Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

We lost two awful goals in both games..We were not awful yesterday, and gave it a real go in the second half.Campbell was surely brought on to try and whip crosses in to test the rookie keeper, but only had one corner which didn't test him

Have to agree.

Not sure why some are slating yesterday's performance. We weren't that bad and gave it a real go 2nd half in poor conditions.

Not sure why Lewis Milne getting criticism either. What do you want him to do? Beat 5 men and dink the goalie?

If we were a bit harder/streetwise defensively we would get points in these games. Rangers and Hibs foul as at the right times to stop the dangerous situations. We sometimes let an opponent waltz by 2 of us. Bit soft and nieve at times.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers not playing the "players on international duty" card for their game against Alloa. Strange that. Anything to do with the fact that it's a home

game ? More gate money.

another kick in the teeth for us. They even have some genuine call ups this time.

Have to agree.

Not sure why some are slating yesterday's performance. We weren't that bad and gave it a real go 2nd half in poor conditions.

Not sure why Lewis Milne getting criticism either. What do you want him to do? Beat 5 men and dink the goalie?

If we were a bit harder/streetwise defensively we would get points in these games. Rangers and Hibs foul as at the right times to stop the dangerous situations. We sometimes let an opponent waltz by 2 of us. Bit soft and nieve at times.

We could have come out first half and had a go at Hibs. If we'd come out against Hibs the way we did against Rangers we could have got something from that game. Instead we let them have the ball and come at us and we never started playing until we were two down. It was like Easter Road all over again. As soon as we scored they totally panicked. Unlike us at Easter Road they managed to hold on though. We weren't exactly battering down the door though and creating good chances.

Have to agree.

Exactly Al, we are not streetwise or are we 'hard' enough.We just don't have the strength or resources of these big clubs.We were always going to be up against it this season and I don't think we have disgraced ourselves in the big games. Lewis is a really talented player as Robbo, but no way are they going to win 50/50s etc.The manager has to try and get the balance right, and for me and most fans we need to play three at the back with,two wing backs.Marshall looks the right type to sit and play,the simple pass..was very impressed with him.Brownie should be in the side just now, and when Chopper is fit he has to start.We have four players more than capable of filling the three places, and if Jimmy comes to his senses and plays his strongest side/formation then we won't leak so many goals I'm sure.

The manager has to try and get the balance right, and for me and most fans we need to play three at the back with,two wing backs.Marshall looks the right type to sit and play,the simple pass..was very impressed with him.Brownie should be in the side just now, and when Chopper is fit he has to start.We have four players more than capable of filling the three places, and if Jimmy comes to his senses and plays his strongest side/formation then we won't leak so many goals I'm sure.

Would you put TOB in for Fraser until Chopper is back?

Would you put TOB in for Fraser until Chopper is back?

No.. I like TOB in the sitting midfield role..Marshall has done well there and would be an automatic choice for me.Really like Marcus but struggled for a couple of games.Would have no problems with Thomas playing there, but I would keep Faith with Fraser just now. We really do have a decent squad when all are fit, we just have to pick the right team for the game.

Fraser looked good when we first got him but has regressed. I think I'd rather see TOB at CB. He does carry the ball well though so maybe on the left would be a shout but I can't see it if we're playing 3 at the back. Unless Kudus was moved up top with Gallacher and Higgins dropped there's no way way to fit them in. Thinking about it i do like the idea of Kudus and Gallacher as a strike pair though.

No.. I like TOB in the sitting midfield role..Marshall has done well there and would be an automatic choice for me.Really like Marcus but struggled for a couple of games.Would have no problems with Thomas playing there, but I would keep Faith with Fraser just now. We really do have a decent squad when all are fit, we just have to pick the right team for the game.

Spot on CC.We do have a decent squad but we are set up all over the place.Against Hibs we had Deano left back,Kyle right back and Robbo wide right just for starters.When Campbell came on Dean went to right back,Kyle to right mid,Robbo to centre and Gallacher was on the left.What chance have the lads got when we have carnage for substitutions.We are losing soft goals for fun.We were doing this last season as well and Jimmy changed us to 352 and we improved dramatically.We have pace to burn up front also in Gallacher,oyenuga,Sutherland and CJ yet we persist with our slowest forward no matter what.If we are not goingto play our best players in their best positions and have a go then whats the point.Our current strategies are clearly not working.Finally we do not have a big squad as the majority of our summer signings were quite frankly bizarre.

Fraser looked good when we first got him but has regressed. I think I'd rather see TOB at CB. He does carry the ball well though so maybe on the left would be a shout but I can't see it if we're playing 3 at the back. Unless Kudus was moved up top with Gallacher and Higgins dropped there's no way way to fit them in. Thinking about it i do like the idea of Kudus and Gallacher as a strike pair though.

Gallacher and Sutherland for me with Kudus on the left of a midfield 5

Summer signings Thomson, Higgins, Brownlie, Sutherland, Jurisic, Campbell - cant see that a majority of those were bizarre

Brownlie has been underused in my opinion. Jimmy signed him, but doesn't see him as a first pick. Must have his reasons for that, but I think most fans are confused about why that is, especially when our defence isn't exactly a solid unit.

Summer signings Thomson, Higgins, Brownlie, Sutherland, Jurisic, Campbell - cant see that a majority of those were bizarre

Higgins,Campbell and you forgot Scullion,all lower league players and not up and coming youngsters.What does Jurisic look like again.Thomson better than Flynn,aye right.Brownlie and Sutherland don,t get picked,now thats bizarre.Higgins junior also.Carry on.

Jurisic and Campbell were. The others all have a place.

I was unconvinced about Thomson his first few games. Some appalling errors. He has looked solid of late though and will hopefully fill Flynns boots. A run in the team has settled him. Please god don't drop him and knock his confidence.

Higgins is a clever player but for the last few games hasn't done much. A spell on the bench might do him good. Will always contribute throughout the season though.

Brownlie for some reason isn't first pick after doing so well last season. The best CB we have at attacking the ball. When he got a run you could see he lacked confidence after being "dropped". A few games in and he looked good again but has now been dropped again.

Sutherland hasn't been given a chance through injury. I'd be giving him a chance over Higgins at the moment seeing as he's scored a few for the reserves. Hasn't shown an impact from the bench though.

Jurisic. Enough said.

Campbell can put in a decent dead ball but thats it. A liability in open play both in attack and defensively. Not a Championship player. Never will be.

Yes I can carry on - Higgins has been an OK signing and a good experienced pro - why would we just want to sign youngsters? Good job we signed Thomson, (he has been OK as well - don't remember saying he was better or worse than Flynn), with Thomas deciding to move back to Newcastle. You cant have it both ways - Sutherland and Brownlie if you think they should be in the team then you cant say they are bizarre signings. Higgins jnr and Scullion were signed to supplement the under-20 team as we no longer have under-17s, etc who can step in to play given the Fife Elite Academy - there are a number of other players who are under-20 who play in that side over and above first team squad players/apprentices. It is a mix of reserves, trialists, youngsters, others. We also need good injury cover to allow us to regularly field under 20s including the fact that if you have first team injuries some players may not be risked in under 20s because of risk of further injuries and then we want to put some of our apprentices out to juniors for a more competitive experience. There is no impact at all on the 1st team budget from non-apprentices, young Higgins and Scullion.

Thus I repeat don't accept your claim that a majority of summer signings were bizarre.

Jurisic and Campbell were. The others all have a place.

I was unconvinced about Thomson his first few games. Some appalling errors. He has looked solid of late though and will hopefully fill Flynns boots. A run in the team has settled him. Please god don't drop him and knock his confidence.

Higgins is a clever player but for the last few games hasn't done much. A spell on the bench might do him good. Will always contribute throughout the season though.

Brownlie for some reason isn't first pick after doing so well last season. The best CB we have at attacking the ball. When he got a run you could see he lacked confidence after being "dropped". A few games in and he looked good again but has now been dropped again.

Sutherland hasn't been given a chance through injury. I'd be giving him a chance over Higgins at the moment seeing as he's scored a few for the reserves. Hasn't shown an impact from the bench though.

Jurisic. Enough said.

Campbell can put in a decent dead ball but thats it. A liability in open play both in attack and defensively. Not a Championship player. Never will be.

OK and that means in essence you agree with me - a majority (4 you feel) were not bizarre is your assessment

Higgins,Campbell and you forgot Scullion,all lower league players and not up and coming youngsters.What does Jurisic look like again.Thomson better than Flynn,aye right.Brownlie and Sutherland don,t get picked,now thats bizarre.Higgins junior also.Carry on.

Bit harsh tagging Higgins senior as a lower league player the boy has only ever played one season below the level we are at currently.

Archived