f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

How are the new guys doing that have came in recently? Havent had a chance to see them because of work at weekends.

Neill is a bit of raw talent, good player but cost us a couple of goals in his first games more than capable at this level and would probably be ok at premier level with Motherwell.

Murray has loads of energy and likes to get stuck in. like Neill he is a young guy and made 2-3 mistakes since joining but his energy and aggression have made him useful

Robertson in the 45 min he has played was very good, in all the combinations of midfielders we have had over the last three seasons, last week was a different level in terms of the speed the ball was moved at as well as ball retention, when Ayr had the ball we looked like we would score, the same could be said for Stirling though, again probably a level above McLaughlin

Preston looked ok in the first half last week, did ok, plenty of running but not much else, after Forrest moved back to midfield he was used more and looks like a decent player at this level while only 19, tall, strong and quick

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall says on the match preview that McGovern will be captain until the end of the season.....

A few lines to read between there

Bit weird as he has been captain for the last wee while anyway?

With Murphy coming back and Forrest also fit, I'm totally baffled as to what our 'strongest' team is now.

Bit weird as he has been captain for the last wee while anyway?

With Murphy coming back and Forrest also fit, I'm totally baffled as to what our 'strongest' team is now.

Tried to write up what i felt was the strongest team but couldn't fit everyone in :lol:

For me the biggest problem at the minute is JP, he was fine at CB 'cos there was no-one else but we have better options in midfield. We need to keep away from the McGovern/Gilmour midfield which got us in this mess in the first place.

Tried to write up what i felt was the strongest team but couldn't fit everyone in :lol:

For me the biggest problem at the minute is JP, he was fine at CB 'cos there was no-one else but we have better options in midfield. We need to keep away from the McGovern/Gilmour midfield which got us in this mess in the first place.

Can't help but think McCall wasted our last loan by bringing the lad McKenna in. He looked perfectly competent at Peterhead but even if Murphy proves not to be fit enough to complete the season I think we had enough cover to see us through.

We're still not creating nearly enough so I would have preferred a more attack minded player - Andy Stirling who's just joined Stirling from Dunfermline would have been a good addition.

6ft 3 with physical strength and can win heiders . Smashing but im afraid hes not gonna keep us in the League . Does anyone know what Blakeman and the other wee boy from Aberdeen has brought . Few games past and ive not seen or read anything about them doing much during games . All good and well bringing in Spl loan signings but they have to make an impact . Nothing coming from them just now . Give the boy Preston time as he might get us 6 goals till the end of the season but the rest . Come on lads time to step up .

Blakeman and Murray had excellent games again Stirling. I think they are better suited to 442 than 352. I hope Blakeman is back in the side today, him and Donald have shown signs of developing a good partnership.

The midfield in the Stirling game reminded me a bit of the early days of Sinclair, McStay and Crawford. When we had the ball we looked like we would score, when we didn't have the ball we didn't look capable of getting it back and were almost steamrollered at points.

Murray likes to get stuck in, hopefully with Murphy coming back it will allow Devlin to move to the right and Murray can play in the middle where McCall says he wants to play him. See if he can be the one to make challenges

Archived