The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Thanks for the update.

Any news on Cerny signing an extension? I'm hoping he stays and would be disappointed if he did sign for St Mirren.

Cerny is staying. Looks like a 1 year extension. 

St Mirren have already signed someone from The Rangers as their first team goalie.

Cerny was offered a contract but he had already verbally agreed to sign on for Aberdeen. Will be announced very soon.

Be patient. Tuesday next week is what I have been told. 

3 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Cerny is staying. Looks like a 1 year extension. 

St Mirren have already signed someone from The Rangers as their first team goalie.

Cerny was offered a contract but he had already verbally agreed to sign on for Aberdeen. Will be announced very soon.

Be patient. Tuesday next week is what I have been told. 

Your comments seem to be accepted without question; however, I can't help thinking you're talking a lot of pish. At the end of last week St Mirren were coming in for Cerny, but today they announce the signing of Alnwick and suddenly Cerny is signing again. 

So let's get it straight here what you're saying :

McKenna is leaving for £4.5 million or more? 

Is Ferguson staying or leaving? You've suggested both

Logan is leaving? 

Hedges is staying? 

Wright and Anderson are going on loan and then leaving for good? 

McLennan is going on loan? 

And how do you know McInnes preferred first XI? 

And how does this board member know who West Brom are after? 

I suppose if you say enough possible outcomes with permutations then something should fall correct eventually. 

I think you've as much insider info as me, which is sweet F. A... 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Your comments seem to be accepted without question; however, I can't help thinking you're talking a lot of pish. At the end of last week St Mirren were coming in for Cerny, but today they announce the signing of Alnwick and suddenly Cerny is signing again. 

Logan is leaving? 

Hedges is staying? 

I suppose if you say enough possible outcomes with permutations then something should fall correct eventually. 

Aye. Seems to be the Hayes signing (that was reported as likely everywhere) was seen as this lad being in the know.

5 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Logan is leaving? 

Hedges is staying? 

Mckenna is leaving for 4 million plus. Ferguson and Cosgrove are staying as a result of the sale of McKenna. Club believe they can get good money for them next summer. Logan has interest from England league 1 and 2 clubs.

Hedges will remain for now. McLennan, Anderson and Wright have been offered to clubs on loan. McInnes is in regular contact with some of the coaching staff at West Brom (Kevin Phillips being one). 

As the board member told me, things change all the time (daily) with potential transfers. Will see if I'm actually in the know or not hopefully this week.

Bit late but I just read the 'football philosophy' document.

Call me a cynic but whilst there were some nice things in there, I'd be expecting we were doing most of it anyway.

Just felt like an extended advert for DNA and ST's. 

I've been really impressed with Cormack and the club through this but that document, marketed as some sort of game changing document, missed the mark for me quite considerably.

15 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Logan is leaving? 

Hedges is staying? 

Will give most people the benefit of the doubt until they're proved wrong.  Although I'm not sure what anyone would gain from pretending to be an oracle on an anonymous forum.

22 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Aberdeen are not looking at him. A rumour most likely started by his agent to generate interest.

He is being considered by West Brom to participate in the EPL next season. There are a host of Championship sides + Sunderland all after him.

Cosgrove is staying as is Main. Ruth is the only new face we will see at Pittodrie up front.

This will all change IF we sell McKenna for a decent fee.

Even if this guy doesn't know what he is talking about, he certainly comes across as if he does! :)

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

1 minute ago, d31 said:

Would be happy with that if the money was right

Agreed, Hoban could also cover at RB if Logan is to leave. He'd need to be on some kind of fitness based contract. I.e a relatively low base wage which is made up by being available for selection fitness wise and further appearance based bonuses.

Hoban clearly has plenty of ability to play for us (probably at a higher level tbh) but his fitness record terrifies me.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Bit late but I just read the 'football philosophy' document.

Call me a cynic but whilst there were some nice things in there, I'd be expecting we were doing most of it anyway.

Just felt like an extended advert for DNA and ST's. 

I've been really impressed with Cormack and the club through this but that document, marketed as some sort of game changing document, missed the mark for me quite considerably.

Yeah. It's a sly way of saying we have nae money.

The problem with enforcing a philosophy like this is you are one poor managerial appointment away from throwing it out the window.

1 hour ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Agreed, Hoban could also cover at RB if Logan is to leave. He'd need to be on some kind of fitness based contract. I.e a relatively low base wage which is made up by being available for selection fitness wise and further appearance based bonuses.

Hoban clearly has plenty of ability to play for us (probably at a higher level tbh) but his fitness record terrifies me.

It's the old chiche but if Hoban could stay injury free he'd be nowhere near Scottish football.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's the old chiche but if Hoban could stay injury free he'd be nowhere near Scottish football.

Clichéd but correct, if McKenna goes and Hoban signs then that would be a pretty sizeable upgrade in terms of ability (particularly when on the ball). The keeping him fit side could be a massive problem though. But as you say, he would be nowhere near us if he hadn't been made of paper in his career so far.

1 hour ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

I read somewhere that the wage cuts that Aberdeen players were asked about whilst there are no crowds was appearance and bonus money.

I guess there could be an exception for Hobban based on his previous time here

51 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

Clichéd but correct, if McKenna goes and Hoban signs then that would be a pretty sizeable upgrade in terms of ability (particularly when on the ball). The keeping him fit side could be a massive problem though. But as you say, he would be nowhere near us if he hadn't been made of paper in his career so far.

Yes, what worries me if Hoban does sign, is whether the Snake will be asked to renew his blood oath to Rangers* by wiping out Hoban in the same way he did to May.