Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thompson knows there is friction between both clubs but comes out with this,all it does is cause more trouble that is not needed.

There's no friction on our side.

Thompson is acting in the best interest of our club, by attempting to get a talented player for the best possible price.

dear god.

rangers died so they cant wait until that happens to Dundee Utd (or ST for that matter).

don't quite think it sinks in that they are trying to cherry pick the liquidation event and others are going to say different.

oh and the claims that Dundee Utd are trying to hide financial problems.. No they are looking at rangers taking any money offered to hide their money problems. Haha

Thompson knows there is friction between both clubs but comes out with this,all it does is cause more trouble that is not needed.

To be fair, the article is awful - you don't know how much of this he has actually come out with and don't blame him for trying to get the player for 2 years worth of money rather than what they are asking for. As said above, Thompson isn't stupid and I am sure he knows what he is doing, let's face it, he could give them £500,00 out of his own pocket and Sevco fans will find a reason to be angry about it :)

As much as I enjoy the trolling of Rangers by both fans (and seemingly) the club, I do worry that we will end up paying a fair whack for Telfer. I am not exactly sure who will end up getting paid but someone will. Despite the 'new Rangers' only existing for a couple of years, the fact is that Telfer has been trained and developed by a club for almost a decade (even if that club doesn't exist in the same form anymore)

These rules about player development fees are in place to reward the clubs involved in nurturing younger players, so someone, somewhere is due money for this deal but I have no idea how much and who that actually is.

As much as I enjoy the trolling of Rangers by both fans (and seemingly) the club, I do worry that we will end up paying a fair whack for Telfer. I am not exactly sure who will end up getting paid but someone will. Despite the 'new Rangers' only existing for a couple of years, the fact is that Telfer has been trained and developed by a club for almost a decade (even if that club doesn't exist in the same form anymore)

These rules about player development fees are in place to reward the clubs involved in nurturing younger players, so someone, somewhere is due money for this deal but I have no idea how much and who that actually is.

Thompson will be prepared for a worst-case scenario I would have thought.

The rangers fans have learnt nothing from the events of 2 years ago. All this stuff about "traitors " and "enemies" , what are they on? Their club was financially mismanaged by their own directors. It's like they can't accept this and are looking for any external scape goat they can.

When they come back to Tannadice they will be greeted with chants of " you're not rangers any more".

The seethe will be exquisite.

this is a club the Rangers support should starve of cash, in my opinion.

This is the level of imbecile that infests that particular forum. He is suggesting the V2.0 fans should boycott Tannadice to inflict damage on United, while at the same time completely failing to notice that United have managed not only to clear any bank debt in *their* absence, but have also managed to increase their average attendance.

Despite all the evidence *they* still believe they can extract some kind of financial revenge on The Rest...

The rangers fans have learnt nothing from the events of 2 years ago. All this stuff about "traitors " and "enemies" , what are they on? Their club was financially mismanaged by their own directors. It's like they can't accept this and are looking for any external scape goat they can. When they come back to Tannadice they will be greeted with chants of " you're not rangers any more". The seethe will be exquisite.

I think you'll find they went bust because we charged them twice for that abandoned game. Didn't they?

"I'll celebrate with a beer when he dies."

"Can't wait til he dies."

:lol:

A few of you boys need to get registered on there and troll the f**k out of them.

A mod threatened to post my e-mail address and facebook account on the site last time I went fishing, its fun

Superb stuff Mr Thompson. It must never be allowed to be forgotten that Rangers died no matter the attempts to pretend otherwise. He's 100% right with the Telfer issue even although Rangers International's friends in high places will again see the myth of them being Rangers carried through, at the expense of United's wallet.

I've yet to see Thompson troll Rangers International though. All I've seen his him telling it as it is. Long may it continue.

"I'll celebrate with a beer when he dies."

"Can't wait til he dies."

:lol:

A few of you boys need to get registered on there and troll the f**k out of them.

I think my IP address got banned. Registered multiple accounts on the day they went into administration.

It's amazing how the police can pick up a single anti-Rangers tweet and have the person in court yet allow a Rangers Media site that is full of sectarianism and hate crime to plod along unhindered. I can't think why...

"... demand that Dundee United show us the respect we are due as Scotlands largest club.If we look back to the administration /liquidation fiasco you could maybe see how we were perceived as tax cheats who gained an unfair advantage over our opposition and possibly understand other fans contempt for us.But with the benefit of hindsight we are all now aware that we were infact the victims of Whytes fraud and have suffered horrendously despite having not done anything wrong."

85305efdd72a102c6f368bc0627b695c.jpg

Oooft, young OlegKuznetsov appears to be a right charmer:

Probably the most incredible thing is the number of zombies using the term 'bigot' to describe ST/United/Arabs. The irony is right off the scale!

Archived