The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked the West Region website there. Gary Bissland, Greg Maitland, Ryan Frew and Steven Reilly all miss today's game. Greg Maitland and Steven Reilly miss Monday's game.

Good timing for the Town to play Yoker today then. Hope the players put in a good performance today and get the 3 points and see where that leaves us. I have a feeling Maybole may just do something at KRR but that is maybe just wishfull thinking !

Not the best performance by the town today but 3 points. Yoker came and had a go today, with 4 players missing plenty of effort and probably deserved a point for the amount of pressure they put us under at times. Same again on Monday and they will give KRR a good game. Would be a shame to see Yoker go down.

I just checked the West Region website there. Gary Bissland, Greg Maitland, Ryan Frew and Steven Reilly all miss today's game. Greg Maitland and Steven Reilly miss Monday's game.

Ryan Frew played today.

Rob Roy 4, Carter, Sawyers hat trick V Maybole 0

Good win for the Roy today really should have been seven or eight but can complain with a four nil win.

Especially happy as we were not at our strongest, ally martin at right back, having to bring on little winger to play centre mid as Gary McMenamin went off injured, Maxwell on the bench ready to come on as a player.

Really interesting game this Monday we will need to dig in deep no matter what team we put out, Yoker need a point will they sit in and play for it, doubt it. Should be a decent open game.

Not the best performance by the town today but 3 points. Yoker came and had a go today, with 4 players missing plenty of effort and probably deserved a point for the amount of pressure they put us under at times. Same again on Monday and they will give KRR a good game. Would be a shame to see Yoker go down.

A fair assessment and would like to see Yoker remain but going to be hard for them now....

I thought we done enough...McRobbie was again frightning with his pace and McCormack continuing his recent goalscoring form but Ricky McIntosh for me showed his worth with his performance....very clever with both feet and great with his deliveries

Well if Frew played today that is surely a big mistake by Yoker playing an ineligible player, suspensions clearly states the lad was suspended for today's game

The suspensions page says he still had one game to serve, but it also says his ban was for 2 games starting on 12th May. Yoker played on the 13th and 16th, so he should be free to play, but the suspensions page says it was updated on 18th May. Something is incorrect, I suspect the suspensions page is wrong and Yoker are ok.

So the promotion and relegation issues come down to the final two games of the season. This league is brilliantly competitive.

Rob Roy need 4 points from their remaining two games to get automatic promotion. Yoker need one point to avoid relegation. The teams meet on Monday night. Will Rob Roy settle for a point and rely on beating Glencairn next Saturday ? Or will they go for the win, thus relegating Yoker, and rely on getting at least a point from the last match ?

Time, and Jim O'Donnell, will tell. ;-)

So the promotion and relegation issues come down to the final two games of the season. This league is brilliantly competitive.

Rob Roy need 4 points from their remaining two games to get automatic promotion. Yoker need one point to avoid relegation. The teams meet on Monday night. Will Rob Roy settle for a point and rely on beating Glencairn next Saturday ? Or will they go for the win, thus relegating Yoker, and rely on getting at least a point from the last match ?

Time, and Jim O'Donnell, will tell. ;-)

can c both teams really going for it n I might even head upto the game cheer on yoker

Mon the papers

I think we need to go for the win, I would much rather go for a win and blow it than be cautious that goes for Glencairn game also.

We beat Yoker in December 3-2 but they beat us in the Central League cup at the start of May 3-2 so all to play for could go either way.

Archived