The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I think my least favourite Dons kits were the Team Recruitment ones under McGhee/Brown. Just synonymous in my mind with total and utter shite. 

The 2008/09 was one of my least favourite.

2008-09-aberdeen-home-shirt-m-11631-1.jp

I remember that kit feeling incredibly cheap and the velvet-like material the badge was made from just added to the cheap look and feel.  I was quite pleased when we eventually dumped Nike/JustSport.  The JustSport gear was bloody awful, I remember getting a jacket for Christmas and before New Year it was falling to bits.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

The issue isn't the strikers but it is more the wide players this season not creating chances for them. 

The Terrace podcast recently did their top 12 wingers in the Premiership and they said that in the 2016/17 season, Hayes and McGinn were the 1st and 3rd ranked players in terms of crosses.  I wonder where our players this season ranked, I'm going to guess our top player was a lot lower then 3rd thats for sure.

16 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

The 2008/09 was one of my least favourite.

2008-09-aberdeen-home-shirt-m-11631-1.jp

I remember that kit feeling incredibly cheap and the velvet-like material the badge was made from just added to the cheap look and feel.  I was quite pleased when we eventually dumped Nike/JustSport.  The JustSport gear was bloody awful, I remember getting a jacket for Christmas and before New Year it was falling to bits.

I bought that shirt. Appalling.FuckMe

Strongly disliked this one, too: Image result for aberdeen 2009-10 kit

Such a lazy design. Also synonymous with Mark Kerr, inexplicably sporting the captain's armband, giving it large to the South Stand on a freezing midweek night as he scored the opener in a dire 2-1 loss to Jimmy Calderwood's relegation-threatened Kilmarnock.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I bought that shirt. Appalling.FuckMe

Strongly disliked this one, too: Image result for aberdeen 2009-10 kit

Such a lazy design. Also synonymous with Mark Kerr, inexplicably sporting the captain's armband, giving it large to the South Stand on a freezing midweek night as he scored the opener in a dire 2-1 loss to Jimmy Calderwood's relegation-threatened Kilmarnock.

I was thinking of posting that top and the links with Mark Kerr was one of the reasons too.  I'm sure I have this one in the bottom of a drawer somewhere...

New-Aberdeen-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

As far as I can tell it was never worn in a competitive fixture. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I was thinking of posting that top and the links with Mark Kerr was one of the reasons too.  I'm sure I have this one in the bottom of a drawer somewhere...

New-Aberdeen-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

As far as I can tell it was never worn in a competitive fixture. 

Still one of my 5s regulars that top.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The squad from that 2-1 defeat against Kilmarnock: 

image.png.eac3b4eb0e90c08ca767b36b57008552.png

Grassi, Ifil, Kerr, McDonald, Young, Duff and Mackie in the same starting XI. Paton and Robertson the game-changing substitutions. Monty Chuckle

Two St Johnstone Scottish Cup winners in there, and one who's become a mainstay in our team. 

Strange old world. 

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Grassi, Ifil, Kerr, McDonald, Young, Duff and Mackie in the same starting XI. Paton and Robertson the game-changing substitutions. Monty Chuckle

I've never understood how you could play football everyday as your full-time job and have technique as bad as Jerel Ifil. The only pro I've ever watched and honestly thought 'I could do better than that.'

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've never understood how you could play football everyday as your full-time job and have technique as bad as Jerel Ifil. The only pro I've ever watched and honestly thought 'I could do better than that.'

McGhee did his best to warn us that Ifil was 'no John Terry', to be fair: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8194129.stm. A truly shocking football player.

Probably between Ifil and this bloke for the most appalling centre-back I have watched in an Aberdeen jersey: 

Image result for dave bus

21 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That has got to be the worst group of players to ever play for the Dons. We are spoiled now though, to be honest. Looking at this team which finished 4th under Calderwood, and there's only 3 players who would make it into the current 11; Mulgrew, Severin, and Aluko. Even then, Aluko was probably even less consistent then GMS, and Mulgrew would only get in because we prefer to play our best left back in midfield. Seve would be class in this squad though...

Edited by Illgresi

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

McGhee did his best to warn us that Ifil was 'no John Terry', to be fair: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8194129.stm. A truly shocking football player.

Probably between Ifil and this bloke for the most appalling centre-back I have watched in an Aberdeen jersey: 

Image result for dave bus

4-1 down against Utd in the league cup semi, 10 mins left to salvage something and Tango sends on Dave Bus.

The guy sitting next to me said “I genuinely fucking want to kill Jimmy Calderwood”.

Couldnt argue at that point.

Looking at names like Davide Grassi is making me really appreciate this team. I remember a game at Tynecastle where under no pressure whatsoever Grassi kicked the ball out for a corner, causing understandable anger from the Dons support, which led to Zander Diamond applauding the clearance as evidently he thought that was a better choice than Grassi actually having possession anywhere near the Aberdeen goal.

2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I happened to be working with some Swindon fans when the Jerel Awful transfer came about.  They thought he was great, and that he'd pyss Scottish football:wacko:  He was fans player of the year one year, and almost Swindon's captain.  He was also their longest serving player just before he left, making over 200 appearances for them!

He is my top pick for worst footballer to play a reasonable amount of games for Aberdeen.  Genuinely the only professional football player, I can recall that didn't know how to kick a football.  

Way worse than the likes of McQuilken, or Ritchie 'Roberto Carlos's Byrne, Leon Mike or Dave Bus.

JESUS FVKKIN H CHRIST HE WAS BAD.  We signed him for two years on the basis of one friendly appearance I think.  WTF!

Yours, getting angry at the thought of him.

aDONis

Did I mention how FVKKIN SHIT he was.  Davros from Dr Who had better ball skills.

Davrosimages.jpeg.8531e7e4685ad72f3cdd7f96bfa6aa0e.jpeg

Ifil 5afb63193d65e_images(1).jpeg.feee7afceb3678d497aa972d67e9e9ef.jpeg

Edited by aDONisSheep

oi these are my teenage idols you're bashing here!

Severin, Miller, Mackie, Young and Diamond were some of my favourite players. Lee Miller especially, what a guy. If there was an award for Most Free Kicks Won per 90 mins....

I can't find a single Lee Miller goal for Aberdeen on youtube. For shame.

18 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

oi these are my teenage idols you're bashing here!

Severin, Miller, Mackie, Young and Diamond were some of my favourite players. Lee Miller especially, what a guy. If there was an award for Most Free Kicks Won per 90 mins....

I can't find a single Lee Miller goal for Aberdeen on youtube. For shame.