Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of European teams use two holding midfielders, albeit in front of a back four, but how do my fellow Cowden fans feel about both Marshall and Tomas playing to try and shore up our defence, obviously the front four would need shuffling but if we can stop leaking goals it would offer a platform to build on, admittedly the back three/four debate with a lack of left sided coverage may make this a moot point, but we are losing too many goals and alas not scoring enough

Time for Campbell to GTF. That was never a footballer out there today. The only time he played a forward pass it was a lump up the park and he got utterly roasted in defence. Surely Brownlie could have been on the bench and one of the CB's could have moved out left after Deano's injury or we switch to 3 at the back. Every time someone plays the ball to him I get the fear.

What is Jimmy seeing in this clown that makes him think he's up to this league?

Time for Campbell to GTF. That was never a footballer out there today. The only time he played a forward pass it was a lump up the park and he got utterly roasted in defence. Surely Brownlie could have been on the bench and one of the CB's could have moved out left after Deano's injury or we switch to 3 at the back. Every time someone plays the ball to him I get the fear.

We were lucky that Rovers winger wasn't very good. I really felt like going home when Deano went off.

3-5-fucking 2!!!

Deano should be playing on the right. Campbell shouldn't be in the match day squad. Play Deano on the right, Kudus at a left wing back and that still gives us three central midfielders and Higgins the support he needs up front.

Miller still deserves his place. He wasn't great today at right-back. I did think he was out of the game at right mid after Kane came on. Maybe right-back/wing -back is his position. Was clear that Kane couldn't get a pass to him as Kane always drifts inside or looks backwards.

Read that Deano won't be fit next week anyway.

Yano actually had a few decent games pre the Falkirk fiasco...Where we were destroyed on both flanks that horrific first half. Not going to refuse to sign for Cowden and the chance to play in this league when offered is he?.

Obviously was signed as back up, but agree I found it a strange signing...but no need for calling the guy a clown etc.

Pit Owns, along with the vast majority of Cowden fans knows we have to play 3-5-2, as it is our best chance of getting out of our position, and he is spot on with his choice of wing- backs, imo.Kudos has so much energy. We could though use Dean left and Kyle right.

Jimmy had an impossible job yesterday with so much bad luck with the injuries, but even if the players are fit next week we still won't get our wish formation wise.

Been trying discreetly to find out and finally got told the reason (or possible rumour) why Campbell is with us yesterday, dreadful if true. There is still a few in the Cowden support that like him/rate him though as got told to behave when i shouted across to the dugout to get Campbell off even before he got on the pitch,lol. I do not know the fella and no disrespect, but he is not a Championship player and never will be.

Its hard to see where points are coming from, add to the fact that the Sons and Alloa are picking up points and Livi will surely soon start picking up points, hopefully not till after next Saturday. Injuries are not helping and then we lose a few players in January. Tough times ahead.

Been trying discreetly to find out and finally got told the reason (or possible rumour) why Campbell is with us yesterday, dreadful if true. There is still a few in the Cowden support that like him/rate him though as got told to behave when i shouted across to the dugout to get Campbell off even before he got on the pitch,lol. I do not know the fella and no disrespect, but he is not a Championship player and never will be.

Its hard to see where points are coming from, add to the fact that the Sons and Alloa are picking up points and Livi will surely soon start picking up points, hopefully not till after next Saturday. Injuries are not helping and then we lose a few players in January. Tough times ahead.

Wish someone would tell us what the rumour is. Can't be for any footballing reason.

The rumour is, and I have no idea if it's true or not, is that Dick Campbell asked Jimmy Nichol to sign Ian as personal favour because Ian has been banned from driving and couldn't attend training up at Forfar.

Again this is not me passing on known information just passing on a story I was told.

The rumour is, and I have no idea if it's true or not, is that Dick Campbell asked Jimmy Nichol to sign Ian as personal favour because Ian has been banned from driving and couldn't attend training up at Forfar.

Again this is not me passing on known information just passing on a story I was told.

Never heard this story so don't know if it has any legs but surely if it was true Dick would have been able to transport him too and from training himself if needed.

Yano actually had a few decent games pre the Falkirk fiasco...Where we were destroyed on both flanks that horrific first half. Not going to refuse to sign for Cowden and the chance to play in this league when offered is he?. Obviously was signed as back up, but agree I found it a strange signing...but no need for calling the guy a clown etc. Pit Owns, along with the vast majority of Cowden fans knows we have to play 3-5-2, as it is our best chance of getting out of our position, and he is spot on with his choice of wing- backs, imo.Kudos has so much energy. We could though use Dean left and Kyle right. Jimmy had an impossible job yesterday with so much bad luck with the injuries, but even if the players are fit next week we still won't get our wish formation wise.

It's an option but your boy is much better in his natural position. Deano has done a decent job on the left and is a much better option than Campbell but I'd prefer him back on the right.

Had a look at when Cameron resigned last season. We were second bottom with 11points on 27th November. We can't be in any better position than that by 27th November this year and could be worse. 3 games after that date against Falkirk away in the cup then Rangers, Hearts at home and Queens away in the league. Grim stuff. If we lose to Livi that could be a brutal run.

Amazing to think how Jimmy turned us round last season but hasn't got us going this campaign.

Archived