Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been ever present since joining. Started off looking rock solid and can break out of defence as well. Not been so good in the last few league games but not alone in that. Prone to a few mistakes.

ETA. I know he has featured for Celtics first team then been injured. He's a fair bit away from an SPL player, especially for Celtic, at the moment. A loan spell is probably a really good thing for him.

Really like Marcus, but our team as a whole have defended poorly. Fraser likes to break forward when the chance arises and has decent pace. I would be happy if he were with us for the rest of the season if we're it allowed.

I'd seen him a few times in the reserves and he looked a bit of a player, seemed comfortable on the ball, decent passer, I remember him coming on as a sub during a European match, might have been against Rennes, again he looked comfortable and handled it well. It was either a leg break or a cruciate ligament injury that had him out for about 9 months, haven't seen him since. Just curious as to how he was doing there. If he is getting first team football at Cowdenbeath it would be crazy for us to bring him back to Celtic Park before the season end.

Been ever present since joining. Started off looking rock solid and can break out of defence as well. Not been so good in the last few league games but not alone in that. Prone to a few mistakes.

Granted I had only seen him in a handful of games and he looked solid as you say, but being prone to making mistakes is never a good sign for a defender.

I'd seen him a few times in the reserves and he looked a bit of a player, seemed comfortable on the ball, decent passer, I remember him coming on as a sub during a European match, might have been against Rennes, again he looked comfortable and handled it well. It was either a leg break or a cruciate ligament injury that had him out for about 9 months, haven't seen him since. Just curious as to how he was doing there. If he is getting first team football at Cowdenbeath it would be crazy for us to bring him back to Celtic Park before the season end.

He did a cruciate

Still only what? 18? Definitely a player there. Like i say a loan spell can only help him. Will get better experience with us than he would in the 20's. He'll come up against some decent and some physical centre-forwards in this league which he'll learn from.

If he is getting first team football at Cowdenbeath it would be crazy for us to bring him back to Celtic Park before the season end.

He was signed as an emergency loan and as his loan finishes outside of the transfer window, it can't be extended so he'll be back with Celtic in December.

Still only what? 18? Definitely a player there. Like i say a loan spell can only help him. Will get better experience with us than he would in the 20's. He'll come up against some decent and some physical centre-forwards in this league which he'll learn from.

I think he's 20 now. Aye, he reminded me a little of when John Kennedy first started making a name for himself a Celtic Park, not quite as a good as Kennedy, but had certain traits. Agreed, much better playing first team football in the Championship than playing in the reserves, will certainly add to his game. He's a natural centre half, but can also take a shot at full back, I assume he's playing in his most familiar role?

I think he's 20 now. Aye, he reminded me a little of when John Kennedy first started making a name for himself a Celtic Park, not quite as a good as Kennedy, but had certain traits. Agreed, much better playing first team football in the Championship than playing in the reserves, will certainly add to his game. He's a natural centre half, but can also take a shot at full back, I assume he's playing in his most familiar role?

He's been playing CB. Funny enough there was some discussion a few days ago about whether he could solve a serious problem we have at LB, maybe even wing-back.

Fraser will be more suited to playing in Celtics team and will do well for Celtic. Will be good experience for him here though and bring him on physically if he is back from a bad injury. Unfortunately don't think we are allowed to extend his 3 month loan spell. Hes got a good bit to go to be compared to John Kennedy though.

He's been playing CB. Funny enough there was some discussion a few days ago about whether he could solve a serious problem we have at LB, maybe even wing-back.

I'm not sure what his dominant foot is, but I certainly think he could be comfortable enough in the full back role.

Fraser will be more suited to playing in Celtics team and will do well for Celtic. Will be good experience for him here though and bring him on physically if he is back from a bad injury. Unfortunately don't think we are allowed to extend his 3 month loan spell. Hes got a good bit to go to be compared to John Kennedy though.

I was meaning when I first saw JK in the Celtic reserves. Like I said, not quite as good, but reminded me of him.

I'm not sure what his dominant foot is, but I certainly think he could be comfortable enough in the full back role.

Think he is s class act, deceptively fast too. Wouldn't mind see him getting a game or two at LB even if it would only be a temporary fix. There must be some way we can keep him a bit longer if Celtic allow it.

Everyone's a winner then.

I was meaning when I first saw JK in the Celtic reserves. Like I said, not quite as good, but reminded me of him.

i hope he does become as good. Hes got a good attitude and has been developed in a side that are comfy playing from the back. Not quite the commanding presence at the back yet but hes still young. Like his attitude. He is the only player every match to run off the pitch into the dressing room. I like that, unless hes always bursting for a pee! Haha

Think he is s class act, deceptively fast too. Wouldn't mind see him getting a game or two at LB even if it would only be a temporary fix. There must be some way we can keep him a bit longer if Celtic allow it.

Everyone's a winner then.

I'd like to think if his loan can be extended we'd allow him to stay.

i hope he does become as good. Hes got a good attitude and has been developed in a side that are comfy playing from the back. Not quite the commanding presence at the back yet but hes still young. Like his attitude. He is the only player every match to run off the pitch into the dressing room. I like that, unless hes always bursting for a pee! Haha

It's good to hear that he seems to be doing well, hopefully this can continue.

Cheers lads.

Archived