The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting extremely tight now at the top. Rob Roy straight up after a great win today, Shettleston still got they're noses infront with Glencairn, Kilsyth and Cumbernauld now very close behind. Would guess it will be a lot clearer in 10 days time.

At the bottom massive result for Vics today so probably looking like Thorniewood, Largs, Ardeer with the 4th relegation very tight!

Getting extremely tight now at the top. Rob Roy straight up after a great win today, Shettleston still got they're noses infront with Glencairn, Kilsyth and Cumbernauld now very close behind. Would guess it will be a lot clearer in 10 days time.

At the bottom massive result for Vics today so probably looking like Thorniewood, Largs, Ardeer with the 4th relegation very tight!

There's 6 teams still in it (ie anyone under Greenock), with Yoker obviously having a considerable amount of games in hand to try to escape it. If they do then it's 4 out of the 5 to go down. Anyone could finish bottom or survive, it's just all about form now and how you finish your campaign.

Massive games for us against Neilston and Ardeer in the next few weeks. If we can even get 3 or 4 pts we'd be in with a decent shout. Any less than that and it could be curtains.

If we have our nose in front its severely blocked .......Playing gash

Our next three games will go a long way to deciding our promotion chances. Rob Roy at home, Maybole away, Cumbernauld away. We'll see where we are after these three games. It's still a long shot for us, but all we can do is try to keep winning and see where it takes us.

Before we went to Pollok at the start of March I was concerned about relegation. We had taken 1 point from 15 and had slipped to 10th place. I looked at our fixtures and estimated that we needed 5 wins from our 11 remaining matches to be safe, but with the way things were going for us at that time I was struggling to be confident where those 5 wins would come from. Then came the win at Pollok out of the blue, and four matches later we have 15 points out of 15, a dramatic change from the previous 5 games.

We're not arithmetically safe yet as things stand, but we will be shortly as I think 33 points will now keep us up easily. We now have six big games (our final three are Rob Roy away, Shettleston at home and Yoker at home) and we'll see where that takes us. All of them are hard games, but we're up there with these teams at the moment so there's no reason not to think we can compete and win the games.

It sure beats fighting relegation anyway.

I know a lot of teams have still to play each other but the maximum points the top seven teams could win are

Pollok 67

KRR 62

Shettleston 58

Rutherglen 51

Cumbernauld 50

Kilsyth 47

Maybole 46

Teams like Kilsyth and Maybole have points already while the likes of Shettleston have nine still to play, the play off slot could go to the last games of the season but it's increasingly looking like Rob Roy and Pollok for promotion.

Yes well done to Greenock on another good away win. Some great away wins this season, and if things can improve at home, which there have been signs of as of late, i see no reason why they can't look up the table next season.

On the downside it looks as though i'll have to share a thread with Glensmad for another season.

If we have our nose in front its severely blocked .......Playing gash

Was reading Mr Kelly got himself into trouble after the game yesterday and the ton got a couple of red cards.

You guys may be going through a sticky spell but expect you will still be in the mix come the end of the season for second or third.

Rob roy are the form team in the league at the minute and hitting it at a very important time.

While I still feel we will get enough points for automatic promotion I think KRR may catch us for the league.

We haven't played well since we beat Hurlford in the west and have lost our last 3 home games.

Missing a couple of players just now but maybe shows our depth in squad when our results can just drop off.

KRR yesterday were well deserving of their 3 points bar the first 20 minutes I don't think we troubled them and the way we played we made Carter look like a world class defender!!

But fair play to the guy as that was some whack he took when he hit the barrier and still continued.

Think it's still a tough ask to catch Pollok. Our run won't last forever (hope it does but it won't),even if we win game in hand we will still be trailing pollok who still have a better goal difference despite yesterday's scoreline.

I have seen a lot of J.Carter over the last 8 or 9 years playing for the Roy well bar 1 season at Pollok and like most junior players he has his strengths and weaknesses as a player but yesterday as a person he showed excellent character and lead by example as captain, a captaincy i thought Paul Finnegan should have had this season but Carter yesterday showed why the manager gave him the armband.

On the downside it looks as though i'll have to share a thread with Glensmad for another season.

Lol. ;-) I'm not quite sure where that's come from because I've never really noticed your posts in particular before, but you clearly have noticed mine. I'll take that as a compliment. ;-)

By the way, you don't HAVE to share a thread with me, you have a choice whether to read it, and nobody forces you to reply. You do it because, deep down, you actually want to. It's not rocket science. ;-)

Was reading Mr Kelly got himself into trouble after the game yesterday and the ton got a couple of red cards.

You guys may be going through a sticky spell but expect you will still be in the mix come the end of the season for second or third.

The 1st red card was shocking ,the linesman signalled after the largs no6 lashed out with his boot at our player.In fairness our player had flicked out a boot towards their player beforehand so why not signal then....he is guilty but the no6 should also go for retaliation....

The other red cards I cant comment on but the display of the referee and assistants was woeful...

On the game we were poor 2nd to most balls and never created much....Largs were not much better,but got the break with the goal..

as for still being in the mix.....maybes aye maybes naw....Thorniewood on wednesday now....not a happy ground for us always seem to struggle....

Archived