Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Nobody has seen the potential of Souttar yet, his United career so far has been so up and down and stop start with injuries etc so I honestly don't know what his value is yet. He would be good to get a full season (next year) under his belt before making any decisions about his future, but the club have sold all his pals so he might want to leave now.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else get two season ticket renewal forms through the post today? I'm not falling for that you greedy, bald snake.

I got three! I went to get mine yesterday and the lady at the shop asked for my address and they had three different variations for some reason, so low and behold a plethora (well three) packs arrived through my door and are now are sitting in my kitchen (I say kitchen, I mean bin). No manager or chairman statements in the packs this year, don't like that.

Nobody has seen the potential of Souttar yet, his United career so far has been so up and down and stop start with injuries etc so I honestly don't know what his value is yet. He would be good to get a full season (next year) under his belt before making any decisions about his future, but the club have sold all his pals so he might want to leave now.

Pretty sure I've been constantly talking about his potential.

Can't believe we've let his contract situation drift like this!

Do you think we have seen the best of what Souttar has in terms of his potential? I personally don't think we have. The odd good performance here and there but he hasn't yet had a long run in the team playing consistently well.

Good news everybody :)

"Dundee United's board has agreed not to sell Nadir Ciftci to Celtic should the Scottish Premiership leaders make a summer bid for the 23-year-old Turkish striker. (The Sun, print edition) "

^^^ or this could translate as well we hope to sell him and Celtic is the priority for £500,000 pmsl

"Dundee United's board has agreed not to sell Nadir Ciftci to Celtic should the Scottish Premiership leaders make a summer bid for the 23-year-old Turkish striker. (The Sun, print edition) "

So Souttar is for sale then?

erm nope as could be a change in transfer policy any club with a decent offer but Celtic (way it should be) ;)

Anyway stop stealing other teams good young players and produce your own for a change :thumsup2

Quite a bizarre statement imo whereby the board has quite possibly painted themselves into a corner. If a good bid comes in from Celtic then the board is either seen as backtracking (again) if we (rightly) sell, or is seen as being bloody-minded, throwing money down the drain if we don't sell. Possible that Nads would be aggrieved at having a move blocked too and ends up huffing through the season.

Celtic aren't our competition anyway, the rest of the league are. What's the problem selling to them if the price is right?

Sounds like the hysteria from a small section of fans in recent months has had an effect, Mrs Miggins.

Quite a bizarre statement imo whereby the board has quite possibly painted themselves into a corner. If a good bid comes in from Celtic then the board is either seen as backtracking (again) if we (rightly) sell, or is seen as being bloody-minded, throwing money down the drain if we don't sell. Possible that Nads would be aggrieved at having a move blocked too and ends up huffing through the season.

Celtic aren't our competition anyway, the rest of the league are. What's the problem selling to them if the price is right?

Sounds like the hysteria from a small section of fans in recent months has had an effect, Mrs Miggins.

We meet them in the cups these good players we had and have sold could end up knocking United out costing the club money and medals.

Thinking as a fan if the bid is matched by for example an English club (championship and above) then yeah ignore Celtic's offer, but however if Celtic are the only bidder (or only one prepared to meet our asking price) and it looks good money would be very hard to turn down as the club has to take a long term view on things.

Out of hand we should be trying to not sell to them but from a business side of view that is a very hard thing to do if they are fronting serious money at the end of the day.

Nadir is a nice bloke had the privilege of meeting him and only he will know what is right for him career wise, but he has hinted he wants to extend his stay with us due to how good the club are too him and how the proper fans treat him so maybe he might extend his deal.

I'll be fucked if I'm reading the Sun but have United actually made any kind of statement at all?

Celtic are trolling Utd something awful.

If utd knock back anything over 500k for the waiter with a year on his deal, regardless of club, they are seriously needing their head looked at.

The more hysterical fans are keen to trumpet utds excellent policy of signing/developing and then selling on young talent. That is of course until it comes to the selling part.

Very true mate very true but also be Rangers at it again soon so all the blame wont be at Celtic's door for much longer, Old firm say jump the other clubs chairmen say how high way its been and way it continues to be :(

I'll be fucked if I'm reading the Sun but have United actually made any kind of statement at all?

Sit tight, the Fed/ArabTrust will no doubt be releasing a statement shortly demanding that United release a statement shortly to clarify whether or not their unstated demands have been met.

According to facebook groups what i said earlier has been backed up its a change of the clubs transfer policy to anyone bar Celtic :wub: if true and kept to GIRFUY dirty smelly IRA loving you know whats :thumsup2:lol:

According to facebook groups what i said earlier has been backed up its a change of the clubs transfer policy to anyone bar Celtic if true and kept to GIRFUY dirty IRA loving you know whats

So you'lll let them go for free next year when their contract runs out?

Archived