Heart of Midlothian 2014-

18 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Won the championship at an absolute canter.

3rd in first season back.

Pumped by european diddies, happens to us all at some point. Beaten away from home to St Johnstone, not exactly an easy game that is it??

Surprised at the negativity from Hearts fans to be honest. Season's not even got going yet. 

3rd in first season back. - And it could've been better if he never decided a point in every single away game would be a good result.

Pumped by european diddies, happens to us all at some point.  - but it hasn't to Hearts in the past, it's our worst ever European result.

Beaten away from home to St Johnstone, not exactly an easy game that is it?? - No it's not, but that's taken it in isolation.  Our cup record in his 3 seasons in charge has been horrible.

I don't want him out, I want him to learn but he doesn't seem to be.  Always excuses poor results with the 'we're young and inexperienced' line, which means his players have no responsibility.  If we lose, ach we're young and inexperienced, the manager will have our backs.  Our performances from January onwards, with a few notable exceptions, have been poor.  Our squad has quite obvious gaps and we've had a major overhaul of the squad again for no other reason than him and Levein want to.  There's no cohesive plan, despite what they say, and there's no continuity.  And if you are going to do that kind of surgery on your squad, make sure you get everyone in early so theyc an gel and are ready to hit the ground running which we didn't.

He deserves more time IMO, but he absolutely has to address some issues.

Edited by Tony Wonder

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Won the championship at an absolute canter.

3rd in first season back.

Pumped by european diddies, happens to us all at some point. Beaten away from home to St Johnstone, not exactly an easy game that is it??

Surprised at the negativity from Hearts fans to be honest. Season's not even got going yet. 

I think 2 wins in 12 is all you need to know at this point. Don't really have the energy to go over the rest of his failings again, tbh.

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Apparently, Rherras was carrying an injury on Sunday, but was able to play through it, but wasn't able to play with it last night.

Not sure I'm buying that, tbh - did anyone notice any signs of injury on Sunday?

There is no way he wouldn't have been on the bench at least if he'd been fit last night surely?

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

There is no way he wouldn't have been on the bench at least if he'd been fit last night surely?

Ken - I just heard Neilson's pre-match, and thought that none of it sounded convincing, and Rherras didn't look even slightly injured that I could see,

Never mind - I'm havering. :lol:

If the SFA believe that a dive deserves a two match ban from here on out, then fine, as long as they show consistency. It would be however, like trying to find a pair of swimming goggles that doesn't fog up or leak into your eyes. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Kickback truly is a depressing place at the moment. The Vlad years have definitely raised our expectations, but so has watching every other team win a cup over the last 4/5 years, because we must be thinking if they can do it, surely we can do it again as well. The last half of the season wasn't great by all accounts, but we still won four straight games, remaining solid if not great on the eye, making a good fist of it until the top six split. We'd by all accounts downed tools by that point as we'd effectively given up on 2nd.

Birkirkira should have been the nadir. We should have taken a goal with us in the away leg, and absolutely bodied them in the home leg. We were extremely unlucky hitting the bar twice. Buaben should have never hit that penalty however.

Celtic was once again, unlucky. We went toe to toe and were undone by a good counter attack.

McDiarmid is still one of the hardest place to go to. Just look at the link here at half time for last season. St. Johnstone are bottom of the table for last year at half time. We picked arguably the most resilient team in the league at the moment to play. They've improved their squad from last season since then. Better teams will struggle there this season.

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/scotland/premier-league/20152016/1st-phase/r31567/

I'm not saying I'm not frustrated, but considering our climb for the last two years, we probably need this kick in the baws to remind ourselves that we aren't there yet, as much as we'd like to be. Some of us are expecting a fight for 2nd and a cup which is fair enough, but this could be a season of transition for us while we wait on the new main stand. It's not what we want to hear, but it could just be one of those seasons.

Mostly, I just wish he would shut the f**k up on interviews and get on with the coaching. Shape wise, we aren't bad but our off the ball running is terrible. I'm still not sure what Stevie Crawford contributes to the attacking coaching in his 12 hour a day shifts but there's clearly just a lot of doing the wrong things. Our away form still will probably abysmal but I doubt we will be settling for points as easily this season. We still have our best holding midfielder to come back, Cowie looks more like the player we wanted and Johnson who has good pedigree (his scoring record looks v.v. dece)  to be brought in also if FIFA ever pull their well manicured fingers out of their arses. There is still the small matter of getting the keys the new training facilities at Riccarton which should benefit us big time. I still think we'll sign one more absolute baller in September if Pallardo and Djoum were anything to go by.

Right now, it seems like there are actually a few things that look good for us, but it just hasn't all come into place just yet. That should be the main concern of getting to happen at the moment. Quite frankly, I'd settle for 4th, if it meant getting the building block in place for the coming season with the main stand. We are not that big a club yet and we'd do well to remember that with the way the last few months have went. It's a long term project and right now, Neilson needs a good chance to prove if he's a good head coach, or simply just a good coach. I don't want Robbie sacked, and the 'phoodle out' brigade are the saddest gits alive. Especially when you hear them wanting Hartley in instead. He should have taken them into the top 6 comfortable and his cup record is arguably the same, if not worse than Neilson's, so you can get that idea right to f**k. We won't get anywhere chucking Neison for half the piss poor suggestions I keep hearing we should replace him with. Least of all Gary fucking Locke.

Sorry I deleted that criticism of Neilson because I'm now not sure what he means.

"The actual performances in the first two competitive games in Scotland have been far better than the previous two seasons,"

If he's talking about the first two competitive games then he's an absolute moron. If he's talking about the Celtic and St. Johnstone game then he's only a slight moron. They weren't too bad against Celtic I thought. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37057661

Michael Stewart defending his mate Neilson and blaming our problems on Levein, who he hates, as he has been doing since day 1. Surprising.

What is "Neilson style" exactly? He's never managed prior to this job and it hardly seems inconceivable that they could have similar ideas given that he played under Levein for years and Levein chose to hire him. The Championship season, in which he seems to think we took games against Hibs and Rangers "by the scruff of the neck", doesn't exist. Yeah, we played exciting football against the shitey teams but we were generally pretty mediocre in the games against those two. In the opening game against Rangers two years ago we played 4-4-2 with two wingers and last week against Celtic we played 4-4-2 with two wingers, I'm not seeing a huge change.

Then he goes on to list two of our better signings from the Championship season (and Mince Bobbins lol) and compares them with three of our poorer signings from last season. You could easily have made it Anderson, El Hassnaoui and Buaben against Rossi, Djoum and Kitchen.

Basically, he's talking shite.

I'd say the big differences between now and two years ago, aside from the level of football, are:

1) the number of attacking options and potential goalscorers in the squad

- Sammon might end up being somewhat useful but he's not going to score many and Muirhead isn't likely to feature much. I'm optimistic about Watt but he's clearly not fully fit yet and although Johnsen might be decent but he hasn't been able to play. In midfield an injury-prone Walker and, at a push, Djoum are our only goal threats. Two years ago we had Sow, Zeefuik, Nicholson, Walker, King etc. who were always reliable for goals and it meant that, whether we played well or poorly, we won pretty much every week. We really need a couple of attack-minded midfielders in the next few weeks.

2) the pre-season preparations

- This season we've had the goalkeeping f**k-up which has left us with an unknown quantity and two of our main striker signings arriving after we've already been put out of Europe, one of whom is half-fit and one of whom has registration issues. We're two league games in, already out of two cup competitions, and we still haven't signed an attacking midfielder. Two years ago we pretty much had everything sorted by day 1.

Thankfully point 1) can still be resolved and point 2) can probably be forgotten about if we get the next couple of signings right. If we don't, there'll be a lot of pressure on both Neilson and Levein.