Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Good to see QP getting 300k - after United refused to pay them the 15k development fee previously.

#justiceforqueenspark

United didn't pay money they WEREN'T due to pay to Queens Park.

Dundee didn't pay money they WERE due to pay to creditors. Twice.

The idea of your hashtag can best be described thus:

(I used this version for the benefit of the Slovenian Arabs).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rankin and Paton did their job relatively quietly and effectively which was good to see.

The central midfield is the heartbeat of any team, and the fact there was no urgency or movement in the team does not suggest they were doing their job effectively. Quietly yes.

Telfer made a huge difference when he came on, simply by demanding the ball, moving it on quickly and providing an option again. Funnily enough, it was the exact same job Gomis used to do very well in his first spell.

Looked really comfortable on the ball, however lacking a killer pass. I thought Harris looked excellent for the hour or so he played.

Seems like Stubbs wants to play a passing and possession style.

Hibs looked the better team until the changes then we came into it more and you seemed to struggle against our smaller technical players. Some bomb scare defending after the changes.

Cheers always good to see the other teams fans views on things.

The central midfield is the heartbeat of any team, and the fact there was no urgency or movement in the team does not suggest they were doing their job effectively. Quietly yes.

Telfer made a huge difference when he came on, simply by demanding the ball, moving it on quickly and providing an option again. Funnily enough, it was the exact same job Gomis used to do very well in his first spell.

Give it a fucking rest about Gomis already.

Rankin and Paton did good work yesterday in terms of breaking up play but the lack of movement and urgency in the team was down to our attackers as Dow had a poor game, Bilate is lacking in fitness, Ciftci looked like he couldn't be arsed and Armstrong wasn't at his best either. Too often we won the ball in midfield yesterday and the attackers weren't making themselves available for passes often enough or moving into spaces for the right kind of pass.

I'm with Arab Fc. Thought they were pretty poor. Paton made a few nice slide tackles, but him and Rankin always seemed to be too high up or too deep. Never available for a pass.

Telfer was completely different. We played better stuff when he was on because he was always available and kept it ticking.

Give it a fucking rest about Gomis already.

Rankin and Paton did good work yesterday in terms of breaking up play but the lack of movement and urgency in the team was down to our attackers as Dow had a poor game, Bilate is lacking in fitness, Ciftci looked like he couldn't be arsed and Armstrong wasn't at his best either. Too often we won the ball in midfield yesterday and the attackers weren't making themselves available for passes often enough or moving into spaces for the right kind of pass.

If thats how you think it works, I can see why you think Paton is great. Too often last season our midfield two were second best, and yesterday they were second best to a championship level Hibs midfield.

Why did Armstrong and Ciftci constantly keep dropping almost back to our own penalty box, to collect the ball?

Telfer made a huge difference, even you must have noticed that.

The idea of your hashtag can best be described thus:

(I used this version for the benefit of the Slovenian Arabs).

I bet that joke translates like a haddock in a cheese grater.

If thats how you think it works, I can see why you think Paton is great. Too often last season our midfield two were second best, and yesterday they were second best to a championship level Hibs midfield.

Why did Armstrong and Ciftci constantly keep dropping almost back to our own penalty box, to collect the ball?

Telfer made a huge difference, even you must have noticed that.

I did notice Telfer's impact. I said in my other post that I thought Telfer's introduction along with Connolly really livened us up. Some of the passes he made were superb and unlike Paton is comfortable on the ball and can press forward with it. The option of him playing there rather than a bit further up the pitch offers us another alternative for the team when we're chasing a game other than take Paton off, put another striker on and punt it at him as we saw happen a few times last season, particularly in the final.

I don't remember Ciftci doing much dropping back yesterday, as I said I thought he looked like he couldn't be bothered. Armstrong admittedly seemed frustrated and was dropping back though so he presumably felt he wasn't getting good enough service.

I don't think it was a vintage performance from Rankin or Paton but I certainly didn't come away from Easter Road thinking they had played poorly.

I was surprised with that figure myself. Fenerbahce are in the UK at the moment, it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Any sources for this?

Quick Google search gave me this.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6220

Looks like it would be dependent on a couple of their strikers who have been linked with moves leaving.

Ciftci's still got a couple of years left on his contract, so I'd be holding out for more than £800k anyway, particularly with the amount we've managed to take in already.

Archived