Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My impression was that the club is safe although budget must be slashed and costs must be cut. Lots of toing and froing between the board and the owners but the club bring big benefits to the running of the ground.

For a kick off meeting it was informative and useful.

Thanks.

Hearing Scott Linton a Archie Campbell have signed for Clyde.. Pity would have took both players for us in league one both could have done a job no problem surprised there both dropping to the bottoms division tbh.. Guessing Clyde must be paying a good wage also..

I don't rate Archie Campbell at all. Saying that he's a better foil for Nish than what we had, if we still have Nish?

The longer we have no manager the more handicapped we are to be ready for next season.

Need to get budget agreed, so we know what we can offer to new manager and players. There will be an e mail being sent out asking for proposals regarding fundraising, sponsorship etc. John Gardner dealing with this. If you want to be involved in this process then contact John, so you can be kept in the loop.

If we are going down a player manager route for me it would be a Barry Robson type would be cracking for us in league one is a well spoken guy seems to no the game very well.. An would be a cheaper than a lee mcCulloch. Wouldn't fancy him comes across as a bit if a billy big time on an off the pitch tbh. Out all stated tho would love johnatan johnansson seems like a cracking fit.. Defo need to get a new manger in the next couple of weeks so he can get players in an out or else other teams will snap up players.. Happening already..

I don't rate Archie Campbell at all. Saying that he's a better foil for Nish than what we had, if we still have Nish?

The longer we have no manager the more handicapped we are to be ready for next season.

Archie Campbell has signed for Clyde. Apparently we will also be signing Sean Higgins. What are your views on him?

Archie Campbell has signed for Clyde. Apparently we will also be signing Sean Higgins. What are your views on him?

Past it. The master of making himself look busy without doing anything meaningful.

Sean Higgins is shite.

Past it. The master of making himself look busy without doing anything meaningful.

Doesn't sound good. He was a player I rated when he was with Falkirk and Ross County but I've not seen him play for a few years now.

Campbell isn't great but he's very direct and should cause problems in the bottom tier.

Would have been a better option than any of our strikers this year mind you.

Is that really true though - Oyenuga, Higgins and Nish all had better League scoring records than Archie (3 goals in 34 games) and indeed Greig Spence (4 in 27 games. Two strikers that Cowden fans generally thought were washed up or not good enough were Liam Buchanan and Derek Lyle - look at their records

Any Cowden fans wanting added to the mailing list being set up to help with boosting club funds/assisting the club, please email Cowden.fans@gmail.com I'll be sending out an email later today.

Cheers

John g

Is that really true though - Oyenuga, Higgins and Nish all had better League scoring records than Archie (3 goals in 34 games) and indeed Greig Spence (4 in 27 games. Two strikers that Cowden fans generally thought were washed up or not good enough were Liam Buchanan and Derek Lyle - look at their records

Derek Lyle never broke sweat when he played for Cowden. Different player when he went to Queens.

See Johnston is the new townie manager today would have thot he would have been a good option for us tbh decent appointment from thm like. Hope wee appoint some in next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling for us..

Archived