The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cumbernauld v Pollok - This is a really hard one to call. Cumbernauld are bang on form and at home, and by some accounts I've heard they gave Petershill a bit of a doin' yesterday. Pollok will be looking to stretch away from Rob Roy again, and will be looking at this as a chance to close in on the title.

Glencairn v Shettleston - Glens need one point to be officially safe, but like their opponents are down to the bare bones player-wise. Yesterday we only had 12 fit first team players, so we had to call on the 21s to help again. I'm not sure how many (if any) are back for tomorrow night. Shettleston will no doubt be highly motivated with the big prize of promotion in sight.

2 coaches played 1 player who's been out 6 month injured 2 amateur players managers son 1 player who's signed but hasn't played all season due to work rest fringe players

Have to say really not a fan of bringing in players at the end of the season to help with squad rotation, surely there is a rule in place to stop that?!

Have to say really not a fan of bringing in players at the end of the season to help with squad rotation, surely there is a rule in place to stop that?!

There certainly wasn't such a rule in recent seasons when Pollok used their ties with Colville Park to good effect by bringing in some top amateur players for their end of season games.

There certainly wasn't such a rule in recent seasons when Pollok used their ties with Colville Park to good effect by bringing in some top amateur players for their end of season games.

Wasn't aware of that. Very disappointing, other teams play with the same squad all season so can't see how it is fair to bring 'ringers' in when the players get tired!

Wasn't aware of that. Very disappointing, other teams play with the same squad all season so can't see how it is fair to bring 'ringers' in when the players get tired!

Actually,they don't,and such an arrangement was by no means exclusive to Pollok...it just attracted more attention since they were a high profile side playing high profile amateurs.

Anyone from Cumbernauld or Kirky know if there's any threat to the game tomorrow? Know the pitch has been struggling.

Think your going you get lucky with the weather as tomorrow has to be decent with Tuesday Wednesday wet which doesn't bode well for our game with glencairn Wednesday.

Predictions tomorrow

What I think will happen

Cumbernauld 2 v Pollok 2

Glencairn 1 v Shettleston 2

What I hope happens

Score draw Cumbernauld game which i think it will be, glencairn win.

My understanding is that, after 31st March, you can only register players who have not been registered with any junior side earlier that same season. There is nothing to stop you playing players as trialists in league matches if they have been released by their previous clubs, you just can't sign and register a player who has been registered earlier that season at junior level. The trialists can't play in cup ties, but they can play league matches.

I think the big issue with Pollok a few years ago was that the play-offs at that time were played under league rules, and Pollok took advantage of that to bring in a few "trialists" whose season had ended with other clubs and had been released by their clubs. I think the rule has now been changed to stop that happening, and the play-offs are now being played under cup rules, meaning it's registered players only.

My understanding is that, after 31st March, you can only register players who have not been registered with any junior side earlier that same season. There is nothing to stop you playing players as trialists in league matches if they have been released by their previous clubs, you just can't sign and register a player who has been registered earlier that season at junior level. The trialists can't play in cup ties, but they can play league matches.

I think the big issue with Pollok a few years ago was that the play-offs at that time were played under league rules, and Pollok took advantage of that to bring in a few "trialists" whose season had ended with other clubs and had been released by their clubs. I think the rule has now been changed to stop that happening, and the play-offs are now being played under cup rules, meaning it's registered players only.

We signed Graeme McLaren who had started the season with Pollok and left, Jamie Docherty and Ross Hepburn. All 3 signed for the season after.

I could be wrong glens,but I don't seem to remember Pollok and the Colville boys being involved in any play-offs at the time to which I was alluding.

No doubt you'll be able to consult some well-thumbed tome and produce some stats that will blow my statement right oot the watter though. :(

:lol:

I could be wrong glens,but I don't seem to remember Pollok and the Colville boys being involved in any play-offs at the time to which I was alluding.

No doubt you'll be able to consult some well-thumbed tome and produce some stats that will blow my statement right oot the watter though. :(

:lol:

I was referring to when Pollok were in the play-offs at the end of season 2011-12, and there was some debate about the players Pollok used in those matches. It was all above board, of course, but it produced much debate at the time. I have no knowledge of anything to do with Colville.

I was referring to when Pollok were in the play-offs at the end of season 2011-12, and there was some debate about the players Pollok used in those matches. It was all above board, of course, but it produced much debate at the time. I have no knowledge of anything to do with Colville.

The games I had in mind took place before these dates though,interestingly(or not :( ), one of the players involved was in the Colville cup final squad on Friday night. :)

The games I had in mind took place before these dates though,interestingly(or not :( ), one of the players involved was in the Colville cup final squad on Friday night. :)

Maybe thinking of Lanark v Clydebank? Lanark used Paul Macaulay in both legs of the playoff v the Bankies as a Trialist. He had been with Pollok at the start of that season but gone back amateur. Rules at that time meant he could play as a Trialist but could not be signed for exactly the reasons Glensmad states, since then the rules were tightened up so that only signed players can play in the playoffs.

Ok we just get breaks, we get help from powers that be, we are a average side, shettleston are brilliant you win happy now i hope.

Wait can't have that would like to address some of your nonsense, we have three players on loan, one has been in and out the team, one only came into team two months ago and Watt who himself hasn't been here long will be signing for us next season.

On your comment on us being a team most dislike in the league how ironic as i always had shettleston down as that! We have took decent number to all our away games and had good chat and banter and welcome from every team so got no idea where you are getting that from.

Finally we have played 8 games and 1 friendly game in a month. Not exactly sparse number of fixtures.

Maybe thinking of Lanark v Clydebank? Lanark used Paul Macaulay in both legs of the playoff v the Bankies as a Trialist. He had been with Pollok at the start of that season but gone back amateur. Rules at that time meant he could play as a Trialist but could not be signed for exactly the reasons Glensmad states, since then the rules were tightened up so that only signed players can play in the playoffs.

Nah,definitely Pollok mate.

Calm down little Roy boy your getting mighty upset there! Just pointing out some facts much the same as I see you doing regularly on here. 8 games in a month towns played 12 players not rested against Pollok players all injured or carrying knocks. As for boy on loan from clyde smashing player just saying your side would be ordinary without him. I would guess he's been responsible for your recent good form and that if you had not borrowed him you would have dropped a few more points, just my opinion on what I've seen and heard. Anyways I've been told our manager has told clyde Shettleston will have first call on any players they have surplus and that includes this boy or clyde relocation to Shettleston wont happen. Just what I've heard may or may not be true but could be your star loan player could be wearing all white next season and not Dennis the menace outfit.

Calm down little Roy boy your getting mighty upset there! Just pointing out some facts much the same as I see you doing regularly on here. 8 games in a month towns played 12 players not rested against Pollok players all injured or carrying knocks. As for boy on loan from clyde smashing player just saying your side would be ordinary without him. I would guess he's been responsible for your recent good form and that if you had not borrowed him you would have dropped a few more points, just my opinion on what I've seen and heard. Anyways I've been told our manager has told clyde Shettleston will have first call on any players they have surplus and that includes this boy or clyde relocation to Shettleston wont happen. Just what I've heard may or may not be true but could be your star loan player could be wearing all white next season and not Dennis the menace outfit.

Archived