Heart of Midlothian 2014-

14 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Aye, the East Stand is crazy steep, to the point that I was fairly uncomfortable walking down the stairs.

The Roseburn is awful to get up / down after a few drinks :lol:

Will be interesting to see how the new stand comes along. Tynecastle and Easter Road are two of my favourite grounds to visit. Hopefully the new main stand will be right on top of the pitch as well. Not literally obviously, that would be stupid, but you know what I mean.

15 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I trust these assurances will be just as accurate as your predictions always are :lol: 

Naturally. greggy.png

15 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Even averaging 18-19 thousand it will still be a morgue. It's must be in the top ten worst in Scotland atmosphere wise. Even if Easter road was half full it still has a better atmosphere than a packed Tynie. That's just the way things are now.

The way Hibs fans go on, you would think Easter Road was akin to La Bombonera every fortnight.

The reality of the Dundee United game was on TV for all to see, you know. titter.png

The way Hibs fans go on, you would think Easter Road was akin to La Bombonera every fortnight.

The reality of the Dundee United game was on TV for all to see, you know. titter.png

I'm not saying Easter Road has some unbelievable atmosphere but it's better than Tynie and has been for a while now. Having been to the League Cup semi final last year at Tyncastle I do think it's a cracking place to watch football, I said as much on the thread on here. For some reason though there seems to be no atmosphere whatsoever just now.

It's quite clear to all that Easter road is a far more aesthetically pleasing football ground than Tynecastle.

And it is also quite clearly obvious that there are empty seats all over the joint on a weekly basis, let's not pretend Tynecastle is packed to the rafters with 17,500 every week. I was there enough times last season to know that this isn't the case.

I do like tynecastle as a stadium though tbf.

The 'old' Easter Rd was a brilliant place for atmosphere, especially when the Dunbar end was rammed.

Now it is soulless, stands too far apart, it feels too open (imho)

If Hibs are ever in a position where fan demand calls for it, (and STF pays for it) Easter Rd would be far more atmospheric if the corners were filled in with more seats.

4 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I'm not saying Easter Road has some unbelievable atmosphere but it's better than Tynie and has been for a while now. Having been to the League Cup semi final last year at Tyncastle I do think it's a cracking place to watch football, I said as much on the thread on here. For some reason though there seems to be no atmosphere whatsoever just now.

Thinks absolutely no neutral supporter. greggy.png

4 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

It's quite clear to all that Easter road is a far more aesthetically pleasing football ground than Tynecastle.

And it is also quite clearly obvious that there are empty seats all over the joint on a weekly basis, let's not pretend Tynecastle is packed to the rafters with 17,500 every week. I was there enough times last season to know that this isn't the case.

I do like tynecastle as a stadium though tbf.

Tynecastle doesn't hold 17,500 any more and it hasn't for years, otherwise we would have been hitting crowds of 17,000 every now and then over the past few years. Seats like those in lower N etc have had to be removed in recent times. We also lose 200-300 seats to segregation.

I like Easter Road - doesn't mean it won't be back to being second best in nearly every department twelve months from now. greggy.png