Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I'm saying is Holt's who I buy to replace Armstrong on FM... and have done for about three seasons now. :lol:

No idea if hes any good, but he's had "potential" for a few year. Can't get a game before Jimmy or Prince though.

All I'm saying is Holt's who I buy to replace Armstrong on FM... and have done for about three seasons now. :lol:

No idea if hes any good, but he's had "potential" for a few year. Can't get a game before Jimmy or Prince though.

I done the exact same last season when i done a save with your lot.

Apparently his agent has had his head turned when he had an offer from Forrest last season.

Aye, based on any time I've had him on FM, I'd have him in a heartbeat. :P

Well aye, but I'm sure a development fee will have to be handed out by any possible suitors.

If Hearts are happy for the lad to go they may accept a fee that is less than the one that would be due under the agreed formula.

Medals, Money and Europe but again if your good enough and ambitious enough you can manage these things down south tbh ;)

My view of it is celtic are on the decline europe wise. Their finances are not what they were and the standards of players has slowly decreased over the last few seasons. They dont have many "sellable" assets. Van dijk is obviously one who will rake in a few million. They will find it harder to do well in the champions league. I guess players could be tempted playing in the europa league, especially when they see them playing Inter. But that loses its appeal, especially when there is no challenge domestically. Money talks I guess. Would have thoight Armstrong would have had better options than celtic

Hopefully we can tell them hands off get him in the team and then after a couple of seasons get him moved on similar to Gauld then ;)

Doubt it, he's been training at Carrington on and off. Seems he's got huge potential. Came through the St John's academy setup I think.

Don't mean to intrude on a thread for Dundee Utd fans but I was excited about the rumours of Armstrong coming to Celtic and had a look on here. Have to say I think those who are saying he wouldn't be interested in a move to Celtic are indulging in a bit of wishful thinking. Armstrong looks a cracking player and I'd be delighted if we signed him because I think he is capable of following in the footsteps of McCarthy and Fletcher, but if Celtic thought he was holding out for a move to the Premiership I don't think we would be interested.

Without even considering the financial implications of a move, he would be moving to a massive club (albeit with a half empty stadium), winning trophies, playing in Europe and from next season onwards playing in Old Firm games (probably...well, maybe).

If there's any substance to the speculation about Armstrong going for £2.5m, we should bite their hand off IMO. That kind of money for a player who will be in the last year of his contract when the next window comes around can't be turned down.

I'd be very surprised if Celtic paid that much for him though - those kinds of fees are reserved for complete gambles in the foreign transfer markets. I suspect this figure (if anyone has actually said it) is just to put them off a cheeky 800k bid.

Archived