Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Any Cowden fans wanting added to the mailing list being set up to help with boosting club funds/assisting the club, please email Cowden.fans@gmail.com I'll be sending out an email later today.

Cheers

John g

Great stuff, John. Thanks for your first fans' email - informative and to the point. The system will help to inform and involve supporters who live at a distance from CP. Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I was speaking about Campbell then you changed the subject. Don't know what > criteria you are using. If you mean scoring goals in the League then that equation is correct if you mean > in terms of better option then I have no idea as there is no basis given to make such a judgement. The simple point I was actually making was that Nish, Kudus and Higgins all had a better scoring record than Archie which makes them a better option on that objective criterion - no evidence given at all re any other criteria as to why Archie would be a better 'option' which presumably was gleaned on your observation of his play in the games you witnessed him in this season.

I understand both points Campbell may well have been a better player for cowden as we lacked an injection of pace at times but there's no proof that Campbell would have scored more than a Higgins or nish in fact the opposite Dumbarton scored more goals I think and would generally create more chances than cowden. Muzza is a very one minded individual with no room for acceptance on other peoples points. His view appears to be the only view acceptable in his mind. His opinions on players and tactics for example some are 100 percent correct but others are not. Case and point being Lewis Milne who's is a talented player with ability, that's not only my opinion but opinion of coaching staff for various clubs all of whom have played at a high level and know more about football for certain than a lad who thinks he knows better. Milne is not achieving his potential for certain! However to say we should release him is beyond a joke!!!!!

Cheers Ron,

Writing emails, that read well, isn't my strong point. I'll try to get them more organised in future. Getting a good response so far.

Hope to send out a message of the suggestions received on Monday . That way , if there's something that people feel they could enhance them, they can let us know and it can be brought up on Thursday

I understand both points Campbell may well have been a better player for cowden as we lacked an injection of pace at times but there's no proof that Campbell would have scored more than a Higgins or nish in fact the opposite Dumbarton scored more goals I think and would generally create more chances than cowden. Muzza is a very one minded individual with no room for acceptance on other peoples points. His view appears to be the only view acceptable in his mind. His opinions on players and tactics for example some are 100 percent correct but others are not. Case and point being Lewis Milne who's is a talented player with ability, that's not only my opinion but opinion of coaching staff for various clubs all of whom have played at a high level and know more about football for certain than a lad who thinks he knows better. Milne is not achieving his potential for certain! However to say we should release him is beyond a joke!!!!!

The one HUGE flaw in your argument is that I've said on countless occasions that Milne has ability. Go back and read my posts instead of making things up.

Dave hasn't said he thinks any player is better or worse than Campbell. I'm arguing with his rationale - not his opinions. Nice try though.

I'm more than happy to debate about players or tactics however that's not what we were debating about.

If anything you're being a hyppcrite saying im wrong about Milne but then saying I'm not allowed to state my opinions on events as that is deemed as 'one minded'.

Isn't everyone one minded?

P&B is all about opinions as soon as you post something on here or anywhere else there is always someone who sees things differently. That's life.

How often have you been at a game thinking a player has had a good game only to hear someone else criticising him.

Re Lewis, he is talented and has ability. The problem is he hasn't shown it all season apart from a couple of games. He seems to have been a really good prospect for a long time.

It may well be a confidence thing and another manager may well bring the best out of him, he seemed to be a better player when CC was still in charge but maybe that's just me that thinks that.

Absolutely, I thoroughly enjoy debating with CC. It doesn't mean I don't get on with him. We share very different views on the game and the thing about football is it's impossible for anyone to be definitively right. It's entirely subjective. I prefer someone like him who will give their views.

The day we stop debating is the day we stop caring. Would we waste that amount of time if we didn't care?

The one HUGE flaw in your argument is that I've said on countless occasions that Milne has ability. Go back and read my posts instead of making things up.

Dave hasn't said he thinks any player is better or worse than Campbell. I'm arguing with his rationale - not his opinions. Nice try though.

I'm more than happy to debate about players or tactics however that's not what we were debating about.

If anything you're being a hyppcrite saying im wrong about Milne but then saying I'm not allowed to state my opinions on events as that is deemed as 'one minded'.

Isn't everyone one minded?

Ok one question would you release Milne yes or no?

Lewis Milnes confidence has gone this year but there is no doubt that he has ability,I think we will see a better Lewis Milne this season.

Lewis gets some stick for not being physical but he never will be as he is not that type of player.

Lee McCulloch as player manager will ensure some physical challenges in the midfield if he were to be appointed ????

The Junction Bar will be holding the annual Player of the year awards from 8pm this Friday and is free entry.

Although we are dissapointed to be relegated this bash is another opportunity for us all to get together and move on from this season and look forward to next season.

3-0 to Kelty Hearts today - one more win and they will be in next year's Scottish Cup. Cowden old boy Scott Dalziel scored with a rocket of a free kick albeit Camelon's defensive wall was lined up all wrong.

when's the next game? missing the football already.

3-0 to Kelty Hearts today - one more win and they will be in next year's Scottish Cup. Cowden old boy Scott Dalziel scored with a rocket of a free kick albeit Camelon's defensive wall was lined up all wrong.

Good to see a local junior side doing well and who could potentially be in the Scottish Cup

Archived