The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Any money you lot will be back to your usual pishy selves this season

Recall some seething Sevconians saying that last season.

Didn't quite pan out that way but at least you lot get a heroic fourth attempt at the Challenge Cup :lol:

Whats Aberdeens fans realistic hopes this season?

Genuine title tilt and/or win a cup?

Make Europa Lge group phase?

Shinnie will be an excellent addition and by all accounts the keeper from Liverpool is a talent although the proof is only realised on performances I felt, goalkeeper has been the only real weakness/achilles heel the last couple of seasons under McInnes

Why on Earth are Aberdeen not using Shinnie at left back? He seemed to be central today, and was completely pointless, before finally being put at left back

Shinnie will be an excellent addition and by all accounts the keeper from Liverpool is a talent although the proof is only realised on performances I felt, goalkeeper has been the only real weakness/achilles heel the last couple of seasons under McInnes

No chance of a title tilt especially if we do well in europe. Group stages would be massive for us but with the amount of qualifying games it is a long shot. Decent depth in the squad now though so you never know..........

Improvement. Cup win and push you a little closer. At least take some points off you. If we're as dominant against the other clubs and pick up a win or two against yous I'll be happy.

In Europe I'd like to get past Rijeka. Then we'll see who we get and take it from there. There's so many variables and good teams we could be drawn against that setting any definite targets could be scuppered by drawing Fiorentina or someone. Groups would be immense though.

The flip side of Europe of course is were we to make the CL group stages we could drop some league points and were Aberdeen to manage a win or two against us that would certainly make things interesting.

All levity aside I reckon we will win league by about five points from Aberdeen with Hearts in third.

Inverness have lost most of their talented players that served them so well last season and may well struggle

Any money you lot will be back to your usual pishy selves this season

I realise you are new here, unless you are an AWRA alias but the way it works is your club play in the Championship, the second tier, therefore you post in there.

Good luck with your Petrofac Cup campaign, will be interesting to see if you manage to lift that before Hibs end their Scottish Cup jinx.

Now jog on

All depends on the Euro games, with a bit of luck and a good wind, we could end up in the group stages. Otherwise, a cup + closing the gap would be sound. Continued improvement will be the official party line.

I reckon there's at least one stellar signing to come in before September, maybe another if we navigate QR3 in Europa.

Chuffed with what we have so far though, especially when you consider MacLean has still to show up for us, which i'm hopeful of after his bedding in period.

Edited by Milnzo

Why on Earth are Aberdeen not using Shinnie at left back? He seemed to be central today, and was completely pointless, before finally being put at left back

I was speaking to an Aberdeen fan recently who seemed to think that Shinnie would be deployed as a sitting midfielder. Not sure if that's been the chat in Aberdeen circles but would certainly be surprising given his capability at left back.

I was speaking to an Aberdeen fan recently who seemed to think that Shinnie would be deployed as a sitting midfielder. Not sure if that's been the chat in Aberdeen circles but would certainly be surprising given his capability at left back.

It seems a complete and utter waste tbh

Going by last season McInnes pretty much went for the team of the previous season for the first european games before introducing the new signings gradually.

Assuming he does the same again he may well ease Shinnie into things in midfield.

However he is number 3 so will be reverting to left back before too long.

Hopefully the keeper is the business as a goalie mistake was the difference in both domestic cup defeats last season when in close matches there was little margin for error.

As always its one game at a time and we'll see from there. Tbh Europa wise i'd be happy with going one round further than last year - I think the group stages would end our hopes of any domestic success. Ironic though we'd make far more money in the group stages than we would winning any of the domestic competitions.

Ease your left back into the team by playing him in midfield!?

This. McInnes is the only person on the planet who'd play Considine at left back ahead of Shinnie

I think we'll play a 5-3-2 this season with Shinnie and Logan being deployed as wing backs.

Reynolds/Considine/Taylor in the middle.

Midfield of Hayes, Jack and McLean.

Rooney and McGinn up top.

Edited by Guest

I'm sure we'll see on Thursday.

We've only had two pre-season games to get up to speed so its natural to put faith in majority of the team from last year.

I'd like to see us change the keeper first and foremost

It's a shame for Considine as he's completely and successfully remoulded his way of playing to fit what the team needs. For him to get dumped after this is very harsh.

However sometimes you have to be ruthless and there's no doubt that Shinnie is a better player. Perhaps it'll improve Considine's capability at centre half, or indeed as a sitting midfielder, in the Ross Draper big bruiser mould? Might be worth a try.