The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Not played enough minutes at a level I have data for.

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Probably forgotten about given our start to the season but we don’t appear to be any further forward in appointing a sporting director.

Isn’t it a technical director we are recruiting for?

6 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A-League reserves.

Hmmmmmm…….. 

I watched Western Sydney at Perth Glory on a festive visit to WA in Jan 23 and I found it low key, tippy tappy stuff - with the standard questionable, maybe Championship in our league.

Then I saw Jimmy McGarry, signed from the champions, and it only reinforced the opinion that is not a good league.

However, we’ve just signed a guy from the Finnish League and had success from the Hungarian one - so maybe all about the player rather than where they play….

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I watched Western Sydney at Perth Glory on a festive visit to WA in Jan 23 and I found it low key, tippy tappy stuff - with the standard questionable, maybe Championship in our league.

Then I saw Jimmy McGarry, signed from the champions, and it only reinforced the opinion that is not a good league.

However, we’ve just signed a guy from the Finnish League and had success from the Hungarian one - so maybe all about the player rather than where they play….

He's stopped following us on Instagram so it's probably dead 🤣

Guys I live in Brisbane and can confirm the A-League is absolute dug meat.

Tom Aldred, formally of Motherwell was considered a marquee signing.

That being said, there are some talented youngsters coming through, young lad Thomas Waddingham at Brisbane Roar is expected to move to England this summer for several million.

The A-league is honestly around Scottish Championship or EFL 1 level at best.

Some good potential but a lot of dross.

Edited by Hazbart

Jensen would’ve been just about acceptable back up but not really good enough unfortunately. The run last season of him and gartenmann as the two was pretty harrowing. 

Interesting to see if jack milne is now seen as first choice back up or if macdonald is just not quite fit yet. 

Not going to lie, a potential front four of Keskinen, Clarkson, McGrath and Nisbet does make me excited. Of course, we will never see it as the universe will make sure that at least one is always injured or unavailable even if Nisbet does join, but still. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jensen would’ve been just about acceptable back up but not really good enough unfortunately. The run last season of him and gartenmann as the two was pretty harrowing. 

Interesting to see if jack milne is now seen as first choice back up or if macdonald is just not quite fit yet. 

I think he started well but did tail off. 

Don't think he's suited to how we want to play now.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Not going to lie, a potential front four of Keskinen, Clarkson, McGrath and Nisbet does make me excited. Of course, we will never see it as the universe will make sure that at least one is always injured or unavailable even if Nisbet does join, but still. 

I'm warming to the idea.

4 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Shame as he has the best music taste in the squad. Probably for the best though as he's not going to get much game time here.

Doubt we'll see him in a red shirt again.