f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Ayr finished this Match with 6 Academy Players on the Pitch . Great to see Forest and wee " Pedro " on the score sheet.

Its maybe not Ajax just yet ( I despair sometimes ) but from small acorns and all that.

Who were all the youth players from the bench? I'm assuming the centre half was McCracken? Who was the left back and centre forward? Only caught there first names.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going forward we looked ok. The defense just not physical enough and will be torn to shreds if we don't get at least another strong centre half on board.

Would liked to have seen some more trialists tonight. Donnelly I think has done enough to take a gamble on.

I thought the back 4 were solid enough in the first half. McArthur didn't look out of place IMHO anyway. The sub who came on for Campbell didn't play particularly well, but i thought the left back that came on did OK.

Who were all the youth players from the bench? I'm assuming the centre half was McCracken? Who was the left back and centre forward? Only caught there first names.

Wasnt there but im sure it was Andrew Muir who was the left back

Peter - I was at u12s training tonight BUT Ayr have a clutch of good young strikers coming through , I think the player you saw tonight may have been Sean McKenzie ( big lad for his age who holds it up well ) , the other two are Ryan Nisbet ( who has pace to burn ) and the even younger Jai Holland. You might see all three at some point this season.

The Full Back probably was Andy Muir , again has plenty of pace and had a really good season at u19s last year.

I wouldn't be overly confident.

Decent performances from the young guys , but we are nowhere near strong enough to compete in the league. We will get horsed by stronger teams than Hurlford

Peter - I was at u12s training tonight BUT Ayr have a clutch of good young strikers coming through , I think the player you saw tonight may have been Sean McKenzie ( big lad for his age who holds it up well ) , the other two are Ryan Nisbet ( who has pace to burn ) and the even younger Jai Holland. You might see all three at some point this season.

The Full Back probably was Andy Muir , again has plenty of pace and had a really good season at u19s last year

All i care about is this season i see you are a scum supporter no offence and all i know is if the fat yank sticks to his words that other one Roberts will be gone from my club

I thought the back 4 were solid enough in the first half. McArthur didn't look out of place IMHO anyway. The sub who came on for Campbell didn't play particularly well, but i thought the left back that came on did OK.

Overall the youngsters played well, Peter McGill particularly impressing again. Forrest at times ghosted past players and has certainly filled out over the summer, I think he will certainly get more game time this year. I rate Josh McArthur but if he continues to steam into the back of guys he's asking for trouble. Even with Campbell on in the first half we still cannot defend cross balls, on one occasion Hurlford had two free headers within 2 minutes.

As said before I hope Roberts gets Donnelly tied up on a deal soon.

All i care about is this season i see you are a scum supporter no offence and all i know is if the fat yank sticks to his words that other one Roberts will be gone from my club

No Offence taken LOL , yes I do support Kilmarnock but have stood in the Somerset Road end last season hoping Ayr win ( Rangers game ) .

Mark Roberts played for Kilmarnock , I watched him break through as a kid under Tommy Burns , I saw him score a cracker of a diving header at Ibrox in a game we won 2-1 first season back up in the Premier League. I hope he picked things up from Tommy in how to bring on kids. I think he is on record as saying he never supported Killie as a youngster though but he was a good player in his day and IMO if he can keep Ayr in the Division this season while blooding the Kids he will have done well.

My youngest plays in the u12s and having been " scouted " by Ayr 18 months ago has now changed allegiances and I have had to buy him a scarf etc. I do have an elder son in the u20s who joined Ayr from Heart of Midlothian.

Having seen alot of Youth Football over the last 6 or 7 years including the " Elite " Level I can only tell you that Ayr have alot of good quality kids in their system , however , as a fan of your team you are not alone in just caring about the coming season as I have the same type arguments with fellow Killie fans on Killiefc.com , however I do think that things will get better for Ayr United but you may have to take a longer term view.

The Full Back probably was Andy Muir , again has plenty of pace and had a really good season at u19s last year.

Yeah it was Sean they were calling him.

Whether on not we'll beat Clyde is still up for debate. I thought McLaughlin had a really poor game, didn't seem to have his usual energy. I'm not too sure about Donnelly either. He had a few good touches and looked like he might be a talent but he didn't seem interested at all. Probably worth a punt, but i doubt Marko is the man to turn his career around.

Our biggest problem is that we are so lightweight in midfield. Forrest, McGill + Gilmour aren't likely to win the ball back.

McKinlay is a left back? Cause he would free Donald further forward, which would be a massive lift for the team.

Overall the youngsters played well, Peter McGill particularly impressing again. Forrest at times ghosted past players and has certainly filled out over the summer, I think he will certainly get more game time this year. I rate Josh McArthur but if he continues to steam into the back of guys he's asking for trouble. Even with Campbell on in the first half we still cannot defend cross balls, on one occasion Hurlford had two free headers within 2 minutes.

As said before I hope Roberts gets Donnelly tied up on a deal soon.

Forrest linked up particularly well with JP i thought. Forrest played like he was one of the senior pro's also IMHO leading most of our attacks.

Fair points on McArthur he was firing into a lot of rash challenges. He made a couple of 'clever' professional fouls also.

I think Roberts has to give them their chance Saturday, then panic buy next week if we get a good scudding!

I'm not too sure about Donnelly either. He had a few good touches and looked like he might be a talent but he didn't seem interested at all. Probably worth a punt, but i doubt Marko is the man to turn his career around.

That sounds about right. Lots of potential there but never seemed to be too bothered...

McKinlay is a left back? Cause he would free Donald further forward, which would be a massive lift for the team.

Has Keggsy been played in central defence? He's a far more accomplished left-back than he is a centre-back. He should only be fielded in the middle if absolutely necessary - his played there a few times for us last season and never looked assured. Twelve months ago, Martyn Corrigan fancied beginning him alongside Ross McMillan but the concession of eight goals in our first two games quickly prompted a rethink.

Has Keggsy been played in central defence? He's a far more accomplished left-back than he is a centre-back. He should only be fielded in the middle if absolutely necessary - his played there a few times for us last season and never looked assured. Twelve months ago, Martyn Corrigan fancied beginning him alongside Ross McMillan but the concession of eight goals in our first two games quickly prompted a rethink.

I imagine he will be playing centre half, seen as, em we don't have any.

Guest honestrae95

Keggsy will be played at left back this season, that of which i'm quite sure. Unless of course Marko doesnt fancy McArthur/ Bobo gets injured again then he will have to be played there. We badly need another centrehalf.

Keggsy will be played at left back this season, that of which i'm quite sure. Unless of course Marko doesnt fancy McArthur/ Bobo gets injured again then he will have to be played there. We badly need another centrehalf.

But Roberts doesn't fancy McArthur and Bobo will get injured again...

Given McKinlay has already played at centre-back in pre-season and Roberts was quoted as saying when he signed "Primarily he will be a left back however he can slot into other postions" I think its safe to say we'll see McKinlay at centre-back this season, probably alongside Scott McLaughlin or a returning Kyle McAusland at some point.

We badly need two centre-backs and a left-back (given McKinlay's injury record) IMO.

Oh, and two strikers.

But Roberts doesn't fancy McArthur and Bobo will get injured again...

Given McKinlay has already played at centre-back in pre-season and Roberts was quoted as saying when he signed "Primarily he will be a left back however he can slot into other postions" I think its safe to say we'll see McKinlay at centre-back this season, probably alongside Scott McLaughlin or a returning Kyle McAusland at some point.

We badly need two centre-backs and a left-back (given McKinlay's injury record) IMO.

Oh, and two strikers.

I find that all a bit too optimistic, what happens if Gilmour / McLaughlin gets injured / suspended ?

Archived