Heart of Midlothian 2014-

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure I understand the hype around Cathro, tbh. It all seems to stem from Ryan Gauld coming through, and him being able to rattle of "buzzwords". I'm a tragic individual so I've seen a chunk of his interviews, and he comes across similar to the 18 year new guy who's read every textbook, cover to cover, and expects everything to simply fall into place for him, as all he ever speaks in is cliches and the aforementioned "buzzwords" about how he'll create a "brand of exciting football, infused with youth development and a desire to win", when asked how he actually intends to go about it, he just passes over it and speaks about how it'll have to be the correct club for him.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I reckon he'd be a pretty poor appointment for you lot at the moment, tbh. 

I doubt he would've had the opportunities he's had as assistant manager if he is just "buzzwords". 

6 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I know it's not a dream appointment like Neil Lennon, but I'm willing to give the new guy a chance.

As long as we get a better looking mob turning up for the welcome photos at Riccarton, I don't give a f*** :lol:

Are Hearts fans pretty relaxed about Neilson leaving? I haven't read through the last few days comments but you never seemed too convinced by him?

Looks like it's happening so no point greeting about it. He's done well, not always been the best o' teckle, but he's done well. I think the fact it looks like we'll be replacing him with another young, progressive manager helps. If the favourites were (next Scotland boss) Jim Duffy or Jimmy Calderwood or the like I'd be more annoyed about the whole affair.

20 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Robbie Neilson leaves Hearts to go to MK Dons, leaving Hearts to get humped by Rangers.

Scottish football is utterly depressing sometimes. 

It's a sad indictment on the state of Scottish football that leaving a side likely to qualify for European competition for a side fighting to escape dropping into the fourth tier in England could be viewed as career advancement.

39 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

It's a sad indictment on the state of Scottish football that leaving a side likely to qualify for European competition for a side fighting to escape dropping into the fourth tier in England could be viewed as career advancement.

It is career advancement.

Just now, sjc said:

In monetary terms I dare say it will be.

Unfortunately it's true for all terms.

Keeping them up and eventually gaining promotion would only be trumped if Hearts won the league, personally I think he's far more chance of achieving what's required at MK Dons, it's not meant as a slur on Hearts(I'm a proud fan of a diddy). just the reality of where our game is at the moment in the eyes of those further up the football ladder.

Sheffield Wednesday had scouts last night at match watching Callum Paterson. I know a little about him but has been criticised by the tartan army when playing for Scotland about his lack of defending these past couple of months so should that be a worry?  I know he's good at going forward and scored a wonder goal Vs Motherwell this season if I remember rightly but if he's being brought in as a defender and doesn't do a job at that he'll certainly know about it with the Wednesday fans.

1 hour ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Sheffield Wednesday had scouts last night at match watching Callum Paterson. I know a little about him but has been criticised by the tartan army when playing for Scotland about his lack of defending these past couple of months so should that be a worry?  I know he's good at going forward and scored a wonder goal Vs Motherwell this season if I remember rightly but if he's being brought in as a defender and doesn't do a job at that he'll certainly know about it with the Wednesday fans.

Defending is probably the poorest part of his game (not bad, just needs work) but he is athletic and strong so will do well in the Championship. His best asset is his goal threat. He can get 10 goals a season from RB. He's played over 150 games for Hearts, scored 35(ish) goals, capped twice, played in Europe and he's only 21. Someone is going to get an absolute bargain.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Unfortunately it's true for all terms.

Keeping them up and eventually gaining promotion would only be trumped if Hearts won the league, personally I think he's far more chance of achieving what's required at MK Dons, it's not meant as a slur on Hearts(I'm a proud fan of a diddy). just the reality of where our game is at the moment in the eyes of those further up the football ladder.

I agree fwiw. I'd say it's the reality of most smaller leagues in Europe to be honest.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

I agree fwiw. I'd say it's the reality of most smaller leagues in Europe to be honest.

Your opinion is worth as much as anyone else's that isn't playing the "ma da' bigger than your da" game.