Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do we get the yearly brochure for season tickets? I know they uploaded the promotional video yesterday but we normally get a full brochure too. I'm saying that because this is usually when our chairman does a yearly rallying call and tries to outline his plans for the coming season (there is normally an open letter type thing on the brochure). I think more than a few fans will be holding off buying season tickets until we hear what is happening with the club over the summer and beyond.

Not too sure about these rumours about us being up for sale but I have been hearing more and more of this. Unfortunately Thompson's lack of public appearances have made me a bit more worried about what is happening (especially considering he is normally the first to be on TV or on ArabZone giving his view). We used to have problems with never being able to shut him up and now we haven't heard from him in ages!

I might have to admit I was wrong about Souttar. I never thought he had enough to play a defensive midfield role but I thought he did well today and he might turn out to be what we need in there. Comfortable on the ball, able to pick a pass and a solid defensive presence.

I was pleased with pretty much the whole team today. Souttar and Telfer both contributed more played further forward. Spittal continues to develop. Most pleasing for me was Muirhead's debut - big, strong, decent pace, decent touch, plenty of dig, likes a shot. Kept his position much better than Ciftci does and gave the team a proper focal point.

I'd hope that, fitness permitting, we get to see Souttar, Telfer and Muirhead all starting every game between now and the end of the season (in those positions) to let them all develop for next season. Would be nice to see Coote start at least one game too. He looks a good size for such a young laddie and didn't look out of place when he came on.

I went into today's game rather downbeat about things generally but the first half performance in particular says to me that we're not far away from being a decent team again.

Easily Dixon's best since coming back, but that wouldn't be difficult! He managed to get to the byeline on a few occasions and was always looking for the ball. Hopefully after a proper pre-season we can see him back to his best next term.

Realistically who should we be keeping and binning out of ?

Calum Butcher

Radoslaw Ciernziak

Sean Dillon

Michael Gardyne

Brian Graham

Darren Petrie

Keith Watson

Plus rumoured out Nadir to Celtic £1.5-3m ?

Archived