The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

It is difficult to know too much about how he will fit in, but I’m feeling fairly positive about this signing.  

He is a good age and, whilst you can’t place too much weight on social media contributions, most of the testimonials I have read from Peterborough fans have been at least partly positive. Going purely by what I have read elsewhere, he also has the versatility to play a few roles within midfield, which will undoubtedly have appealed to McInnes.

I have read one or two comments suggesting that he might be lacking in more physical contests or that he goes missing when he isn't given enough time and space to dictate play, which is perhaps a concern regarding how quickly he will acclimatise to Scottish football. 

Anyway, he seems to have plateaued over the past eighteen or so months, so hopefully a change of scenery will give him the impetus to kick on with us.

4 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I have read one or two comments suggesting that he might be lacking in more physical contests or that he goes missing when he isn't given enough time and space to dictate play, which is perhaps a concern regarding how quickly he will acclimatise to Scottish football. 

Fairly sure our league is a little more technical and less physical than League One. So I'd imagine it will suit, unless he's one to go missing after a couple of kicks to the shin.

25YO on a 3yr deal that we may have even paid a fee for, been a long while since we've had one of those.

28 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Fairly sure our league is a little more technical and less physical than League One. So I'd imagine it will suit, unless he's one to go missing after a couple of kicks to the shin.

25YO on a 3yr deal that we may have even paid a fee for, been a long while since we've had one of those.

Didn’t we pay a fee for GMS and only got him on a two year deal?

On 04/06/2018 at 16:49, weejoeharper said:

No player in Scottish football history has gone for anything close to £900,000.  Ever! How magic are his feet? I'd say let him stay at Hamilton and we'll get him for nothing in 12 months. HeHe!

Total nonsense.

Celtic reportedly paid more than that for Hendry, £1.2 million. They paid over £2m for GMS and Armstrong too.

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Total nonsense.

Celtic reportedly paid more than that for Hendry, £1.2 million. They paid over £2m for GMS and Armstrong too.

He's talking about youth players leaving at the end of their contract and the club's getting compensation.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Total nonsense.

As Rodhull said I was talking about youth players obviously. Hendry signed for Celtic at the age of 23. GMS was 24 when he signed for Celtic for £250,000 after more than 100 professional games. Armstrong was 23 and had played over 125 games for Dundee Utd, not sure of the fee. So all were a lot older, had played many more games than the Hamilton lad and their clubs had more invested in them. They were not youth players who had been with the club for four years and had played under 15 times for the first team.  Tally ho! 8)

I'd be shocked if the Ferguson deal is anything other than £125k ish.

I'd assume the clubs will agree when it gets close to a tribunal something like the above, a large sell on clause and maybe sums when/if he plays 100,200 games etc