The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go for largs think they are due a win. away win

Kilsyth should be to strong for thorn. Home win

Neilston is always a tricky trip for anyone. Draw

Pollok are just from strength to strength and just now and should win comfortably however a fancy a surprise. Draw.

You're not kidding. We were superb today to a man, I thought we got the tactics spot on. It's a huge result for us, and hopefully one that kick starts us again.

The question is, did you end up biting your own hands off as promised??

Fixtures out for next week! Where is the sense in giving teams that have played a lot more games than others a game and leaving out others?

Yes I am bitter there is just no logic with the man. Unfortunately I am sure this will continue as he Golden Balls wit SJFA cronies!!

Grow a pair boys and get him out.

By the way well done Glencairn good result today.

You're not kidding. We were superb today to a man, I thought we got the tactics spot on. It's a huge result for us, and hopefully one that kick starts us again.

Agreed re the tactics, went along as a neutral and I was impressed with how well organised you were in terms of keeping a shape and the speed of the breaks when the ball was won back.

Also why did the linesman try and give an offside from a goal kick in the first half?

Yes, I think the surprise for many of Brian Welsh playing helped us keep our shape, we have been lacking in old heads about the squad of late and I thought Welshy was terrific. I didn't think he'd last 90 minutes but he did it easy, and it was great to see Dean Muir back as well. Jc Hutchison, Andy Neil and wee Sean McGuire were brilliant all afternoon.

Yes, I think the surprise for many of Brian Welsh playing helped us keep our shape, we have been lacking in old heads about the squad of late and I thought Welshy was terrific. I didn't think he'd last 90 minutes but he did it easy, and it was great to see Dean Muir back as well. Jc Hutchison, Andy Neil and wee Sean McGuire were brilliant all afternoon.

The Glens put in a performance that they have been capable of all season. Players and management were top dollar today. Some great individual performances as well. Special mention to JC who had a stormer and that will do him a world of good. I feared the worst today and just shows that football can be a funny game.Brian Welsh and Dean Muir steadied the team team today. Well done guys.

The Glens put in a performance that they have been capable of all season. Players and management were top dollar today. Some great individual performances as well. Special mention to JC who had a stormer and that will do him a world of good. I feared the worst today and just shows that football can be a funny game.Brian Welsh and Dean Muir steadied the team team today. Well done guys.

I don't think it was insignificant that we scored first and gave our defence something to hold onto. That was the first time we had been ahead in a match since our last win back in November against Maybole. Since then we've been missing chances galore, which has put an unnecessary pressure on our defence, and teams have been taking advantage of that. Andy Neil in central defence made a huge difference, I've always thought that was his best position, but he had been playing at left back out of necessity for quite some time. Now that we have Jonny Boal to play there and (if necessary) Willie Galloway or Ross Ballantyne then perhaps Andy will get a run in the middle beside Marc Russell or Mark Bishop or Davie Dunnachie.

Having watched the Glencairn game highlights I'd have to say Pollok had the better chances but failed to take them, it's probably the opposite of what's happened in some of Glencairns recent games. Not many teams will go there and get a result, it won't affect Polloks title hopes but it'll certainly give the Glens a boost.

Yes, that's a fair assessment, but it was to be expected that Pollok would have the bulk of the play. It was three points I hadn't counted on, to be honest, so it was a major boost after our past few results. We have to build on that now.

Fixtures for Saturday 14/3/15 :-

Ardeer Thistle (11th) v Kilsyth Rangers (4th)

Cumbernauld United (5th) v Irvine Victoria (9th)

Neilston Juniors (10th) v Greenock Juniors (7th)

Thorniewood United (13th) v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (6th)

Yoker Athletic (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived