Heart of Midlothian 2014-

4 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'd be very unhappy if I was Inverness or Cove. Crazy decision but we will happily take it.  

I dont know why Cove would be annoyed - Hearts got punished (aye, 2 points is wierd) but you cant give Cove points in a group tournament. As for Inverness, they are now 2 points better off against their biggest rival for qualification.

Pressure still on Hearts to win both matches this week.

24 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I dont know why Cove would be annoyed - Hearts got punished (aye, 2 points is wierd) but you cant give Cove points in a group tournament. As for Inverness, they are now 2 points better off against their biggest rival for qualification.

Still need to beat you, if you beat the Blue Brazil. That's a big if, mind.

Edited by HaikuHibee

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Cove would want Hearts to get a fair punishment I would say. They might have gained a point had it not been for us fielding an ineligible player. Obviously they were never going to qualify but. 

This is utter nonsense. Doesn’t make any difference whether it’s a cup or league competition. Hearts fielded an ineligible player who may have affected the result. They obviously should have awarded the match 3.0 to Cove. I would like to read the rationale behind the decision, but on the face of it, it certainly looks as if the SPFL have deliberately left it so that Hearts can get 9 points and maybe in with a chance of qualification. This stinks.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't want to start rumours but I'm hearing Budge let Cockwomble lick her wrinkly arsehole in exchange for a lenient punishment before resigning from the board. 

Is that for real? Where have you heard this? 

So Albion Rovers are thrown out of the Challenge Cup for fielding a 29 minute sub but anything goes in the League Cup especially if there is a TV match scheduled.

Only in Scotland. 

763528.gif?b64lines=&key=36ebcacb9fec993ba25a10ecb85ecdd6fa7d9cdbe963c72da03e034892ee5395 Knew a few drinks with the boys would iron this out. Let the vagrants seethe. 

It was good of Budge to pick a punishment that “keeps the group alive”. I imagine the authorities have thanked her (hence the suspended part of the fine) for keeping the tv schedule in mind as well. Really is best for all involved.
Now if only I could muster just one f**k to give about this thing

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

It was good of Budge to pick a punishment that “keeps the group alive”. I imagine the authorities have thanked her (hence the suspended part of the fine) for keeping the tv schedule in mind as well. Really is best for all involved.
Now if only I could muster just one f**k to give about this thing

Good piece of negotiating by Budge I agree this was a simple muddle by the establishment club and good to see the boys recognising this. We aren't some sort of vagrant club where they need to punish us for such a slip. A simple gentleman's fine and a little bit of good will on our behalf with the two points.  We are such a classy club.