Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Warm diarhoea? lol

Interesting how people dismiss Hearts achievements by the way. Remember how much we struggled after we were relegated, and we spent a shit load of money.

I'm not dismissing Hearts' achievements. I'm dismissing your ridiculous claim that Gomis and Bauben being 'phenomenal' a level below Rankin and Paton is proof that the former are better players than the latter.

Which is nonsense, obviously.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm diarhoea? lol

Interesting how people dismiss Hearts achievements by the way. Remember how much we struggled after we were relegated, and we spent a shit load of money.

Noone is dismissing Hearts' achievements. The topic is the relative merits of c.2014/15 Gomis and Buaben - why the first could barely get a game for United behind plodders like Rankin and Paton, the second fail to shine at Partick.

Noone is dismissing Hearts' achievements. The topic is the relative merits of c.2014/15 Gomis and Buaben - why the first could barely get a game for United behind plodders like Rankin and Paton, the second fail to shine at Partick.

Gomis couldn't get a game for us. Neither could Erskine, who is one of our best players this season. Butcher was out the door, but now he has displaced Rankin and Paton. Goodwillie was poor but now he is one of Aberdeen's key players.

We'll maybe see next season, what their relative merits are. I'd suggest if we played Hearts right now, they'd have a very good chance of winning.

If you all still believe that Rankin/Paton is a better pairing than Gomis/Buaben, thats your right. I disagree with it mind, and me saying so is not 'warm diarhoea'.

Gomis couldn't get a game for us. Neither could Erskine, who is one of our best players this season. Butcher was out the door, but now he has displaced Rankin and Paton. Goodwillie was poor but now he is one of Aberdeen's key players.

We'll maybe see next season, what their relative merits are. I'd suggest if we played Hearts right now, they'd have a very good chance of winning.

If you all still believe that Rankin/Paton is a better pairing than Gomis/Buaben, thats your right. I disagree with it mind, and me saying so is not 'warm diarhoea'.

Dude, they've moved on, it's time you did too.

The warm diarhoea is your spurious reasoning.

You need to take formations into account. In a 4-4-2 it could be reasoned that Gomis/Bauben are a better option than Paton/Rankin but in our formation (which wont change any time soon) Paton and Rankin (last seasons Rankin tbh) are a better fit. Same with Goodie as the sheep play a front 2. We need players that play well in our system.

I'll bite one last time for fun. Erskine had just taken a step up and was behind the widely lauded talents that were Armstrong, Gauld, GMS and Ciftci, with Dow also a contender. Gomis was behind plodders like Rankin and Paton. Butcher, an actual plodder, has come in due to injuries/suspension. Noone ever claimed Goodwillie isn't talented enough, it just wasn't working that well during his loan. Plus, again, formations.

I'll bite one last time for fun. Erskine had just taken a step up and was behind the widely lauded talents that were Armstrong, Gauld, GMS and Ciftci, with Dow also a contender. Gomis was behind plodders like Rankin and Paton. Butcher, an actual plodder, has come in due to injuries/suspension. Noone ever claimed Goodwillie isn't talented enough, it just wasn't working that well during his loan. Plus, again, formations.

You fucking what?

ArabFC seems to be getting a hard time, though if you keep repeating the same line it gets a wee bit tedious.

Sometimes players play better at different clubs, in different set ups and with different team mates.

Bauben and Gomis were excellent at United and both wanted to move on, when Gomis came back he was not as good IMO but is doing an excellent job at Hearts, once again in partnership with Prince. Same could be said about Goodwillie in his second spell. That's not a negative reflection on united as far as I can see, it's just how it is.

I also agree re Butcher and Erskine, both for different reasons have done well after being written off. That's football, no rhyme, reason or logic to it.

Goodwillie isn't doing that well tbh. Still looks unfit, overweight and as arrogant as before, but never mind he scored an over head kick. As for Bauben and Gomis, both feel on their puss at Tannadice last season. Both were on trial, Jimmy got a short deal and Prince got his bags packed for him. Both headed down south with the illusion of being good enough, they weren't. Let's us put an end this all this pish. Ranks, Pates, Jimmy and Prince were all training together last season Jmac decided Ranks and Pates were the better of the four end of the story.

ArabFC seems to be getting a hard time, though if you keep repeating the same line it gets a wee bit tedious.

I only repeat the obvious when people jump on me with this 'in love with' pish.

Somebody asked that if Holt was so good, why was he being kept out of the Hearts team. Reminding people that Buaben and Gomis are pretty good, was all I did up to that point.

You need to take formations into account. In a 4-4-2 it could be reasoned that Gomis/Bauben are a better option than Paton/Rankin but in our formation (which wont change any time soon) Paton and Rankin (last seasons Rankin tbh) are a better fit. Same with Goodie as the sheep play a front 2. We need players that play well in our system.

Hearts play a 4231 too.

As for the 'players need to play well in our system' idea, well, I'd suggest it's up to the manager to use the players that he signs in such a way as to utilise them best.

Peeeel suggests Goodwillie isn't doing that well. I'd suggest most Aberdeen fans would disagree with that. And if Jackie deciding that Paton and Rankin were the better player 'is the end of it', that suggests you have never ever disagreed with a United manager on anything?!

I only repeat the obvious when people jump on me with this 'in love with' pish.

Somebody asked that if Holt was so good, why was he being kept out of the Hearts team. Reminding people that Buaben and Gomis are pretty good, was all I did up to that point.

Nah. You said Gomis and Bauben enjoying a good season for Hearts 'backs up' your opinion that both are better than Paton and Rankin. They may be better players, who knows, but playing well in the Championship proves nothing.

Nah. You said Gomis and Bauben enjoying a good season for Hearts 'backs up' your opinion that both are better than Paton and Rankin. They may be better players, who knows, but playing well in the Championship proves nothing.

AFTER skinny arab had jumped in with his 'Your love for ex Utd players shows no end' pish.

And I didn't say it backed up my opinion, I simply offered that as an aside. If you've been watching Hearts this season, you couldn't fail to be impressed by them.

Hearts play a 4231 too.

As for the 'players need to play well in our system' idea, well, I'd suggest it's up to the manager to use the players that he signs in such a way as to utilise them best.

Peeeel suggests Goodwillie isn't doing that well. I'd suggest most Aberdeen fans would disagree with that. And if Jackie deciding that Paton and Rankin were the better player 'is the end of it', that suggests you have never ever disagreed with a United manager on anything?!

I said it was the end if the story and it was. Bauben left with no contract and Gomis followed not long after, my comment wasn't regarding opinions it was regarding facts. It's your opinion Bauben and Gomis are better than Ranks and Pates. It's fact that all four were at the same club last season, Jmac rated Ranks and Pates above Bauben and Gomis. But hey what does Jmac know huh? He's never played the holding role in some no mark amateur league.

You fucking what?

He's not done much to convince me otherwise in his new role and I expect him to be released in the summer to make way for a very capable DM. Of course, he might do a Morgan Gomis over the next few months and we'll be scrambling for his re-signature along with the Stokes and WBAs.

I said it was the end if the story and it was. Bauben left with no contract and Gomis followed not long after, my comment wasn't regarding opinions it was regarding facts. It's your opinion Bauben and Gomis are better than Ranks and Pates. It's fact that all four were at the same club last season, Jmac rated Ranks and Pates above Bauben and Gomis. But hey what does Jmac know huh? He's never played the holding role in some no mark amateur league.

I'm impressed you hold the manager's views in such high regard. I can't imagine what it must be like never to disagree with a United manager.

well time will tell but we have 9 "senior" players out of contract and only 1 of which is deffo away so lets just wait and see what jackie does instead of speculating huh

Wtf do you think the point in a message board is? To post pictures of tits.because it is about that but you can discuss football here too.

Archived