Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Bournemouth have a multi millionaire owner and have debts of about 25 million I read.

Had a feeling Hemmings would struggle down south. Would be interesting to see him come back and sign for a top flight club to see how he would get on.

Its a long shot but what about Ian Durrant for manager. Hes been demoted at Rangers and is obviously earning good money but would someone like that not take a wage cut to get a crack at management. He has the potential to be a very good manager.

May the rumours commence on the managers job!! heard it may be a finnish person and NOT a Paateleinen (spelling...lol). Currently in a job as an U20S Manager. Ex Fin internationalist.

To be fair Bournemouth have a multi millionaire owner and have debts of about 25 million I read.

Had a feeling Hemmings would struggle down south. Would be interesting to see him come back and sign for a top flight club to see how he would get on.

It was more the "on the brink" of going out of business and then fighting their way back I was angling at. They had started that process before their millionaire owner got involved. His millions have certainly helped propell them to the Premiership and at a cost. The gamble has paid off for them fortunately, as the Premiership pays well.

Interesting interview with Craig Levein in today's Record about how to build/rebuild a club: start with an idea of what kind of club you want to be and how you want to play on the park. You then appoint a manager who will work with those goals in mind - and who will only sign players who will fit in with the required style of play.

I know people don't want to talk about last season, but unless you learn from your mistakes you can't progress. Every business knows that. Jimmy is a decent guy, but as a manager he is a good number 2. He never seemed clear about his best formation or his first pick; the result was drift, lack of consistency and frustration for players and fans. His signings seemed random, to say the least, and we ended up with an expensive but unbalanced squad, too many of whom ended up sitting on the bench or in the stand.

The off-field issues for the club are massive, but whether we like it or not, the owners hold the whip hand. We can't control that. What the chairman and board can do is to set out how they want the game to be played - given the obvious financial constraints - and to appoint a manager who will seek to implement these goals. That's what happened with Mixu - a young, untried manager who produced amazing results with a fairly limited low-cost squad (though he did have the fabulous Markus). Cowden have a good reputation for developing young managers, and there will be no lack of interest in the job. It would do no harm to have a closer look at Dumbarton - a club not dissimilar to our own. With a hungry young manager and a group of players who were no world-beaters but bought into the manager's philosophy, they have more than held their own in the championship.

I hope tonight's meeting goes well.

Interesting interview with Craig Levein in today's Record about how to build/rebuild a club: start with an idea of what kind of club you want to be and how you want to play on the park. You then appoint a manager who will work with those goals in mind - and who will only sign players who will fit in with the required style of play.

I know people don't want to talk about last season, but unless you learn from your mistakes you can't progress. Every business knows that. Jimmy is a decent guy, but as a manager he is a good number 2. He never seemed clear about his best formation or his first pick; the result was drift, lack of consistency and frustration for players and fans. His signings seemed random, to say the least, and we ended up with an expensive but unbalanced squad, too many of whom ended up sitting on the bench or in the stand.

The off-field issues for the club are massive, but whether we like it or not, the owners hold the whip hand. We can't control that. What the chairman and board can do is to set out how they want the game to be played - given the obvious financial constraints - and to appoint a manager who will seek to implement these goals. That's what happened with Mixu - a young, untried manager who produced amazing results with a fairly limited low-cost squad (though he did have the fabulous Markus). Cowden have a good reputation for developing young managers, and there will be no lack of interest in the job. It would do no harm to have a closer look at Dumbarton - a club not dissimilar to our own. With a hungry young manager and a group of players who were no world-beaters but bought into the manager's philosophy, they have more than held their own in the championship.

I hope tonight's meeting goes well.

Things would be much simpler for us if we were in control of our own destiny. The Brewsters owning the club is a noose around our neck and we seemingly have no way of removing it. If we couldn't do it when we were in the Championship, then there's less likelihood of it happening now. Surely a Cowdenbeath fan will win the Lottery 1 day! Get praying Ron!

May the rumours commence on the managers job!! heard it may be a finnish person and NOT a Paateleinen (spelling...lol). Currently in a job as an U20S Manager. Ex Fin internationalist.

Take it your thinking of Jonathan Johansson under 20 coach at Motherwell?

Its a long shot but what about Ian Durrant for manager. Hes been demoted at Rangers and is obviously earning good money but would someone like that not take a wage cut to get a crack at management. He has the potential to be a very good manager.

Nah f**k him. Wouldn't be one to get the fans on side. Part of that Rangers fiasco and strikes me as being old fashioned.

JJ would be fantastic though. Just the type of guy we need.

Nah f**k him. Wouldn't be one to get the fans on side. Part of that Rangers fiasco and strikes me as being old fashioned.

JJ would be fantastic though. Just the type of guy we need.

A young up coming coach like that would be the type of manager I would like, a guy starting out on the managerial ladder with a hunger to succeed.

Also he's done the Motherwell 20s side for a few years now and would know all the decent young players going around at the Premiership clubs who would be worth taking on loan.

A young up coming coach like that would be the type of manager I would like, a guy starting out on the managerial ladder with a hunger to succeed.

Also he's done the Motherwell 20s side for a few years now and would know all the decent young players going around at the Premiership clubs who would be worth taking on loan.

if he brings Craig Moore with him he can have the job.

Archived