The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Mackay-Steven's two year deal ended up being a stop-start and underwhelming - whether that was his attitude or the bigot brother inflicted injuries - but it would be nice if he'd hung around and given us a proper season.  Still the MLS must be tempting, but the manager still seems to feel it's beneath him.  He tends to do well at Easter Road though, so not worst place to sign off.

Interesting on the DNA comments and on STs - I am blindly institutionalised, so will renew both with no arguments.   Then  I look at comparisons with, for example, the Edinburgh clubs.  It hasn't always been the case, but they seem to put less conditions on renewing than many of our fans.

You'd think we were relegation candidates when you read some folks - not so much here, but one or two of the social media sites.

We  lose more fans after few losses than others  always been   like that      and they will be the ones not  re newing or holding off to see some evidence  of better recruitment .  

For  our so called bad season we will probably finish 3rd and have been to a  cup final.  few years ago we be dancing in tillydrone to that.

But we have moved on and expect more ,   and there is  nothing wrong with that.

Regards mckay stevens , he should only play if he is staying   no point  if he isnt     and certainly does not deserve   a send off he probaly thinks he should get..  Give Ross a run out easter road he will be our player next season. .

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Regards mckay stevens , he should only play if he is staying   no point  if he isnt     and certainly does not deserve   a send off he probaly thinks he should get..  Give Ross a run out easter road he will be our player next season. .

If their isn't much on the game then I would agree not to play GMS, but if we still have a chance to qualify for Europe then imho we should play our strongest team weather players are leaving or not. 

I would also say that GMS was my player of the season until his injury in December.   

Edited by betting competition

Curtis Main would definitely be a 'wait until we sign at least a couple of players the fans will be happy about before announcing quietly when noone will notice' kind of signing. 

Surely he would have to be a last resort though?

would be happy enough with Curtis Main

we are planning to sign two strikers this summer so obviously speaking to a few... Safranko, Magennis and Wilson not completely ruled out

curtis main year ago  i might have said aye     . but speaking mwell fans hes been rank this season.  rather give our lad Anderson  decent run before

signings like him.    another striker that does not score goals oh marvellous.  .  got feeling Cosgrove and May both going , May out on loan and Cosgrove to Millwall.

they had guy fae there  watching him  again last week.

curtis main year ago  i might have said aye     . but speaking mwell fans hes been rank this season.  rather give our lad Anderson  decent run before
signings like him.    another striker that does not score goals oh marvellous.  .  got feeling Cosgrove and May both going , May out on loan and Cosgrove to Millwall.
they had guy fae there  watching him  again last week.

Anderson isn’t a lone striker so it’d mean a change of system, and he’d be hung out to try if we create so little next season too.

9 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Anderson isn’t a lone striker so it’d mean a change of system, and he’d be hung out to try if we create so little next season too.

In fairness Main isn't a lone striker either. He's made a go of it but it's really just amounted to him running around being "physical". His best form with us was when he had Ciftci or Bowman playing alongside him and Tanner as a #10 off a front pair.

Edited by capt_oats

Curtis Main would make absolutely no sense if we were keeping hold of Cosgrove. I could understand it as a "Plan C off the bench to shake things up, cheap as chips, third choice striker" kind of striker. 

But his season with Motherwell this year has shown that last season was the exception to the rule. He doesn't score. 

Totally agree, Cosgrove is really a carthorse and his goals tally this season flatters him hugely.  Also a lot of penalties.

6ft 3, 20 goals this season, good in air and mobile on a long term contract. The style of football we play with him in the team makes your eyes bleed, but another season with 20 goals and you have another very valuable commodity on our hands

6ft 3, 20 goals this season, good in air and mobile on a long term contract. The style of football we play with him in the team makes your eyes bleed, but another season with 20 goals and you have another very valuable commodity on our hands

I thought we turned our noses up at Stockley too easily. He did ok for us (elbows aside), was more use than Rooney away from home, and we let him continue developing elsewhere - I wouldn’t like us to make the same mistake with Cosgrove.

45 minutes ago, scottorae said:

That's my point I don't see another 20 goal season, he's gash really imo.  Clumsy, slow and extremely limited.