Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Rangers media on thompsons compensation offer.. 'canny wait to go to tannadice and fucken pump them'

haha 2 meetings 6-1 aggregate so far..

got to love the seethe generated

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terribly inflammatory article. It's one thing for United to adopt the position that compensation should be based on Telfer having spent only two years with his previous club but quite another for Thompson to be making public (or indeed private) statements rubbing their noses in it. Nothing to be gained here from the latter approach (apart from the lulz obviously) and I don't think for one minute that Thompson is stupid enough to be picking fights unnecessarily.

Shit stirring nonsense.

Would obviously have to look closer, but you could argue a case.

Only Wee Jum, Golac and Houston have won major trophies. Golac won the cup, but we finished two points off relegation in that season, and were then relegated in his second season. Houston won the cup and finished 3rd, 4th and 4th.

Obviously second best behind McLean is a bit like Houston claiming he is second in hairiness behind Samaras when the competition is Eamonn Bannon, but he might not be far off.

It's a very shit case. Akin to claiming Roberto Di Matteo is Chelsea's greatest ever manager since he won the Champions' League.

Houston's success was built solely on Levein's foundations. When he had to rebuild the team himself we saw what happened. Craig Levien never finished higher then 5th and won nothing, but we are only where we are today, still, because of how he turned us around. A far better case for 2nd to Jim, though Jerry Kerr may have something to say about that!

Anyway, it was the arrogance of the guy to claim it himself. No respect for him at all.

I might be wrong, but I sort of vaguely remember that players had to transfer over to the Newco after Rangers died, so to me that suggests its no longer the club that developed them, as they've already completed a transfer. I might be wrong, and I imagine PMS is the most likely to know, so hopefully he appears

Also Rangers Media is fucking vile reading, they seem to actually be getting sicker and sicker as it goes, someone really should try and get the site shut down..

Actually scrap that I won't quote them

What a terribly inflammatory article. It's one thing for United to adopt the position that compensation should be based on Telfer having spent only two years with his previous club but quite another for Thompson to be making public (or indeed private) statements rubbing their noses in it. Nothing to be gained here from the latter approach (apart from the lulz obviously) and I don't think for one minute that Thompson is stupid enough to be picking fights unnecessarily.

Shit stirring nonsense.

ST can say what he likes in private, and he'd be a fool not to argue the case that Rangers are only entitled to 2 years.

Seems a few of the Sunday papers reporting that United are taking the stance that Rangers are only two years old and thus compo for Telfer should be based on that. Your average zombie is going bananas.

Good on Dundee United for doing this and not pandering like so many others too the over 140 years myth.

If Sevco are saying he was them for 10 years (even though they have only been in existence for 2 years) - surely if they claiemd to eb the same team they can pay back all their original debts many which caused smalelr companies to go bust and lets not forget £140 million they owe the taxman

Many Light Blues fans blamed Thompson for the fact the newco was not allowed to join the SPL two years ago. He was involved in the move to open up the vote to all clubs, the catalyst for the so called “Arab Spring” of fan opposition

DAFUQ M8

If Sevco are saying he was them for 10 years (even though they have only been in existence for 2 years) - surely if they claiemd to eb the same team they can pay back all their original debts many which caused smalelr companies to go bust and lets not forget £140 million they owe the taxman

That would be 'fair'. Not going to happen.

Well done to Thompson for standing up to both fcuknuggets of institutions, the SFA and The Rangers. I'll be massively surprised if the outcome isn't siding with The Rangers, again, again, again.

It's a very shit case. Akin to claiming Roberto Di Matteo is Chelsea's greatest ever manager since he won the Champions' League.

Houston's success was built solely on Levein's foundations. When he had to rebuild the team himself we saw what happened. Craig Levien never finished higher then 5th and won nothing, but we are only where we are today, still, because of how he turned us around. A far better case for 2nd to Jim, though Jerry Kerr may have something to say about that!

Anyway, it was the arrogance of the guy to claim it himself. No respect for him at all.

I agree it was very arrogant of him to claim it, but I can see why others might see it that way.

To suggest his success was solely down to Levein is pushing it though - Houston hurt himself with his petty digs when he left, but he did a very good job when he was in charge. Just because a manager has good foundations doesn't mean he will have success.

Would obviously have to look closer, but you could argue a case.

Only Wee Jum, Golac and Houston have won major trophies. Golac won the cup, but we finished two points off relegation in that season, and were then relegated in his second season. Houston won the cup and finished 3rd, 4th and 4th.

Obviously second best behind McLean is a bit like Houston claiming he is second in hairiness behind Samaras when the competition is Eamonn Bannon, but he might not be far off.

I know it's not the only criterion, but in the terms of percentage of games won, McLean is our second most successful post-war manager followed by Billy Kirkwood. To date McNamara is fourth.

Shit stirring nonsense.

I'm quite happy to see ST giving it the GIRUY to Sevco and their acolytes within Scottish football.

Thompson is brilliant, he and United just seem to find new ways of annoying Sevco all the time. Hope this independent tribunal thing finds they are 2 years old as well, if not, does 8 years worth of cash go to the liquidators?

Wonderful stuff, keep it up

I know it's not the only criterion, but in the terms of percentage of games won, McLean is our second most successful post-war manager followed by Billy Kirkwood. To date McNamara is fourth.

Equally, if you go on unbeaten %age, it's McLean then Houston.

Like I said, whether you agree or disagree with it, there is a case to be made for his point, but he probably shouldn't be the guy making the point!

I do, however, find it ridiculous when people try to write off his record as "Levein did all the work"!

As much as I find it funny how much Thompson is "trolling", I do feel sorry for the United fans because when/if the Newco beat them then it'll be utterly hellish with both the troglodytes in their support, and the MSM giving it as big a GIRUY as they can

As much as I find it funny how much Thompson is "trolling", I do feel sorry for the United fans because when/if the Newco beat them then it'll be utterly hellish with both the troglodytes in their support, and the MSM giving it as big a GIRUY as they can

By the time they beat us Saints will be a Category A team.

Archived