Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nish isn't really a target man. I mean, he is a big target but he can't hold the ball at all and as others have said he has a tendency to shrink when he jumps for the ball. You'll need a striker running beyond him for him to be any use.

He gives us something different up front is maybe a different way of putting it then. Last tall striker who got a regular game was Lewis Coult! Nish hasn't been signed to sit on the bench, so it will be a different Cowden set up compared to what has been on offer this season. Hopefully it works out!

He gives us something different up front is maybe a different way of putting it then. Last tall striker who got a regular game was Lewis Coult! Nish hasn't been signed to sit on the bench, so it will be a different Cowden set up compared to what has been on offer this season. Hopefully it works out!

Yeah, he'll definitely give you another option up there. No offence but I hope it fails miserably :P

Personally I loved nish, bit of an unsung hero in my opinion, he tried to use his experience by trying to win alot of free kicks, but never got a lot by the referees, yes he can frustrate, but some fans think he's 8'7", with a massive head, and should win everything thing in the air, when we all know that is not possible, good luck to him, but not against us

Not a fan of nish but good luck to the big man. Hopefully the 3 signings plus kudos back and our injures players on the way back can improve results.

We need to raise it big time as livi just humped Dumbarton away and alloa just signed 2 strikers

Jimmy Nicholl is a fucking horrific manager with a terrible track record when it comes to signings. At least he's consistent though. Colin Nish is yet another player that Jimmy worked with all those years ago at Dunfermline.

This policy of signing players that Jimmy saw play 15 years ago has worked so far so we should really keep it going.

IN

Declan Hughes (St Mirren)

Colin Nish (Dumbarton)

Jordan Halsman (Free Agent)

John Herron (Loan - Celtic)

Robbie Buchanan (Development Loan - Hearts)

Jamie Sneddon (Apprentice Footballer)

Out of the whole team we have how many have played under Nicholl before at a different club? Sammy Stewart maybe? Nish - the one new signing who he worked with years ago.

His recent signings give me hope for the rest of the season. Let's give Nish a chance - one thing we have lacked this season is somebody to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Hopefully Nish can fulfill that role.

Looking forward to seeing Herron and Buchanan in action. Am I the only Cowden fan with any hope at all this season?

IN
Declan Hughes (St Mirren)
Colin Nish (Dumbarton)
Jordan Halsman (Free Agent)
John Herron (Loan - Celtic)
Robbie Buchanan (Development Loan - Hearts)
Jamie Sneddon (Apprentice Footballer)
Out of the whole team we have how many have played under Nicholl before at a different club? Sammy Stewart maybe? Nish - the one new signing who he worked with years ago.
His recent signings give me hope for the rest of the season. Let's give Nish a chance - one thing we have lacked this season is somebody to hold the ball up and bring others into play. Hopefully Nish can fulfill that role.
Looking forward to seeing Herron and Buchanan in action. Am I the only Cowden fan with any hope at all this season?

Sammy Stewart, Iain Campbell, Pat Scullion and now Colin Nish.

Am I the only Cowden fan with any hope at all this season?

You are fortunate enough not to attend many games. Try watching week in, week out and then see where that hope goes.

Yup, more of that will do. I've got a feeling though that we will look to punt balls up to him, when the Dumbarton supporters have said that isn't how he should be used.

Spot on, he can be effective but he's far better with balls played into his feet and chest than his head.

Jimmy has been persistent in his pursuit of Nish. Believe he was after him pre season. He's been looking for a big target man since last season, so now he's landed 1 hopefully it works out. Be interesting to see who else comes in now. 3 new players so far plus the injured players coming back gives the squad a bit more depth to it.

Ticks the big box but as I, and a few others have said, he's pretty poor in the air and not a target man.

He's a pretty terrible coach by all accounts, think he won about 3 games all season with our 20s.

Edit: Muzz, or whoever wants it is welcome to the 'Van Nishtelrooy Goalometer'. I hope it survives, the P&B institution that it is! I've even converted it to more Cowdeny colours

Colin 'Van Nishtelrooy' Official Goalometer 2014/15 - 2

Sammy Stewart, Iain Campbell, Pat Scullion and now Colin Nish.

You are fortunate enough not to attend many games. Try watching week in, week out and then see where that hope goes.

It's not as if I don't speak to folk about the games and see how the team got on. We were an embarrassment against Hibs and in all the other matches have lacked any real attacking threat?

Well now we have 2 attacking wingers and an experienced centre forward. That will help create some sort of attacking threat no? Now we're up against a team we've already beaten twice and people don't have any hope for it? Christ we're not as bad a team as people are making out.

4 signings isn't that many really. Stewart wasn't horrendous before his injuries, Scullion was signed for the reserve side and is on peanuts. I'll give you Campbell though :lol:

Spot on, he can be effective but he's far better with balls played into his feet and chest than his head.

Ticks the big box but as I, and a few others have said, he's pretty poor in the air and not a target man.

He's a pretty terrible coach by all accounts, think he won about 3 games all season with our 20s.

Edit: Muzz, or whoever wants it is welcome to the 'Van Nishtelrooy Goalometer'. I hope it survives, the P&B institution that it is! I've even converted it to more Cowdeny colours

Colin 'Van Nishtelrooy' Official Goalometer 2014/15 - 2

I'll happily take it over. Fully expect him to be in double digits come March. ;)

Archived