Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I think the League is a great deal more difficult than last season with the addition of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers though. Then take away the best strike pairing in the League Hemmings and Stewart - and you can't just do a straight comparison with last season.

We could have done a lot better at trying to replace Stewart and Hemmings though. Greig Spence for one would have been a better option than Sutherland and Jurisic.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the same in the car on the way home about kudus playing left in a 352 but miller would keep his place over deano for the time being. TOB was much more in the game yesterday when he wasnt one of two holding mids and 352 would let him get involved. Higgins needs someone to run off his intelligent headers and ability to see opportunities. In a 352 that is gallacher from what we have at the moment.

Hopefully big nat is OK after playing the second half with an injury. MOM again for me.

I said the same in the car on the way home about kudus playing left in a 352 but miller would keep his place over deano for the time being. TOB was much more in the game yesterday when he wasnt one of two holding mids and 352 would let him get involved. Higgins needs someone to run off his intelligent headers and ability to see opportunities. In a 352 that is gallacher from what we have at the moment.

Hopefully big nat is OK after playing the second half with an injury. MOM again for me.

I thought TOB and Marshall were our best players yesterday. Chris Kane did well when he came on but Miller faded out of the game when pushed further forward.

We could have done a lot better at trying to replace Stewart and Hemmings though. Greig Spence for one would have been a better option than Sutherland and Jurisic.

yes though lots of fans said they didn't want Spence, Liam Buchanan or Archie Campbell - I think Liam actually looks to have been the best bargain si far

yes though lots of fans said they didn't want Spence, Liam Buchanan or Archie Campbell - I think Liam actually looks to have been the best bargain si far

I would have taken Spence and Campbell (Archie, not Iain) but not Buchanan. To be fair to Liam though, he has really stepped up this season and is scoring important goals. Great result for Alloa yesteday. Twice they've held Rangers now.

I thought TOB and Marshall were our best players yesterday. Chris Kane did well when he came on but Miller faded out of the game when pushed further forward.

I'd agree with that. Marshall makes it look so easy. Nat had a good game too.

Anyone know why Miller is taking all the free kicks that are within shooting distance now? There's usually three or four ever game. He hasn't had one on target yet.

I think the League is a great deal more difficult than last season with the addition of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers though. Then take away the best strike pairing in the League Hemmings and Stewart - and you can't just do a straight comparison with last season.

It is a tougher league overall but Rovers, Alloa, Dumbo and Livi still remain. We've picked up 4 points in 6 games against those 4. If we aren't getting points against them where are we getting them?

If you throw Morton in with the teams above we'd picked up 7 of our 11 points at the end of November against those teams last season. If we win against Livi next week it will be 7 points from the teams round about us at this stage which wasn't enough to keep Cameron in a job. It ultimately put us in the playoffs.

I can't remember any of Camerons signings being criticised last season either. I think they were pretty much universally applauded.

I'm not saying we should be going to Ibrox or Tynecastle and winning. Our benchmark should be the teams around us and we're not making a decent fist of those games.

Anyone know why Miller is taking all the free kicks that are within shooting distance now? There's usually three or four ever game. He hasn't had one on target yet.

Think he had one on target last week but i agree with your point. Don't recall him ever really troubling the keeper and he's tried from some daft distances as well

kyle put one over the bar 2nd half yesterday and when he and cambell were standing over it we were all saying 'he cant be shooting from there?' if we are seeing that from the railway stand how is nobody from the team or management seeing that?

no idea why lewis milne doesnt get to take some. by far the best striker of a ball we have.

It is a tougher league overall but Rovers, Alloa, Dumbo and Livi still remain. We've picked up 4 points in 6 games against those 4. If we aren't getting points against them where are we getting them?

If you throw Morton in with the teams above we'd picked up 7 of our 11 points at the end of November against those teams last season. If we win against Livi next week it will be 7 points from the teams round about us at this stage which wasn't enough to keep Cameron in a job. It ultimately put us in the playoffs.

I can't remember any of Camerons signings being criticised last season either. I think they were pretty much universally applauded.

I'm not saying we should be going to Ibrox or Tynecastle and winning. Our benchmark should be the teams around us and we're not making a decent fist of those games.

Yes Grant Adam was universally popular! All those 4 teams now have much less points than last season. It isn't last season any more and it is future points that matter - in the games v those 4 clubs - we should have easily beaten Dumbarton, lost to Rovers yesterday due to circumstances, have won and lost to Alloa. So why would we just throw in the towel - we can on the evidence of this season beat all those teams - but we need to begin grasping those opportunities. There were many more easier games last season none against big full time clubs - we got points from every single club not just those 4 and Morton - and we had Hemmings and Stewart that is why Colin's record was poorer. Jimmy's record with the same player plus his own additions against the same clubs was way, way better than Colin's.

Yes Grant Adam was universally popular! All those 4 teams now have much less points than last season. It isn't last season any more and it is future points that matter - in the games v those 4 clubs - we should have easily beaten Dumbarton, lost to Rovers yesterday due to circumstances, have won and lost to Alloa. So why would we just throw in the towel - we can on the evidence of this season beat all those teams - but we need to begin grasping those opportunities. There were many more easier games last season none against big full time clubs - we got points from every single club not just those 4 and Morton - and we had Hemmings and Stewart that is why Colin's record was poorer. Jimmy's record with the same player plus his own additions against the same clubs was way, way better than Colin's.

Who's throwing in the towel? Adam wasn't unpopular as a signing. He was unpopular because he became first choice for no apparent reason and wasn't a better keeper than Flynn.

We picked up 10 points v Dundee and Accies last season. Do you think we'll get the same from Hearts and Rangers? Thats why its even more essential we pick up points against those around us. We aren't doing that at the moment.

If it wasn,t for bad luck yesterday we would have no luck at all.Four injured players by half time,ive never seen that before.Despite that we were always in the game with a number of good performances.Marcus and Nat were good at the back,Marshall was very good along with TOB,Kudus his usual handful and Sean put a big shift in.Unfortunately we still lost.Jimmy says he wants us to be harder to beat but still persists with a system that plays guys out of their best positions.Even with Chopper out we still have four quick strong footballing centre backs.Marshall looks like he would revel behind two centre mids.Kudus is playing on the left so in a five thats the problem left side sorted.This would also put another forward with pace alongside Higgins as he struggles on his own.Sutherland was brilliant for twenty minutes,flying machine but he seems to have real injury concerns.The 352 us fans are clamouring for is not us being kid on know it alls.Its the system Jimmy implemented when he took over from Mickey which ultimately kept us up.

Spot on. They were our best players.

TOB upfront was laughable. Utterly pathetic.

We must play 352. Nothing else makes sense. Milne was garbage yesteday but play him on front of Marshall and TOB and he has space. Higgins is woeful upfront on his own - not blaming him as its not his fault but he isn't good enough as a solo striker. 352 would solve that...

Thomson

Brownlie Fraser Wedderburn

Brett TOB Milne Marshall Kudus

Gallacher Higgins

Sutherland was brilliant when he came on but bin him - too injury prone. Only other change would maybe be Miller for Gall and Kudus up to - aye that's coming from me.

There's still everything to play for, and we have some good players. We must, though, take some points from the other part-time clubs - we mustn't become isolated at the foot of the table, trying to play catch-up. I'm not convinced that even at this stage in the season Jimmy Nic knows his best formation and his preferred first XI, and that is worrying,

One simple question: we seem to fall away in the second half quite often - even at Forfar when we totally outclassed and dominated the home team in the first half - do we have a fitness problem?

We must play 352. Nothing else makes sense. Milne was garbage yesteday but play him on front of Marshall and TOB and he has space. Higgins is woeful upfront on his own - not blaming him as its not his fault but he isn't good enough as a solo striker. 352 would solve that...

Thomson

Brownlie Fraser Wedderburn

Brett TOB Milne Marshall Kudus

Gallacher Higgins

Sutherland was brilliant when he came on but bin him - too injury prone. Only other change would maybe be Miller for Gall and Kudus up to - aye that's coming from me.

I'd have either TOB or Marshall in there, not both of them with Robbo taking the other place.

If what I heard about Chopper was true I'll honestly cry. He's right up there in Craig Winter stakes for the club.

?

I walked out of Starks Park amazed at how we lost that one, maybe just one injury too many as we were in control I thought until Nade came on.

Marshall impressed me. Whilst I don't see him try to play the trophy pass very often I think he looks very composed when on the ball.

There has been a marked improvement (Falkirk aside) since we beat QOTS and luckily the gap between the bottom 4 is not that much still. I would say Saturday is a must win game though.

Archived