Heart of Midlothian 2014-

13 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Interesting to just hear a sports litigation lawyer on radio say relegated clubs (from English Div 2) do have a claim against the league

Well he would say that wouldnt he? Just send him his money direct to his account.

A sports litigation lawyer, appearing on radio definitely not to promote his own interests says that relegated clubs in a different league with different articles of association 'might' have a case.

A silver bullet for Budge, there.

I've got an idea which would be novel to hearts and safe guard their future.Live withen their means?

Simply dont go above the budget that you've taken in from supporters?

This comes in from season tickets and merchandise mainly but their are other monies coming in.

Benny Factor doesnt count, thats cheating.

Given that the foundation of hearts is a collection of several thousand benefactors what do you suggest we do with the money?

27 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I wonder why a lawyer would argue that a case might be made............................

Of course, they do tend to talk their book - carefully and with get-outs and caveats. But there are not that many clubs in this position and you would think they would all have their brief appointed by now anyway. So not sure if there was too much incentive for him to exagerate.

https://www.brabners.com/people/andrew-mcgregor

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that the foundation of hearts is a collection of several thousand benefactors what do you suggest we do with the money?

Not the same thing though is it?

Benny is maybe putting more in than the whole of foh.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

I've got an idea which would be novel to hearts and safe guard their future.Live withen their means?

Simply dont go above the budget that you've taken in from supporters?

This comes in from season tickets and merchandise mainly but their are other monies coming in.

Benny Factor doesnt count, thats cheating.

*90% of the main foootball clubs rely, or have recently relied upon, the generosity of a benefactor, be they the local businessman made good (e.g. tyre-fitter)  or an overseas despot or crook looking for approval and kudos. I can only think of Man U as a proper money making business year on year. Maybe Celtic recently?

(* note for Chapsicks - this is a figure of speech and not an exact researched  statistic)

Edited by Pet Jeden

16 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Not the same thing though is it?

Benny is maybe putting more in than the whole of foh.

It is the same thing just at a different scale and Mr. Benjamin E. Factor (as he prefers to be known) hasn't put in anywhere near the  £10,122,559  that the Foundation have (Figure correct at time of writing)

Of course if your underlying point was that one-off income shouldn't be relied on to fund ongoing expenses then that is as true as it is trite and irrelevant

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

one-off income shouldn't be relied on to fund ongoing expenses

That's all i'm saying.

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

£10,122,559

That's a fantastic amount and foh has to be congratulated.

You could almost build half a stand with that.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It is the same thing just at a different scale and Mr. Benjamin E. Factor (as he prefers to be known) hasn't put in anywhere near the  £10,122,559  that the Foundation have (Figure correct at time of writing)

Sure about that?

The last three years of financial statements have Hearts getting a total of £6,750,000 in 'Exceptional donations' and a further £2,000,000 in "Exceptional donations for player costs" making £8,750,000 in total, which is pretty close.

It's very likely that Benny has already spunked another 2 million this year, but which has yet to show up in the published accounts. Given the desperate fight for survival, it's far more likely than not...

On 13/05/2020 at 19:14, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Anyway I thought I might Try to derail this thread onto the topic of Hearts

Obviously there's going to be some changes to the squad by the time we can next play football.

Some players may take the option of moving on whether Hearts want to keep them or not but the following are, according to transfermarkt, out of contract/End of loan this summer and decisions will need to be made about whether to try and retain them

Goal Keepers: Joel Pereira, Colin Doyle

Defenders: Clevid Dikamona, Jamie Brandon, Toby Sibbick

Midfield: Marcel Langer, Ryo Meshino, Oliver Bozanic, Lewis Moore, Donis Avdijaj

My hot takes

I doubt there are going to be many people getting upset if Pereira & Doyle go off to pastures new

Sibbick, Langer, & Avdijaj were signed in the break and we never really got to see what they were like. Sibbick looked really useful briefly and then (like everyone that has looked useful for Hearts over the last two years) got injured. 

Ryo Meshino is in a weird position he's under contract at the Etihad till 2022 but is clearly not going to get a game for man city. It's safe to say he'll go on loan somewhere else.

If you saw through Clevid Dikamona's leg it will say "Jambo Soldier"  all the way through and he'll probably still put in a better game on the other leg than Berra did against Hibs. I want him to stay

Has anybody every been excited to see Oliver Bozanic on a team sheet? Hearts transition from really rather good at the start of last season to a bit shit thereafter is closely correlated to the enforced deputation of Bozanic for Haring

Similarly Jamie Brandon's appearance on team sheet generally meant the Michael Smith was unavailable or having to fill in elsewhere

Lewis Moore is 22 if it was going to happen it would probably have happened by now.

That'll never catch on.

A very interesting read from the Guardian online.  Will Mrs Budge be following events as a potential precedent for action to be taken here ??
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/21/this-is-unjust-amiens-president-relegation-ligue-1

Stephane Adam done an interview with the Daily Record discussing Amiens and Hearts. The French decision was made by the government whereas ours was a vote (and a complete f**k up). If someone was to pay Hearts’ legal fees then fair enough, if we’re footed with the bill I’d rather the club used that money to pay off some of utter w**k who’s performances have left us bottom at this point. The vote was a complete farce but we’re bottom of the table because our performances, not the corona virus or lockdown.

Some reports this morning that the Championship will potentially be halved to an 18 game season and not start til January.  Quite how that'd be possible with promotion/relegation at stake is beyond me.  It raises a few points though:

• If the whole season below the top flight can effectively be shelved and restructured, why is it such an obstacle to reconstruct the premiership for one season and allow teams who can actually play to do so?
  • How can the argument about Hearts just accepting it so as not to damage other clubs, while we'd be actively stopped from playing full stop, continue to be pedalled?
  • Surely the allegations of self interest should be put back upon the top flight teams who are refusing to give a f**k about fellow member clubs while ensuring they pocket their full share of the TV money?

I wasn't convinced by the route of legal action from Budge, but the more it unfolds I think it has to be on the table.

Some reports this morning that the Championship will potentially be halved to an 18 game season and not start til January.  Quite how that'd be possible with promotion/relegation at stake is beyond me.  It raises a few points though:
  • If the whole season below the top flight can effectively be shelved and restructured, why is it such an obstacle to reconstruct the premiership for one season and allow teams who can actually play to do so?
  • How can the argument about Hearts just accepting it so as not to damage other clubs, while we'd be actively stopped from playing full stop, continue to be pedalled?
  • Surely the allegations of self interest should be put back upon the top flight teams who are refusing to give a f**k about fellow member clubs while ensuring they pocket their full share of the TV money?
I wasn't convinced by the route of legal action from Budge, but the more it unfolds I think it has to be on the table.

And a courtroom drama would at least give this forum something to keep it entertained while the football wasn’t on

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Sure about that?

The last three years of financial statements have Hearts getting a total of £6,750,000 in 'Exceptional donations' and a further £2,000,000 in "Exceptional donations for player costs" making £8,750,000 in total, which is pretty close.

It's very likely that Benny has already spunked another 2 million this year, but which has yet to show up in the published accounts. Given the desperate fight for survival, it's far more likely than not...

So that's 20 million they've fleeced, and spent, from the fans with the end result being an upgrade to their stadium (unfinished) to the 3rd largest in Edinburgh, and to be relegated?

That's successful businesswoman acumen right there.  Dempster take note.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Since the Scottish Cup Final 2012 in all competitions

Hearts 11 wins
Hibs 10 wins
10 Draws

Some derby dominance from the hibs bois.

No bad for the wee team that you ended as a club in 2012.  The wee team with the bigger stadium and in the division above you mind.