Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Despite the mass hysteria after the humiliating European embarrassment and the plague of pant-wetting that has followed, I believe things will eventually click into place, and we will be competing for one of the top three places. We cannot expect more than this given the clubs respective player budgets.  

If we are well off the pace for a top three finish by Christmas time, then Neilson should be concerned about his job, but I do believe last seasons third place finish earns him the right to prove himself for another half season.

Happy clapper #1 

We'll finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. It is not about that really. It is just boring watching Hearts. I think fans are bored. 

We can't expect to win the title but it would be good if the games were enjoyable. 

I take comfort from the fact we have a 5 year plan and all this shit will be worth it in the end.

3 years to go.

Despite the mass hysteria after the humiliating European embarrassment and the plague of pant-wetting that has followed, I believe things will eventually click into place, and we will be competing for one of the top three places. We cannot expect more than this given the clubs respective player budgets.  

If we are well off the pace for a top three finish by Christmas time, then Neilson should be concerned about his job, but I do believe last seasons third place finish earns him the right to prove himself for another half season.

Happy clapper #1 

I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek about Neilson et al (on my part anyway) but even though we missed a pen, hit the woodwork, had all the possession- the record books will show we got papped oot at home against a part time team with a poor record.

Ok, that happens now and again, but Read the managers quotes - he had Neilsons number. That's just not good enough.

I agree with the majority of your post though and think he will have this season at least, and that will determine his future.

His contradictory media quotes get right on my tits though!

I genuinely can't stand the laddie and will be delighted when he goes.

He strangles the life out of our most exciting players, sets out not to lose games rather than win them and shuts up shop with 20 minutes to go when we're a goal ahead at home to shite like Dundee and Kilmarnock.

He should be getting a lot more out of a decent crop of players.

He strangles the life out of our most exciting players, sets out not to lose games rather than win them and shuts up shop with 20 minutes to go when we're a goal ahead at home to shite like Dundee and Kilmarnock.

I dont have a problem with adopting a defensive posture if the counter attacking is working out well, but it has been rubbish for a while.

I genuinely can't stand the laddie and will be delighted when he goes.

He should be getting a lot more out of a decent crop of players.

He tried to shut up shop with 45 mins to go in those particular games.

I also remember a game against Hamilton when we went 2-0 after 15 mins then done the same. Fair enough we won that game but eye bleeding stuff

He should have been launched as soon as he surrendered that lead to Hibs. Over the years, losing to them obviously happens occasionally, but not like that. The way that match was lost just isn't acceptable at this football club and instantly loses you the support of the fans. To then come out straight after it and give it the "money spinner" pish, then concede in the first five minutes of the second bite of the cherry was akin to spitting in the face of the support. Anyone with sense knows that he was and still is on borrowed time since that moment. The sooner him and Levein do one so that we can finally draw a line under that debacle and the ever-growing meekness since and start afresh, the better.

Even the happy clappers who like to pretend everything is rosy know this deep down as well but simply try to keep it bottled up.

35 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Good to see Hearts using the "Scottish fitba is shite" excuse.

It is a total backwater. Are you trying to suggest otherwise?

He should have been launched as soon as he surrendered that lead to Hibs. Over the years, losing to them obviously happens occasionally, but not like that. The way that match was lost just isn't acceptable at this football club and instantly loses you the support of the fans. To then come out straight after it and give it the "money spinner" pish, then concede in the first five minutes of the second bite of the cherry was akin to spitting in the face of the support. Anyone with sense knows that he was and still is on borrowed time since that moment. The sooner him and Levein do one so that we can finally draw a line under that debacle and the ever-growing meekness since and start afresh, the better.

Even the happy clappers who like to pretend everything is rosy know this deep down as well but simply try to keep it bottled up.

Behave.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

What fucking planet are you on? Utter drivel.

The one where Hearts don't accept surrendering matches to Hibs which then leads to them winning the Scottish Cup.

Good to see there's still some Phoodle/Levein apologists left, though. Wonder how much longer you'll last?

Edited by Elixir

Question for the older posters.

I seem to remember being at a European tie at tynecastle against red star Belgrade. Think we went out on away goals. Was that seen as a shock result similar to birkikara?

Can remember the red star players management celebrating on the pitch in a similar manner.

Red Star Belgrade were a good team then. Iirc had won european cup in '91?

Anyway, Dejan Stankovic was playing and Bruno marked him out the game. So much so when Stankovic was subbed, Bruno followed him all the way off [emoji1]

Eta - quick google came up with this random article - it was Stankovic

http://www.hearts.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=110300

To put Paulo's opinions into context we only need look at his comments that a 21yo winger with less than 100 1st team games under his belt was a "busted flush" because he'd lost form and wasn't putting in 7-8/10 performances week in week out.

You should support one of the OF mate, that's the kind of shite they come away with.