Heart of Midlothian 2014-

More clubs should be doing this kind of sponsorship for a season or so. Give them a nice warm fuzzy feeling.

English Premiership clubs have no excuse not to do this more often.

Indeed

The aim of people running a football club should be to make supporters feel proud to be associated with it.

Winning games of football is the most obvious way of doing that but there are others.

If she's still wanting to be involved after FoH takes ownership I'm sure she could get herself elected

I'd actually prefer her to keep hold of 49/50/51% of the Club with the FoH having the remainder (perhaps holding the assets in trust also).

I just worry that we'll end up with "decision by committee" under a solely fan owned Club.

But Hearts aren't doing that? They aren't just allowing a charity to use their strip. They are being paid handsomely for the privilege.

^^^^^ Spectacularly missing the point.

Point being,STC getting £1m out of the deal.Whats not to like.

^^^^^ Spectacularly missing the point.

Point being,STC getting £1m out of the deal.Whats not to like.

Most people seem to be looking over the point that a charity is getting 7 figures out of the deal. We can get paid handsomely all we like, they'll receive the same amount as us. Don't see what the issue is?

I'd actually prefer her to keep hold of 49/50/51% of the Club with the FoH having the remainder (perhaps holding the assets in trust also).

I just worry that we'll end up with "decision by committee" under a solely fan owned Club.

Benevolent dictatorship has a lot to be said for it but less so when we're not dealing with a crisis.

Most people seem to be looking over the point that a charity is getting 7 figures out of the deal. We can get paid handsomely all we like, they'll receive the same amount as us. Don't see what the issue is?

Because Scottish football fans are the most cynical on the planet. You can't just do something good, people need to find a reason to hate the thing you are doing it's what we do. Those that are clambering about to try and find faults in a charity getting money and exposure are pretty embarrassing. Good on Hearts and good on Save the Children.

Because Scottish football fans are the most cynical on the planet. You can't just do something good, people need to find a reason to hate the thing you are doing it's what we do. Those that are clambering about to try and find faults in a charity getting money and exposure are pretty embarrassing. Good on Hearts and good on Save the Children.

It's embarrassing to say the least. I'd like to think this is a route that more clubs will go down, although I hardly think this is likely to happen.

I hope Ann and Craig stay forever.

Just imagine the idiots on Kickback wanting to pick the team.

Aye because that's what fan ownership equates to.

We'll vote in whoever is responsible for the day to day running of the club and it'll run largely like it is just now.