f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Rutkiewicz signed an eighteen month deal with East Fife, so his contact is due to expire mid July next year. East Fife fans also reckon he's due to retire.

Sounds like a bollocks rumour to me.

Yeah same here, Rutkiewicz isnt really up to much anyway

On a similar level of ability we will sign Martyn Campbell after coming through 5 mins midweek and pay him for close to f**k all for the rest of the season

The Academy is working down Ayr way , whatever happens this Season take a longer view and the only way is Up !

League Two will still have relegation next season. Still, it takes a particularly strange subtype of 'youth development' roaster to read great things from their, err, loss to Junior sides, not to mention their 'breakthrough' into a first-team that doesn't in any way have to do with your club being too skint, crap and burdened with a rubbish manager incapable of signing credible League One targets.

Keep it up though, terrific entertainment value.

League Two will still have relegation next season. Still, it takes a particularly strange subtype of 'youth development' roaster to read great things from their, err, loss to Junior sides, not to mention their 'breakthrough' into a first-team that doesn't in any way have to do with your club being too skint, crap and burdened with a rubbish manager incapable of signing credible League One targets.

Keep it up though, terrific entertainment value.

To be fair to you VT, at least your team is in the same division now to make your continual obsession with Ayr look less creepy on these pages. ;)

The Academy will be working when we have decent players, playing well consistently, in a decent team at a decent level.

Forrest is close to becoming the one and only product for Ayr United, so far, but the others mentioned have mostly been thrown in for a pre-season friendly as there is literally nobody else.

It's a bit wearing hearing continual chat about how well the Academy is doing when it's produced next to no players in its eight, or whatever, years of existence. We were hearing this nonsense when the likes of Ally Woodburn was disgracing the jersey, during brief substitute appearances.

Quote " The Academy will be working when we have decent players, playing well consistently, in a decent team at a decent level."

Considering Mark Wotte ( SFA Head of Youth Development ) continually quotes 2020 as the earliest you will see our National Youth programme produce players at National Level I think the Ayr United Youth Academy is bang on track if , as you say , it has only been in existence for 8 years.

When you think the youngest teams are u11s and that some of the most promising prospects in the Academy are only 15 & 16 years old and already have quite a bit of Reserve / u20 games under their belt then its on course to get your Club where you want to be.

For Years Kilmarnock FC had the pick of all the best talent in Ayrshire , that is now no longer the case as the Ayr United Youth Academy is starting to be recognised further afield.

Anyone who thinks anybody but the odd player at that age will make the required standard is deluded.

There is also a massive difference between creating a generation capable at International level, and Ayr getting someone, anyone, half-decent at League One level.

And it's not like Killie have produced anyone of note either.

IF you don't think Ayrshire has young talented footballers your just plain daft. Ayr Utd fans may not like a list of Killie Youth Products , Killie's Youth system did have a Head Start and were able to get an early advantage and build a gap , a gap that is now closing - fast but I will start you off with :

Steven Naismith - £2 Million to Rangers

Kris Boyd - £500,000 from memory to Rangers

Craig Bryson - £350,000 sold on the cheap by a Club desperate for cash at the time to Derby County.

IF Naismith does move from Everton this close season the transfer fee could be astronomical if the rumours about Fulham's interest were true, are those players not " of note " ?

I sometimes despair of Scottish Football Fans but at least on the Honest Page the youngsters who played against Crusaders are getting some praise , Forest was the first , there are more coming up behind him but they will need support from the terraces through thick and thin before they become the finished article .

Here is the rub though , when they are the finished article , you need another kid in the pipeline , because as Killie know the really good kids move on to bigger things , The well run Scottish Club banks the Fee and looks to its Youth for the replacement in a continual cycle.

Quote " Boyd and Naysmith were about a decade ago".

Glad we can agree that these were young players from Ayrshire who went on to have careers in football " of note " because a local Ayrshire Football Club gave them the chance to develop into Professional Players.

Now you have stated that Ayr United Youth Academy has been in existence for 8 years , you seem to rate Forest , lets just see what this season and the next and the next etc brings as there is alot of work going on that maybe goes unnoticed and unseen.

Those two players alone brought in £2.5 MILLION , what would that type of income mean to a Club like Ayr United ?

Quote " Boyd and Naysmith were about a decade ago".

Glad we can agree that these were young players from Ayrshire who went on to have careers in football " of note " because a local Ayrshire Football Club gave them the chance to develop into Professional Players.

Now you have stated that Ayr United Youth Academy has been in existence for 8 years , you seem to rate Forest , lets just see what this season and the next and the next etc brings as there is alot of work going on that maybe goes unnoticed and unseen.

Those two players alone brought in £2.5 MILLION , what would that type of income mean to a Club like Ayr United ?

Yeah that's the only two and they are well before the period we are discussing. Killie won't make that money again, far less Ayr.

Once the Academy produces these players, I will be more than happy to acknowledge it's working.

Yeah that's the only two and they are well before the period we are discussing. Killie won't make that money again, far less Ayr.

Once the Academy produces these players, I will be more than happy to acknowledge it's working.

Cliche Guevara - You are correct in the fact that the " Up Front Fees " for players are probably lower now.

A more recent example of a young Ayrshire youngster is Mathew Kennedy ( I believe from Prestwick ) whom Killie banked a reported £150,000 from Everton for. However , these deals are now structured in a way that the " Development Club " share in a percentage of future Fees during the players career ( sell on Clauses ).

I also believe that young Kennedy has been training Pre-Season with the Toffees first team squad after being out on loan at Tranmere & M K Dons so this young lad is also set IMO for a career " of note ".

I might be completely mistaken here, but isn't a large part of the DKB's first team made up of academy graduates? Barbour and Johnston are the two that immediately spring to my mind but i'm sure there's a few others. Also they sold that Matthew Kennedy to Everton for a fee i'm sure he was a youth product?

I'm not really sure why you're bashing the Academy tbh. They are trying, these things don't just happen overnight. The fact that Alan Forrest, Robbie Crawford and Jonathan Tiffoney have had relatively successful spells in the first team is a step in the right direction. Hopefully a couple of Wardrobe/McCracken/Nisbet etc can make the step up in the coming years also.

Update from The Academy on the Weekends Joe Meldrum Trophy :

http://www.aufa.org.uk/2014/07/academy-20s-in-action-at-the-joe-meldrum-memorial-trophy/

The Squad may be U20 but Craig Love , David Richardson , Jai Holland , Jarod Kiefer were all born 1998 and at least a couple of them are still only 15 !

Just before anybody says a 2-1 defeat against a Junior Team is not very good , even one that got to the Junior Cup Final !

Archived