Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

Keane turned down Celtic to be assistant at Villa?

:lol:

Keane would have needed to have been offered the Celtic job first.

Will be interesting to see if Celtic go for a Scottish manager. 1 manager in 16 years or whatever it is

Why interesting?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Celtic board want more ST sales, they should be trying the very very best they can to get Larsson.

Larsson won't leave. It'll be Clarke or Malky

I anticipate a new name to be favourite by tomorrow morning. The media haven't a clue because Celtic and the contenders are staying tight lipped. They got stuff from Martin O'Neill, bur asides from that they're just looking at the bookies odds. The bookies haven't a clue either, they just move the odds around to protect themselves if a lot of punters are favouring a particular candidate, and to stir up betting. It's been stale for 24 hours, so one of the bookies will drop the odds on someone, the others will follow suit, and there will be a new favourite in the tabloids tomorrow.

Now that the Keane debacle is put to rest Steve Clark would be my choice before Malky , mainly because of his CL experience albeit only as assistant .

If Keane ends up at Villa I reckon it's only a matter of time before he replaces Lambert.

Sandy Clark is available. Give him a go

“@tedermeatballs: Ronny Deila has emerged as serious candidate for Celtic job. Expect official approach to be made today. Told this could move swiftly.”

Now that the Keane debacle is put to rest Steve Clark would be my choice before Malky , mainly because of his CL experience albeit only as assistant .

If Keane ends up at Villa I reckon it's only a matter of time before he replaces Lambert.

That crossed my mind also.

I anticipate a new name to be favourite by tomorrow morning. The media haven't a clue because Celtic and the contenders are staying tight lipped. They got stuff from Martin O'Neill, bur asides from that they're just looking at the bookies odds. The bookies haven't a clue either, they just move the odds around to protect themselves if a lot of punters are favouring a particular candidate, and to stir up betting. It's been stale for 24 hours, so one of the bookies will drop the odds on someone, the others will follow suit, and there will be a new favourite in the tabloids tomorrow.

Telt yis.. 8) Ronnie Deila now favourite on most bookie sites. I'd keep your money in your pockets though..

Cue absolutely anyone with any sort of interest in this looking at each other uneasily. No idea what this guy has done to get a team from struggling to league winning in five years, but it's probably worth looking at.

A total dunderhead could manage Sellic and they will still win the league next year, so why not get a manager who can find his feet next year and lie in wait for Sevco, Jambos etc in a few years. An ex-player will have the background for the job.

Jaqui Mascara gets my vote. The Arabs pinched him from us. He had us playing open, attractive, expansive football, and this is the same at Uni-tit. Sellic also play a more cavalier game and this should fit in OK.

A total dunderhead could manage Sellic and they will still win the league next year,

We need someone who can also qualify for the Champions League

I really don't think some people understand for Celtic the league isn't the only priority

You mean not get knocked out in the qualifying rounds by Famagusta, Malmo or some other wee dumpling provincial team from a foreign country?

And how would Keano have helped a self-destruct in these situations?

You have to win the league to even get a chance of getting buggered in the qualifying rounds!

You mean not get knocked out in the qualifying rounds by Famagusta, Malmo or some other wee dumpling provincial team from a foreign country?

And how would Keano have helped a self-destruct in these situations?

You have to win the league to even get a chance of getting buggered in the qualifying rounds!

None of they teams have knocked us out the qualifying stages champ.

Keane isn't going to be Celtic manager. Unlucky

As you said, anyone could win the league with Celtic, hence why we need to look at someone we think could take us into the CL group stages at the very least.

Archived