Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Why are they doing that?

Hard to understand why they would make such a gesture the same week they get caught up in a racism storm tbh

I think Thistle were one of the sides that donated some of the away gate back to Hearts when we were in administration and fighting to avoid liquidation.

We're now in a position to repay that gesture

Very nice. Similar to when Falkirk helped us out and we later on repaid the money in full by cheque at a pre-match presentation.

Quite heartwarming when you read stories like that.

Wouldn't it be because Hearts called off their game against Thistle last minute and they're just trying to make it up to the fans that had travelled?

If this is the reason then I'd like to retract my previous post complimenting Hearts.

topcat(The most tip top), on 01 Mar 2016 - 22:18, said:

I should point out that my earlier post was a theory. I don't post on behalf of the club.

I'd say it'd be a good gesture regardless. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if they didn't do it.

We postponed the game after 1pm on the day it was meant to be played, pretty much every Partick fan coming through would already have set off so we're offering a small gesture to ensure people with tickets aren't out of pocket. Simple as that I imagine.

Read a few days ago that Neilson wants to win the league with Hearts. It's good to see another manager with ambition.

With Celtic getting weaker every summer, and with Hearts being pushed forward with sell out crowds every other week - could this be possible? Rangers will be up next season so whether that will make things easier or harder I'm not sure.

Also looking forward to seeing Hearts get a new main stand built. Hearts shouldn't have a problem attracting 20,000 plus every week if they do things right. The vibe around the club is great. A strong Europa League group campaign would be excellent if they were to make it there.

Read a few days ago that Neilson wants to win the league with Hearts. It's good to see another manager with ambition.

With Celtic getting weaker every summer, and with Hearts being pushed forward with sell out crowds every other week - could this be possible? Rangers will be up next season so whether that will make things easier or harder I'm not sure.

Also looking forward to seeing Hearts get a new main stand built. Hearts shouldn't have a problem attracting 20,000 plus every week if they do things right. The vibe around the club is great. A strong Europa League group campaign would be excellent if they were to make it there.

:lol:

Sounds like we've signed a cracking D-mid.

Looks the business,refused to sign a contract with Dc United after interest from Lazio.Hearts see this as a fantastic signing and a bit of a coup for the American International.

I'd also like to say,what a bargain Souttar has been.the lad has been outstanding.

Hard to get excited about a 'D Mid', although it's clearly an important position, and this looks likely a pretty good signing.

With Gomis away, and Pallardo failing to impress, Kitchen could sit deep, and let Buaben and Djoum do their thing further up the park.

Wonder what his fitness is like the now.