Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's been poor recently

But just go onto div below page, the likes of Stenny (best part time team in football!!!) would love 2 b in our position i bet.

Stirling Albion haven't recovered from their promotion a few years back.

Some pars fans reckon they might even struggle 2 make play-offs.

We need a few wins and quick please

It's a long contract for a guys who's 33 and presumably one of our higher earners.

Heard at last week's game that he was offered a contract at Alloa but only until the end of this season. He wasn't interested as he wanted the longer deal.

Especially if we go down and we are stuck with a 34 year old on an exceptional wage. I would imagine Makel will be shunted out the door at the end of the season and we will have a Nicholl/Nish management pairing.

#PrayforCowden

Nish was indeed good in the 3-1 game, but it was against yourselves when you played marshall deep and pushed on the full backs and then got a man sent off when you re xhasing the game. Point being, he had lots of space to work in.

Happy with the signing player wise but off field no one really has a good word to say about him. Will see how it pans out. What formation will be go with now? I'm still a 3-5-2 kinda guy but would be more inclined to go 4-3-3. Kudus and the Herring on the flanks. Buchanan can be used as an impact sub and Higgins can sit on the bench.

Just read in the Central Fife Times about the fantastic donation the club is making to the fund for Mia Brett brilliant effort well done and thank you to the board who I have no doubt will be supporting that contribution I practical and personal terms .

I'm delighted he's signed for Cowden too!

Nah, you're in denial, Wilf

Get that harp out and sing the truth:

The Sons' Relegation Blues

Woke up this mornin'

But mah baby he had gone

Woke up this mornin'

But mah baby he had gone

To Cowdenbeath

That's why I'm just forlorn.

Depends what the Cowden fans expectations are. You're not going to get a power of running from Nish. He won't work his arse off the team. When conceding possession he'll blame teammates. He'll argue with the ref a lot.

But if you can live with that, you'll get a deceptively strong player who's link-up play can be excellent. He actually does win a lot in the air - particularly when defending corners. He'll knock in a few goals as well and is never short on confidence.

I think he'll do well with Cowden if played up front with someone who will do all the donkey-work for him.

Depends what the Cowden fans expectations are. You're not going to get a power of running from Nish. He won't work his arse off the team. When conceding possession he'll blame teammates. He'll argue with the ref a lot.

But if you can live with that, you'll get a deceptively strong player who's link-up play can be excellent. He actually does win a lot in the air - particularly when defending corners. He'll knock in a few goals as well and is never short on confidence.

I think he'll do well with Cowden if played up front with someone who will do all the donkey-work for him.

Cheers, know he won't be Messi, but we have had a few failures recently. Fingers crossed he does well.

We did have Gemmel and no-one could complain and argue more than him but he did OK and scored some decent goals.

Archived