The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

In one of Boyd’s anti-Shinnie diatribes, he mentioned that Paul Coutts was a much better player and should be in the Scotland squad ahead of him!

Presumably he’s already minted, so maybe a couple of years at his hometown club is a good shout.

McInnes mentioned tonight at an event that 3 players from the 8 new ones required likely to be secured within next week or so, including “captain material”.

Maybe putting two and two together and getting five, but this seems plausible.

Shaughnessy could be the captain material comment?

Imagine it would be, if only because we’ve confirmed interest in him and I’m not sure we’d have the foresight to move that quickly for Coutts if he’s only been freed in the last day or so.

A bit meh but wouldn’t be horrified. Cover for right back too I guess.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, d31 said:

Shaughnessy could be the captain material comment?

Hard to believe that he would re-sign a player he let go only 4 years ago, and call him 'captain material'.

I agree but I'd think his comment was more likely referencing him than the dons signing Fletcher, Adam or Coutts before the end of the season

Of course he could have been speaking absolute tripe

Other tit bits from last night:

There will be loans again - there is a budget to stick to and some loans allow that to go a bit further

Club will be making a huge PR exercise across news, social media etc on Wednesday

Shinnie and GMS fit for Hibs

GMS likely to go to MLS

Ethan Ross to be a first team starter next season

Captain could be Logan, Lewis, McKenna or a couple of the new players also

7-8 players to be signed this summer

2-3 players to be signed in the next two weeks

Lots of other teams were interested in Joe Lewis so the deal has had to be structured in a way that was acceptable to all parties

so from that I'd guess 

are we gonna sign someone on Wednesday or maybe the strip will be released?

Ferguson and Devlin not in running for captain? 

Ethan Ross comment is interesting. maybe not jump ahead of McLennan. but sounds like ahead of wright or F ross

Joe Lewis probably got a release clause by sounds of it

11 minutes ago, d31 said:

so from that I'd guess 

are we gonna sign someone on Wednesday or maybe the strip will be released?

Ferguson and Devlin not in running for captain? 

Ethan Ross comment is interesting. maybe not jump ahead of McLennan. but sounds like ahead of wright or F ross

Joe Lewis probably got a release clause by sounds of it

Hiya Tord.

Mckay  stevens  looking for a nice send off ..  only if the sun is shining  mind you.  bye forgot about you already .

Regards  pr exercise  on wednesday i would imagine it be about   us  too give more cash rather than we are in this together .

I  have renewed  season  ticket but dna  not happening .   they need pull off some  decent   signings to even get  my  moaning b*****d mates to even think of renewing there season tickets 

nevermind dna.    

Over to  you derek and stewarty  .     incoming dominic ball  5 year deal . 

5 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Mckay  stevens  looking for a nice send off ..  only if the sun is shining  mind you.  bye forgot about you already .

Regards  pr exercise  on wednesday i would imagine it be about   us  too give more cash rather than we are in this together .

I  have renewed  season  ticket but dna  not happening .   they need pull off some  decent   signings to even get  my  moaning b*****d mates to even think of renewing there season tickets 

nevermind dna.    

Was wondering if PR exercise is regarding naming rights for stadium/training ground. Surely not just a new strip which is normally unveiled at the POTY awards (Thursday night).

Could also be the rumoured link up with Atlanta United.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was wondering if PR exercise is regarding naming rights for stadium/training ground. Surely not just a new strip which is normally unveiled at the POTY awards (Thursday night).

Could also be the rumoured link up with Atlanta United.

Never knew about the Atlanta link up ?.    aye sounds right what you are saying  regards naming rights could well be 

but  quality signings  is all we want to hear and see .. i  can understand this relentless push for funds and publicity for staduim  but board and derek  need to 

give us more back  with decent  recruitment  or next season could be painful.  

1 minute ago, logie skid boys said:

Never knew about the Atlanta link up ?.    aye sounds right what you are saying  regards naming rights could well be 

but  quality signings  is all we want to hear and see .. i  can understand this relentless push for funds and publicity for staduim  but board and derek  need to 

give us more back  with decent  recruitment  or next season could be painful.  

The Atlanta thing was rumoured a while back. Not long after Bocanegra was at Pittodrie. Seemed to be kept quiet then they casually threw his name in when talking about the new stadium facilities that he was impressed blah blah.

Can't see any reason why he'd come to Pittodrie at all although with Cormack being based over there when he was in the states I guess he could be visiting a pal.

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

nevermind dna.    

Mackay-Steven's two year deal ended up being a stop-start and underwhelming - whether that was his attitude or the bigot brother inflicted injuries - but it would be nice if he'd hung around and given us a proper season.  Still the MLS must be tempting, but the manager still seems to feel it's beneath him.  He tends to do well at Easter Road though, so not worst place to sign off.

Interesting on the DNA comments and on STs - I am blindly institutionalised, so will renew both with no arguments.   Then  I look at comparisons with, for example, the Edinburgh clubs.  It hasn't always been the case, but they seem to put less conditions on renewing than many of our fans.

You'd think we were relegation candidates when you read some folks - not so much here, but one or two of the social media sites.

Edited by tarapoa

Guest Bob Mahelp

I see that Tommy Hoban wants to join us permanently. 

I can see him being the 'like a new signing' signing. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Mackay-Steven's two year deal ended up being a stop-start and underwhelming - whether that was his attitude or the bigot brother inflicted injuries - but it would be nice if he'd hung around and given us a proper season. 

I don't think it was GMS's fault that this season was 'stop-start' (mainly stop). Two pretty bad injuries put paid to his involvement almost from the beginning of December onwards.

His time at Pittodrie should be looked upon as a success. We took a bit-part player at Celtic who was low on confidence and turned him into a Scotland international.

If he could have played against Hibs every week he would have been world player of the year.

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Isn't he still out for a long time though? Can't see them chancing on him as a summer signing without at least letting him get back from his current injury surely.

McInnes had said there would definitely be a place for him if he was fit. Recently the chat has simmered down to "he should concentrate on getting fit and then we'll look at it".

Great player when he was available.