The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just been pointed out to me that Rob Roy's only defeat away from home this season was against Cumbernauld United - at their shared home ground Guy's Meadow. So that's 6 defeats from 13 league matches at Guy's Meadow for Rob Roy this season. I'm not sure what their intentions are for next season, but it hasn't been a successful home for them this season.

So you got a pm from him then?

Harestanes are the only team for him....at the moment! He has been very quiet on here.

Haha he done the same on 1 of the amateur forums shouting about Harestanes doing the treble then they got pumped out of the west and silence!! He should at least show some balls and come on and congratulate shettleston and yoker.

What's the story with Adamslie, doesn't look like any building work has been done on the pitch and the pavilion was still there a couple of weeks ago, would there be any scope for a return?

What's the story with Adamslie, doesn't look like any building work has been done on the pitch and the pavilion was still there a couple of weeks ago, would there be any scope for a return?

I heard that a team have been playing there this season.

And so to the final match of this season's league, Rob Roy v Glencairn this afternoon.

Rob Roy will finish 3rd regardless of the result, but Glencairn could finish 5th, 6th or 7th depending on how events pan out this afternoon. Regardless, it's another top half finish for us.

We'll be pleased to finally get this game out of the way after waiting nearly 4 weeks since our penultimate match, and the process of shaping the squad for next season can get into full swing. It's already well underway, right enough, but more on that later.

Glencairn should round off their season with a win as I can't see Rob Rob fielding a strong team for this game, their minds will be on the mid week play off games. At least it'll be a nice day in the sun to watch the game

We won't be at full strength either, far from it actually.

It's always good to end the season with a win, and that takes us up to finish in 5th place, our highest finish since we won this league five years ago.

An interesting summer awaits.

A great season for us ...the players deserve credit for their performances throughout the campaign.Not the biggest of squads ,and some played through the pain barrier to see us through.....and not forgetting back to back promotions,a great achievement,just wish there was a championship trophy to show for our efforts over the last few seasons..but hey I,ll settle for it next season....

Personally would like to see Rob Roy win the play off and all the best to them

A great season for us ...the players deserve credit for their performances throughout the campaign.Not the biggest of squads ,and some played through the pain barrier to see us through.....and not forgetting back to back promotions,a great achievement,just wish there was a championship trophy to show for our efforts over the last few seasons..but hey I,ll settle for it next season....

Personally would like to see Rob Roy win the play off and all the best to them

aye things defo on the up for use at the moment been impressed with use the last 2 times we've played us beating use on pens then use beating us n Scottish. Went by the ground on the train n that's starting 2 look decent again. Years ago I used 2 look out for there results cos us had a few ex bankies in yer team. Use will do well in the top league just need 2 compete way the Ayrshire moneymen

Mon the papers

It's always good to end the season with a win, and that takes us up to finish in 5th place, our highest finish since we won this league five years ago.

An interesting summer awaits.

5th or 10 th wits the big deal , never in a promotion race another poor season , the town showing you how it's done , typical glens picking up points when the games are meaningless

Archived