Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I hope Hibs rot. Will never forgive them for their childish emailing antics.

Take a look at the lovely gestures by other clubs. Giving us £1 per fan and putting on free buses. Fantastic gestures and i hope Hearts can return a similar gesture at some point.

Congratulations Hearts!

Was skeptical of the Neilson appointment, but what a stunning performance. How much and what influence do you guys reckon Levein had?

A lot, I'd imagine, given he's responsible for the overall strategy of the football side. My hunch is that he was responsible for a lot of the players we've signed, Gomis and the Prince especially.

I think the big issue for us in previous seasons, whether it was a cup win or a third placed (or that second place) finish, is that we very rarely follow them up with an improvement on that season. Craig Levein's two finishes in third place was arguably the last time, however that was done with having to reduce the budget, rather than the increase we'll get with being in the top tier as well as attracting a new shirt sponsor.

This already feels potentially like the time where it could be really different (sure it's easy to say that being in a different league, but it's hard not think that although it won't be more difficult, that we still won't make an impression). A combination of holding onto our coaching staff and vital players (tying up Eckersley and Pallardo is a must) as well as bringing in one or two players of a good calibre in the summer could really have a squad next season to be really excited about.

If it's anything like how we were at the very start of the season when Levein was sworn in, we will probably end up being just as ruthless with who we let go in the summer, as we seem to be getting it terms of pragmatism over sentimentality. Robinson, Gallacher, Carrick or Oliver, Zeefuik (I can't see us going for him if Groningen ask for a sizable fee, and honestly I think with our scouting, we could potentially attract a lateral quality of player on a free transfer), and possibly even Wilson (he has one more year on his contract, and personally I think Ozturk is a better player) will probably not be with us next season.

I think the biggest thing we have to worry about tactics wise, is how to deal with teams that press us high up the pitch when we have possession at the back. It's no surprise that in three of the four league games we've dropped points this season that Falkirk and Hibs have exploited us there putting two hard working strikers up top against us. That said, we seem to be pretty good at identifying our weaknesses this season and rectifying them as the season has shown. Hopefully that continues at a higher level will continue to push ourselves on at the rate we've arguably been improving at.

I have loved the Championship, and will go down as one of my favourites comfortably, however I rather hope this side becomes more of a legacy than a one-off.

I'd like to congratulate ICT's southern cousin's Heart of Midlothian Football Club on winning the Championhip. Regardless of what fans of perennial failures like Dunfermline and Falkirk say, it really is a piece of fucking piss to win at the first attempt. These clubs were clearly doing it wrong.

Looking forward to meeting the Jambos in the pubs both up here and down there next term. A great bunch of lads; always very complimentary towards ICT.

I'd like to congratulate ICT's southern cousin's Heart of Midlothian Football Club on winning the Championhip. Regardless of what fans of perennial failures like Dunfermline and Falkirk say, it really is a piece of fucking piss to win at the first attempt. These clubs were clearly doing it wrong.

Looking forward to meeting the Jambos in the pubs both up here and down there next term. A great bunch of lads; always very complimentary towards ICT.

Cheers mate.

At our time of need you guys pitched in £2,250. I'm certain Hearts will replay you by taking a massive crowd up to you next season or putting on a coach or two when you's pop down here again. Total soft spot for ICT our game is by far the best away day out in the league, well apart from maybe Easter Road :laugh:

Seems also that we're being linked with Marley Watkins (sorry in advance :smile:). Good player and a cracking find for you guys. Whats your opionion of him?

I have a good feeling about this. Hearts <3 - <3 ICT.

How we compare so far to the the previous 20 second tier champions based on where they were stood after 30 games.

Hearts (2014-15):81 Pts

Hibernian (1998-99):71 Pts (finished with 89)

Falkirk (2002-03):66 Pts (finished with 81)

Falkirk (2004-05):66 Pts (finished with 75)

Partick (2012-13):66 Pts (finished with 78)

Dundee (1997-98):65 Pts (finished with 70)

St Mirren (2005-06):64 Pts (finished with 76)

Ross County (2011-12):63 Pts (finished with 79)

Hamilton (2007-08):62 Pts (finished with 76)

St Johnstone (1996-97):62 Pts (finished with 80)

St Mirren (1999-00):61 Pts (finished with 76)

Livingston (2000-01):61 Pts (finished with 76)

Dundee (2013-14):59 Pts (finished with 69)

Partick (2001-02):58 Pts (finished with 66)

Raith Rvs (1994-95):58 Pts (finished with 69)

Dunfermline (1995-96):58 Pts (finished with 71)

Gretna (2006-07):57 Pts (finished with 66)

Inverness C (2009-10):55 Pts (finished with 73)

Inverness C (2003-04):54 Pts (finished with 70)

Dunfermline (2010-11):52 Pts (finished with 70)

St Johnstone (2008-09):52 Pts (finished with 65)