harm in Aberdeen refusing, if they choose to do so.

Exactly.

As for the point about us having a player suspended next Sunday, I don’t doubt for a minute that would be part of McInnes thinking if he does get this postponement. He probably feels that this will give him a better chance against Copenhagen and against Aberdeen when the fixture is rearranged. However who is to say we don’t have more players suspended/injured etc. Same goes for Aberdeen, we could postpone until September (or whenever) and by that time you might have a new #9 in.

But again this is a bit of an overreaction to the suggestion that we might ask for this. As far as I know nothing official has been said. I know it’s Sunday but relax a bit folks.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

No need for that, to be honest.

You could just engage with him reasonably.

Aye, some of the personal abuse here is a little OTT.

40 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Have Killie actually asked for this, or are they just telling the media they might ask?

Going by the press might ask. Wonder if the 3 games without a goal and a win has something to do with it 

Don't know why people are so worked up. They can ask. We can tell them to do one if we want, and probably will. 

Aside from criticism from the usual gobshites in the media spouting shite for clicks, nothing bad will come of it. And Kris Boyd crying into his monster munch is always funny. 

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, some of the personal abuse here is a little OTT.

It's just one or two of the usual people who take forum chatter very seriously, in general I'm enjoying having a grown up disagreement about a topic I don't actually care much about, a great way to spend a Sunday night.

Personal abuse in the last couple of pages is a bit much to be honest.

Craig seems a decent guy to me, albeit with a firm belief in his own opinions, but then 90% of us probably have that approach.

Edited by O_Kahn

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

People reacting to Kilmarnock possibly asking to postpone a fixture as if Derek McInnes is worse than Pol Pot.

Pol Pot did show a degree of tactical flexibility in his later years.

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Going by the press might ask. Wonder if the 3 games without a goal and a win has something to do with it 

Considering we won 1-0 on Thursday night I would say probably not.