The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

That doesn't look to be likely now, as the fixtures have changed overnight. The West Region website had Rob Roy v Greenock for both tonight and next Wednesday, and we were assuming that next Wednesday was meant to be Rob Roy v Yoker, the only match in the league left without a date. However, it has now been changed to a Cental League Cup tie at Guy's Meadow between Cumbernauld and Petershill, although the previous round match Cumbernauld v Forth Wanderers was postponed on Monday night and hasn't been rescheduled yet.

Confusion reigns.

cumbernauld v petershill is in the west of Scotland cup

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cumbernauld v petershill is in the west of Scotland cup

Sorry, but you are wrong. Next week's Cumbernauld v Petershill scheduled tie is in the Central League Cup 3rd round, but the 2nd round tie Cumbernauld v Forth hasn't been played yet, hence the confusion.

Cumbernauld v Petershill has already been played in the West of Scotland Cup tie, Cumbernauld won 3-0.

Congratulations to Pollok, the first team ever to win this league having been relegated from the Super Premier the previous season. Worthy champions.

Commiserations to Neilston who are now relegated.

Aye well done to Pollok on winning the league, been the best side in my opinion by a good bit, with the best player in Davie Winters.

Well done to Greenock tonight on their win v in form Rob Roy. Hearing almost entire squad signed on for next year and local striker joining who will add goals to an already solid unit.

Shouldn't be but bit gutted we have hit a sticky spell right at the wrong time. Going to be a struggle now for us to get second.

Well done Pollok on winning the league tonight, overall it's deserved.

Aye well done to Pollok on winning the league, been the best side in my opinion by a good bit, with the best player in Davie Winters.

Well done to Greenock tonight on their win v in form Rob Roy. Hearing almost entire squad signed on for next year and local striker joining who will add goals to an already solid unit.

Who is the striker?

I'd class it as a great achievement in context. I'll admit I had us down eight games ago, I'm sure if your honest with yourself you did to. To think a win next week will most likely mean that the final league table will have us closer to going up than going down shows how mad this league really is.

Anyway well done to the players and management for saving us from the quagmire of the district leagues. Onwards and upwards

I said away at the start when Slavers got the job that I believed he would be an excellent manager for someone and glad he has so far proved me right! The turnaround in the team IS a great achievement for the simple reason that teams in that position rarely turn it round so dramatically due to being in a losing mentality and heads being down etc. No matter the squad when you are in a rut so late in the season it very rarely gets any better.

The big test for him will now be his signings for next season as that can make or break a manager IMO.

Shouldn't be but bit gutted we have hit a sticky spell right at the wrong time. Going to be a struggle now for us to get second.

Well done Pollok on winning the league tonight, overall it's deserved.

Why do KRR do this at the end of the season? Same thing happened last year.

It's certainly all to play for now, which makes our game on Monday night a bit more meaningful than I thought it was going to be.

Maybe if the Rob Roy bottle really does crash the Jannie will be able to go round tidy up the broken glass, can't see them not being runners up though as they have a game in hand and a vastly superior goal difference given the small number of games left.

There is also the factor that Shettleston still have to go and win two more games to keep the pressure on Rob Roy, the first of those being a very difficult trip on Saturday to play a good Cumbernauld United side.

Oooh, a drop from 'title challengers' to thé play-off place, nearly. And RobRoyGuy staying they have such a great record away from 'home'. I'm sure the Jannie has better things to do....as well as laughing! Shettlestom on a good run tho be hard game against Cumbernauld. Squeaky bum time for them both. But imagine....Shettleston get 2nd place, Rob Roy lose in play-offs!!!

I don't know but i have this bad feeling.

Don't worry bud,everybody's rootin' for you ! :thumsup2

Oh wait...... :huh:

Oooh, a drop from 'title challengers' to thé play-off place, nearly. And RobRoyGuy staying they have such a great record away from 'home'. I'm sure the Jannie has better things to do....as well as laughing! Shettlestom on a good run tho be hard game against Cumbernauld. Squeaky bum time for them both. But imagine....Shettleston get 2nd place, Rob Roy lose in play-offs!!!

Well done Greenock great result

It sure was Geo.

Well done Greenock.

:(

Archived