Heart of Midlothian 2014-

More than anything we need a centre midfielder who offers something different from Pallardo, Gomis and Buaben. Someone who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and pass forwards rather than sideways or backwards.

Scott Allan........

We are clearly going to need forwards if as expected Keatings and Zeefuik go. (Whether or not they are good enough is open to debate). We need a left and right back with Eckersley going. We need a central midfielder with pace (this is not Scott Allan) and we probably need a keeper given Alexander's age and I'd imagine Gallaher will go given he seems to be 3rd choice. I'd also like another centre half. Where we might find the money for all this I have no idea. (I'd also like Holt back)

In the papers that Wilsons activated a clause in his contract meaning he'll be leaving Hearts on a free transfer this Summer. Strange clause that surely?

In the papers that Wilsons activated a clause in his contract meaning he'll be leaving Hearts on a free transfer this Summer. Strange clause that surely?

When he signed that contract we were 3 weeks away from entering administration. We were hardly in a position to dictate terms and given how bad the worst case scenario looked for Hearts it's hardly surprising that Wilson and his agent wanted an escape clause in case of emergency.

But it's not an emergency - quite the opposite - so what exactly is the clause?

I've not read the contract so I don't know. But it obviously gave him flexibility to get out early.

I was suggesting that he may have been looking for that flexibility in case of the worst case scenario unfolding.

He's ended up using it after something like a best case scenario instead

Bit mixed on this

Danny is ok. He isn't as good as he thinks he is.

He'll go to Celtic or the championship and warm the bench then come back in 3 years with his tail between his legs.

Given how much faith and support this club has given him personally think he should have felt some duty to give us the final year of his contract.

I'm not concerned about replacing him. Ozturk is a better defender and Robbie and Craig will find better to partner him.