The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 5/3/2018 at 06:21, Suspect Device said:

He's got a few folk pointing out his error. :thumsup2

Europe football writer knows f**k all about football.

Surprised to see Aberdeen fans rushing to point out that Madrid lost to Galatasary in 2000 in the European Super Cup if I'm honest.

30 minutes ago, RiG said:

Surprised to see Aberdeen fans rushing to point out that Madrid lost to Galatasary in 2000 in the European Super Cup if I'm honest.

Don't be silly, Aberdeen fans know only too well that the super cup is a gimmick, similar to the charity shield in England. They would never stoop so low as to class it as a serious European honour...

Rogers expected to sign a two-year extension according to the Press and Journal. Strange one, if so, especially as he is currently being omitted from the matchday squad and McInnes obviously didn't fully trust him to deputise for Lewis this season for more than a couple of games. He turned 24 earlier this year, so perhaps suggests a lack of ambition if he is willing to accept probably just being an understudy for the next couple of seasons, too. 

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can just taste the bitterness over Aberdeen's glorious European history

As a wee boy I celebrated that brilliant win over Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final, a tremendous achievement from a great side. But the super cup is a non-event, like putting winning the inter-toto cup in your major honours list.

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

As a wee boy I celebrated that brilliant win over Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final, a tremendous achievement from a great side. But the super cup is a non-event, like putting winning the inter-toto cup in your major honours list.

Bit of the jamama about you Paulo,  I no like.

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Well I suppose you're trying to make a point.  But take a moment to look at it from our perspective.

If we have a gap in our Honours list by omitting one of our two European  baubles, we might try and fix it by filling the vacated space with some nonsense such as listing appearances in semi-finals and heaven forbid, times when we came close to winning a lower league, but didn't!  Now that would be a cringeworthy minter! :(

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'll stick with what we've got.

Yours,

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

33 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Well I suppose you're trying to make a point.  But take a moment to look at it from our perspective.

If we have a gap in our Honours list by omitting one of our two European  baubles, we might try and fix it by filling the vacated space with some nonsense such as listing appearances in semi-finals and heaven forbid, times when we came close to winning a lower league, but didn't!  Now that would be a cringeworthy minter! :(

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'll stick with what we've got.

Yours,

aDONis

And the Tennents Sixes.