The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, Merkland Red said:

This c***s at it 😂

Screenshot_20200205-224406.png

Take some responsibility you bearded c*nt. 

Several bad performances with the same style of play/tactics is reflective of poor management, not poor players.

I hope Cormack has the balls to sack him. We need a change, badly. 

5 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Take some responsibility you bearded c*nt. 

Several bad performances with the same style of play/tactics is reflective of poor management, not poor players.

I hope Cormack has the balls to sack him. We need a change, badly. 

Aye. We set up and play the same way every game.

Amazingly optimistic. I believe we'll win 2-0 on Saturday. We'll set up with two up front and have a go at them. I actually believe tonights result was a blessing in disguise. The players will want to bounce back and prove that McInnes is the right man for the job. We'll go on to finish third. Motherwell have been atrocious themselves of late (apart from their brilliant win against us recently).

You will travel a fair distance to find a more optimistic, upbeat, glass-half-full, happiest of happy clappers than me, but even I am tearing what’s left of my hair out at these recent performances, particularly the home ones. I know the usual line is that it’s been turgid for the last 18 months (it’s always 18 months) but really the past two/three months have been so predictable. We can’t play against teams that set out to defend and our best recent displays have been against Rangers home and away. We made more and better chances on Saturday than last night and that can’t continue. We seem incapable of upping the pace of a game. Up until one minute into injury time last night there seemed to be no urgency. We’re losing 1.0 in a game we should win, and there they were knocking the ball about sideways at the back. To be fair to Derek McInnes, I watched him at that time  and he was going doolally at the team. There is a distinct lack of confidence coming forward and that must change on Saturday. There is no way that I want rid of Derek McInnes, but if this stuff continues, and season tickets come up for sale for next season, I can only see Dave Cormack doing one thing.  The team have shown in spells that they are a good football team this season, but not often enough. This is definitely a case of a set of decent individuals coming up short as a team. 

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You will travel a fair distance to find a more optimistic, upbeat, glass-half-full, happiest of happy clappers than me, but even I am tearing what’s left of my hair out at these recent performances, particularly the home ones. I know the usual line is that it’s been turgid for the last 18 months (it’s always 18 months) but really the past two/three months have been so predictable. We can’t play against teams that set out to defend and our best recent displays have been against Rangers home and away. We made more and better chances on Saturday than last night and that can’t continue. We seem incapable of upping the pace of a game. Up until one minute into injury time last night there seemed to be no urgency. We’re losing 1.0 in a game we should win, and there they were knocking the ball about sideways at the back. To be fair to Derek McInnes, I watched him at that time  and he was going doolally at the team. There is a distinct lack of confidence coming forward and that must change on Saturday. There is no way that I want rid of Derek McInnes, but if this stuff continues, and season tickets come up for sale for next season, I can only see Dave Cormack doing one thing.  The team have shown in spells that they are a good football team this season, but not often enough. This is definitely a case of a set of decent individuals coming up short as a team. 

My biggest irritation is the lack of pace/intensity to the play. I can forgive a lack of accuracy in a final pass or a lack of guile but the speed of our possession/build up play/transition into attack is painful. You wouldn't believe we were chasing a game watching it.

This tbf has been all season, it was my overriding feeling at St Mirren near the start of the season and Dundee away in the cup. 

I wouldn't absolve Derek of responsibility but I can't for the life of me believe he's told the team to play at such a laboured pace throughout 90 minutes.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My biggest irritation is the lack of pace/intensity to the play. I can forgive a lack of accuracy in a final pass or a lack of guile but the speed of our possession/build up play/transition into attack is painful. You wouldn't believe we were chasing a game watching it.

This tbf has been all season, it was my overriding feeling at St Mirren near the start of the season and Dundee away in the cup. 

I wouldn't absolve Derek of responsibility but I can't for the life of me believe he's told the team to play at such a laboured pace throughout 90 minutes.

It's lack of confidence, nothing else.

The team we put out last night was filled with decent players. They've got to the point though where they're scared to take a risk, have a shot, beat a player etc. , so we end up passing it sideways time and time again until (insert name of opposition) have got 11 men behind the ball, are comfortably in shape, and are just waiting for us to give it away in midfield.

I counted 3 opportunities last night before St Johnstone even scored where we had the chance to get a shot off from the edge of the box, but we didn't take it and ended up giving the ball away cheaply. 

The players are all looking at each other for someone to take responsibility, and it's just not happening.  I think it's been a massive mistake making a quiet spoken goalkeeper team captain, when we desperately need someone like Shinnie inspiring the team from the middle of the park.

These things happen in football from time to time. I'm not in the McInnes out camp, but it's time for him to start earning his high salary.

I still think we'll win on Saturday. 

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

As soon as the goalkeeper or defenders pick up the ball, our players run to their designated spot on the pitch. Then we either go long immediately or pass the ball about between four defenders and two deep cm's before placing ourselves under pressure and going long. It's been happening the whole season.

Once the opposition are confident they can hold on to the point or 3 they look like achieving they drop everyone back and then we continue to pass the ball around the defence.

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The team we put out last night was filled with decent players. They've got to the point though where they're scared to take a risk, have a shot, beat a player etc. , so we end up passing it sideways time and time again until (insert name of opposition) have got 11 men behind the ball, are comfortably in shape, and are just waiting for us to give it away in midfield.

I counted 3 opportunities last night before St Johnstone even scored where we had the chance to get a shot off from the edge of the box, but we didn't take it and ended up giving the ball away cheaply. 

The players are all looking at each other for someone to take responsibility, and it's just not happening.  I think it's been a massive mistake making a quiet spoken goalkeeper team captain, when we desperately need someone like Shinnie inspiring the team from the middle of the park.

These things happen in football from time to time. I'm not in the McInnes out camp, but it's time for him to start earning his high salary.

Havers. We won the league cup with a quiet spoken centre half as captain. Reached two finals and finished second with Jack (hardly an inspiring character) as captain. 

What we miss from Shinnie is his drive and energy. He didn't need a captains armband for that.

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Agree on confidence and lack of responsibility but wouldn't put that on Lewis.

Shinnie, Hayes, Flood, Robson, Mclean at his best, Logan of old even maybe. These guys took the game by the neck when Pittodrie is a morgue and we were up against a stuffy team looking to kill it. Ferguson/Kennedy look like they might have that but not doing it just now.

I am not Mcinnes out either, it has to be said.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree on confidence and lack of responsibility but wouldn't put that on Lewis.

Shinnie, Hayes, Flood, Robson, Mclean at his best, Logan of old even maybe. These guys took the game by the neck when Pittodrie is a morgue and we were up against a stuffy team looking to kill it. Ferguson/Kennedy look like they might have that but not doing it just now.

I am not Mcinnes out either, it has to be said.

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Havers. We won the league cup with a quiet spoken centre half as captain. Reached two finals and finished second with Jack (hardly an inspiring character) as captain. 

What we miss from Shinnie is his drive and energy. He didn't need a captains armband for that.

We've still not replaced him. Jack is a h*n c**t but people use that to gloss over how good a player he actually was for us. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Anderson was a centre half, and Jack a midfielder. Lewis can hardly have any influence on the team from his place in the penalty box. I'm not a fan of having keepers as the team captain, and certainly not one as quiet as Lewis. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

. Ferguson/Kennedy look like they might have that but not doing it just now.

Ferguson has went completely off the boil since the break.  He looks lost in midfield, unsure whether to hang back or push into the box.