The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

If Rob Roy's game off tmrw do you think it will be played after their Yoker tie? Why are these last 3 games for Rob Roy being played so far apart? Why not get them over in a week or 10 days allowing for Cumbernauld cup tie. Town had to play 3 games a week for 4/5 consecutive weeks. I don't think Rob Roy have played 3 games in a week once or if they have it is once. Definitely stinks! Opponents having to wait unessecarily to finish their season.

I don't think there is anything untoward about the fixture situation. I well remember "The Fixtures Man" was

anything but a popular figure during two successive Rob Roy title wins enjoyed under John Richardson. For

those that were involved remember one on the field presentation was held up for several minutes, when

the Fixtures Man went onto his phone to speak to someone - leaving captain Stephen McPeake, players, backroom staff, officials and crowd waiting! Then it was "here you are", no speech and off the park quicker than Jim Murphy takes to resign.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rob Roy's game off tmrw do you think it will be played after their Yoker tie? Why are these last 3 games for Rob Roy being played so far apart? Why not get them over in a week or 10 days allowing for Cumbernauld cup tie. Town had to play 3 games a week for 4/5 consecutive weeks. I don't think Rob Roy have played 3 games in a week once or if they have it is once. Definitely stinks! Opponents having to wait unessecarily to finish their season.

I've said a few times on here that Rob Roy have had it easy in terms of fixtures this season but if this scenario is allowed to be played out then it not only confirms my thoughts it would be a disgrace imo. It's not about any club or clubs doing each other favours it's a situation being allowed to develop that puts clubs in a position were accusations can and will be made if it plays out the way I for one think it may. It would show the junior game in a bad light. Any more opinions on this unbelievable possibility? Surely Irvine vics followers are concerned or other town supporters, what about motor mouth otherwise known as Rob Roy Guy you usually have plenty to say???

Let's put this to bed right now.

We have had 12 games scheduled between the start of the mid week games on april 15th and may 23rd . Shettleston have had 12 games allocated by the fixture man in the same time period . That's the fixture man doing his job right giving a equal amount of fixtures to us both.

We have had two call offs in the time due to a combination of bad weather and cumbernauld having played on the pitch two days before our game.

Cumbernauld at home april 27th , our game off april 29th

cumbernauld home pollok may 4th our game off may 6th , those fixtures have been properly allocated and been fair to both clubs.

If our game is off tommorrow again it will be a combination of cumbernauld having been at home this saturday and the poor weather for this time of year.

We maybe would have been allocated the yoker game this wednesday if we still had adamslie but we don't and the cumbernauld petershill cup tie which is behind a round was given before the scenario with yoker even came about.

Anyone with half a brain will see the fixture man is doing his job and not favouring one team over the other.

Incidentally last season we played our last league game April 28th and ended up playing our playoff game jun 3rd and 6th . We had two games in between that league cup ties and that was it.Having only 2 games allocated in 5/6 weeks before a big playoff game certainly wasn't ideal for us but we got on with it nobody moaned , no conspiracies .

A couple of seasons before that the same fixture man gave us 15 games to play in the month of april and may , not one call off , why because the weather was decent and we had our own ground to play at.

If shettleston go up fair play to them they have put together a good run and we have came up just short and have to try our luck in the playoffs, if we go up great it will be a fantastic achievement from our management and players as it has been a tough season for us in many different ways . The effort from our guys has been brilliant this season that's why our supporters club will be sponsoring our home game against maybole this saturday coming to show appreciation.

I don't think there is anything untoward about the fixture situation. I well remember "The Fixtures Man" was

anything but a popular figure during two successive Rob Roy title wins enjoyed under John Richardson. For

those that were involved remember one on the field presentation was held up for several minutes, when

the Fixtures Man went onto his phone to speak to someone - leaving captain Stephen McPeake, players, backroom staff, officials and crowd waiting! Then it was "here you are", no speech and off the park quicker than Jim Murphy takes to resign.

I think i remember you from back then , goalkeeping coach ? We had a good time back then came up through the leagues after a tough few years . John Richardson did a good job for us no matter what anyone said , Again in his last season we had 15 games allocated by the fixture man in the months of april and may , certainly a fair amount of games to play in two months back then.

I reckon Manager John Queen has done a terrific job at Cumbernauld with what must be a limited player budget.

I agree , i think overall the guy has done a good job at cumbernauld.

I'm deluded! Yoker have every chance in either of their last two games to get at least a point. Rob Roy have struggled the last few games and, according to RobRoyGuy (who has suddenly gone very quiet!!! ) they play their best AWAY from 'home' so....no pressure on them!! Come on the Whe Ho

Listen auld yin we haven't struggled the last few games . The last 2 games we have get it right and that was always on the cards as every good run has to come to a end . Unfortunately ours has came at a bad time of the season but one thing is for sure we have the ability in the squad to turn it around.

1st time on this forum. Been away from junior football for a long number of years and back supporting Shettleston this year. Really enjoyed the Super First division this year very competitive and good to see the Town on the up. Hope we can sneak the 2nd automatic promotion place. How are the Glens playing Glensmad ? Have you got a fully fit squad for Monday v Rob Roy ?

Expecting a tough last game for us v Yoker as they will be fighting for that elusive point to make them safe. Thought they were a decent team v us at Holm Park wen thy won 4-2 and surprised to see them in that position but lack of squad depth and cup run seems to have hampered them.

Do you think like your fellow shettleston fan that the fixture man is giving us it easy and favoring us ?

Nobody said today you were being favoured. The point being made is you have been extremely lucky in your fixtures this season . Don't tell anyone you haven't! In the interests of fair play and the junior game as a whole the Yoker fixture possible scenario should be and can be avoided and done now. I'm waiting with bated breath for your reply to that one. RRG??

Nobody said today you were being favoured. The point being made is you have been extremely lucky in your fixtures this season . Don't tell anyone you haven't! In the interests of fair play and the junior game as a whole the Yoker fixture possible scenario should be and can be avoided and done now. I'm waiting with bated breath for your reply to that one. RRG??

Look you have been given 12 fixtures , so have we in the same time period . I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when you say we have been ' lucky ' in our fixtures . How can one fixture that has still to be arranged mean we have been ' lucky ' with our fixtures for the whole season . I mean come on tae f**k what are you going on about.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Rutherglen Glencairn - match postponed.

We await a re-scheduled date, our season drags on for at least another week !

Here's a thought glens,how about you arrange a friendly? Shouldn't be much room for any controversy there...whatever the result. :unsure2:

Yea,don't the sportmans bar have a good team.

How about Chapman's they used to have a decent sevens team, am sure they could put a side together.

Rob Roy played 9 games between 4/5 and 6/6 inclusive Shettleston played 13 game between 28/4 and 9/6 inclusive that's almost 50% more games, big difference. You also got 3 of the pony treks out the way ie Largs Greenock and maybole early in season, always helpful. You have had games postponed due to weather and problems with Cumbernauld park which helped your players rest while other teams didn't get rest. The point I made was you have had an easy ride compared to others. I was at Shettleston Cumbernauld game at weekend and Cumbernauld are struggling with injuries, I know Shettleston have had a terrible season with injuries. People keep pointing to clubs not strengthening squad , sometimes it's just down to sheer bad luck or in Rob Roy's case sheer good luck! That's all I was saying you've been eh lucky.

Rob Roy played 9 games between 4/5 and 6/6 inclusive Shettleston played 13 game between 28/4 and 9/6 inclusive that's almost 50% more games, big difference. You also got 3 of the pony treks out the way ie Largs Greenock and maybole early in season, always helpful. You have had games postponed due to weather and problems with Cumbernauld park which helped your players rest while other teams didn't get rest. The point I made was you have had an easy ride compared to others. I was at Shettleston Cumbernauld game at weekend and Cumbernauld are struggling with injuries, I know Shettleston have had a terrible season with injuries. People keep pointing to clubs not strengthening squad , sometimes it's just down to sheer bad luck or in Rob Roy's case sheer good luck! That's all I was saying you've been eh lucky.

Shettleston played - April -11,15,18,22,25,27,29. May - 2,4,6,9,16. All league games bar 2nd May which was the West cup.

Kirkintilloch played - April - 11, 15(clc),18,22,25,27 (29th postp) May 2, (6th postp) 11 (clc)13.

That's 12v9 to Shettleston.

Archived