The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really tough game for Greenock. I always liked the setup at Neilston but its so tough to get a result there. Hopefully 3 points can put any notions of relegation for Greenock to bed.

Even 3 points wouldn't do that at this stage, in my opinion. That would leave Greenock on 26 points, with 6 games to play. I reckon the safety mark at this stage will be around 34 or 35 points, so Greenock would still need at least another 3 wins from their remaining 6 games, 4 of which are away from home. They still have to play Shettleston twice and Rob Roy away, as well as an in-form Yoker side.

Even 3 points wouldn't do that at this stage, in my opinion. That would leave Greenock on 26 points, with 6 games to play. I reckon the safety mark at this stage will be around 34 or 35 points, so Greenock would still need at least another 3 wins from their remaining 6 games, 4 of which are away from home. They still have to play Shettleston twice and Rob Roy away, as well as an in-form Yoker side.

We'll see come the end of the season but i reckon 32 points will be enough once more. What i meant was that a win for Greenock would remove the pressure making it easier to pick up the required points.

Greenock have been stronger away from home this season with a few surprising wins.

We'll see come the end of the season but i reckon 32 points will be enough once more. What i meant was that a win for Greenock would remove the pressure making it easier to pick up the required points.

Greenock have been stronger away from home this season with a few surprising wins.

Time will tell, but the total for safety last season was unusually low at 32. In the four seasons before that it was never lower than 34 points, and on one occasion 35 points were required.

Can't see the safety points total being as high as 34 or 35, looking at it i would say 33 or 32 given nobody is cut adrift and everyone is taking points off each other.

Was like most shocked that glens beat Pollok on Saturday(though to be fair they have some good players who can do damage like the goalscorers) , even more shocked they did it keeping a clean sheet. That's football though in particular junior football half the beauty of it is it's unpredictable nature, this league in particular is notorious for it.

Some decent games this weekend, hopefully the weather is kind and we get a few games on, nothing worse than no league games on or just the one.

Once again R.I.P Chips ( posted a fair bit on this thread ) :( .

...Was like most shocked that glens beat Pollok on Saturday(though to be fair they have some good players who can do damage like the goalscorers) , even more shocked they did it keeping a clean sheet...

I think we are the first team to keep a clean sheet against Pollok this season in any competitive match. We defended from the front last Saturday, we didn't give Pollok a second to settle on the ball, right to the 94th minute when Ross McNeil hassled Jamie Darroch into his mistake with the back pass, and then was committed enough to win the 50/50 with Jordan Longmuir to score, while Darroch gave up the chase. We had energy all over the park last Saturday.

But we can't make that a one-off, we need to do that again tomorrow, as Yoker are in fine form at the moment and it will be another very hard match.

Ardeer Thistle (11th) v Kilsyth Rangers (4th).....Kilsyth win by a few

Cumbernauld United (5th) v Irvine Victoria (9th) ....Cumbernauld to edge it.....if on

Neilston Juniors (10th) v Greenock Juniors (7th)....Neilston to win by odd goal

Thorniewood United (13th) v Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (6th)....Rob Roy to win

Yoker Athletic (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)...Glencairn to win ugly

Thorniewood 1 v Rob Roy 3 ( Kevin Watt Hat trick )

Was half expecting this game to be off today given Robertson park can be a heavy park even with a little rain. Thought overall we deserved the win could have been 4 or 5 but not to be. We should be scoring more goals than we do but maybe that's me being ultra critical.

Our first goal was a nice header by Kevin watt , second he followed up a scott upton free kick to capitalize on the twood keeper spilling it ( why was he wearing number 2 ?? ), third goal a finish from inside the box. Twood goal was poor from our point of view guy should never of got his shot away from distance. Roy keeper Murdoch spilled it ( should have done better ) for the twood striker to knock in .

From my own teams point of view picking out 3 players though Kevin Watt played well , busy put himself about , looked dangerous inside the box , Scott Upton also played well , as did Paul Finnigan again . Good win for us today as all the teams around us also won.One thing i have been impressed with is our fitness we are a very fit team which will be tested as we enter the business end of the season .

Twood look like they will struggle to stay up this season in all honesty.

Had a quick look and noticed no game for kilsyth , cumbernauld or shettleston in the league next week , so a chance for us with a win at neilston (not a easy place to win) to go 3rd with games in hand.

£100 donated by the Roy supporters bus today to the Stuart McGrady fund , think the players/management / players also had a whip round for chips.

Looking at the table at this crucial time of the season i would say at the bottom the relegation places will be between largs , thorniewood . ardeer , irvine vics . Greenock and Neilston , the latter two though being favs to stay out of it.

At the top Pollok up , between shettleston / Roy / Cumbernauld for 2nd 3rd , wouldn't rule out kilsyth or glencairn . Maybole have points in the bag and may also feature.

Hard luck today shettleston in the scottish and good luck yoker and pollok next week .

It was great to follow up last week's win at Pollok with another hard-fought away win against a Yoker team who have made it to the quarter finals of the Scottish Junior Cup.

When we went 1-0 down with 17 minutes to go I thought it was going to be another tale of woe, but credit must go to the players and management for the comeback. Willie Harvey changed the shape twice in the closing stages, ending up 3-4-3, and he got his reward with Dalzell's winner in the 92nd minute.

We have nine league games left now, and six of them are at home.

Good win for Kilsyth today at Ardeer. Really strange league tho, we are currently third top with points in the bag rather than games in hand and with eight games to go still aren't totally in the clear re relegation. Once teams get games played I doubt if we will remain as high but realistically we are looking at a couple more wins for safety. Given that we had 0/12 pts after four games I'd say it's been a successful season so far given our current position in the league and two cups to play for.

I was wondering. The guy with the red hair Charlie Grant took the team today. No sign of them.

No sign of the decent keeper they had Murphy in goals, not sure who else was missing.

Guy Fleming at the back was playing as was Davie Hamilton.

Archived