The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

I was speaking you RRG, hopefully both clubs can get up wether automatic or play offs. I would like to say I hope Yoker get the point they need to stay up from whoever gets third as I was impressed by them in our defeat at theirs but I also liked Irvine vics , pity one of them is going to go down. So good luck to them both.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was speaking you RRG, hopefully both clubs can get up wether automatic or play offs. I would like to say I hope Yoker get the point they need to stay up from whoever gets third as I was impressed by them in our defeat at theirs but I also liked Irvine vics , pity one of them is going to go down. So good luck to them both.

I was just looking over some stats, and noticed that two seasons ago when we got to the Scottish Junior Cup semi final and had a decent run in the other cups as well, our season was actually over before the date our season will end this year, even though we went out all of the cups at the first hurdle this season.

Two years ago we played 43 matches, and the season finished on 29th May 2013.

This season we will play 34 matches, and our season won't finish till 30th May 2015.

Tomorrow's matches :-

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (3rd) v Maybole Juniors (5th)

Shettleston (2nd) v Yoker Athletic (11th)

Thorniewood United (14th) v Largs Thistle (9th)

A win for Rob Roy is crucial for them if they want to secure 2nd place, although Maybole can secure 5th place with an away win.

I may well take in the Shettleston v Yoker game, as it means a lot to both teams, Shettleston looking to put maximum pressure on Rob Roy by winning their last game, while Yoker need a point to avoid relegation.

We have an unusual scenario for this league with a so-called "meaningless match" in Thorniewood v Largs (although I'm sure it won't be meaningless to the supporters of both teams). Largs could jump up one place in the league, but that is all that is at stake in this one, although both teams will want to end the season positively.

Your thoughts ?

I was just looking over some stats, and noticed that two seasons ago when we got to the Scottish Junior Cup semi final and had a decent run in the other cups as well, our season was actually over before the date our season will end this year, even though we went out all of the cups at the first hurdle this season.

Two years ago we played 43 matches, and the season finished on 29th May 2013.

This season we will play 34 matches, and our season won't finish till 30th May 2015.

I believe that the appropriate response would be..shockerooney,glens. :)

Tomorrow's matches :-

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (3rd) v Maybole Juniors (5th)

Shettleston (2nd) v Yoker Athletic (11th)

Thorniewood United (14th) v Largs Thistle (9th)

A win for Rob Roy is crucial for them if they want to secure 2nd place, although Maybole can secure 5th place with an away win.

I may well take in the Shettleston v Yoker game, as it means a lot to both teams, Shettleston looking to put maximum pressure on Rob Roy by winning their last game, while Yoker need a point to avoid relegation.

We have an unusual scenario for this league with a so-called "meaningless match" in Thorniewood v Largs (although I'm sure it won't be meaningless to the supporters of both teams). Largs could jump up one place in the league, but that is all that is at stake in this one, although

both teams will want to end the season positively.

Your thoughts ?

tough one for us tomorrow ...a team looking to secure safety always a danger....

I was very impressed with Yoker earlier in the season when they defeated us 4-2...we had just beaten Pollok and looking to build on good start

Hopefully Maybole can do us a turn against a fresh Rob roy

Fresh is no good to us at this time of the season , we have lost a good bit of our momentum due to the call offs and have players missing so i hear , granted a lot of clubs will have this problem at this time of year.

I would say 60/4040 in shettleston favor to finish second , we will give it our best shot though i am sure !

Btw c'monthetown you went missing when your man town 1888 was at it for about a whole week on here , did you just ignore it all ha .

Fresh is no good to us at this time of the season , we have lost a good bit of our momentum due to the call offs and have players missing so i hear , granted a lot of clubs will have this problem at this time of year.

I would say 60/4040 in shettleston favor to finish second , we will give it our best shot though i am sure !

Btw c'monthetown you went missing when your man town 1888 was at it for about a whole week on here , did you just ignore it all ha .

Is that just a rough guess,RRG? :huh:

tough one for us tomorrow ...a team looking to secure safety always a danger....

I was very impressed with Yoker earlier in the season when they defeated us 4-2...we had just beaten Pollok and looking to build on good start

Hopefully Maybole can do us a turn against a fresh Rob roy

Yoker have 4 players suspended, will be surprised if Shettleston don't win.

Archived